Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
somedayhunchback

Could Pocahontas be in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Pocahontas is one of my most wanted worlds for KH! But as much as I want it to happen I see a bit of complication since Copyright issues like what happened with Tarzan. Pocahontas is a historic character so the rights for her story and such are not to be used freely like with other films. While it's not impossible for SE to get the rights and such for the inclusion of the world in the game I do see SE avoiding uneccessary issues and procedures. But who really knows right?

I guess Pocahontas and John Smith would be party members

i would think so

Pocahontas is one of my most wanted worlds for KH! But as much as I want it to happen I see a bit of complication since Copyright issues like what happened with Tarzan. Pocahontas is a historic character so the rights for her story and such are not to be used freely like with other films. While it's not impossible for SE to get the rights and such for the inclusion of the world in the game I do see SE avoiding uneccessary issues and procedures. But who really knows right?

im not sure you can own the movie rights to historical figures, id have to check

I mean why not i mean Ariel wasn't a Princess of Heart since Alice and Kairi has stolen Pocahontas and Ariel's Spots in the Princess of Hearts i mean i know Pocahontas wasn't in the Past Kingdom Hearts Games so maybe Kingodm Hearts III should at least Include Two Disney Renaissance Worlds for this game and Pocahontas could be in it.

I don't personally see it happening. But you never know. I think Disney tries to.... shy away from that movie for more than one reason but they have surprised me before with their choices.

I have a weird love/hate relationship with Pocahontas. I won't lie, I loved it as a kid and I have some nostalgia for it (the music and animation are top notch) but dang is it a strange choice to make into a kid's movie. Even more so than Hunchback was. Like this was a real person. 

As much as I absolutely love Pocahontas movies 1 & 2, I don't think her movie fits well in Kingdom Hearts.  And what would the heartless even be?  It's not a good setting in KH3, in the early days of Virginia, for a heartless infested world to visit.

Maybe Indian-themed Heartless? It’s not impossible to think about it. Difficult, yes, but not impossible.

I think that there was already a disscution about this topic... I think...

Anyway, I don't think that they'd choose Pocahantas as a world for multiple reasons. To begin with, it wouldn't fit in too well. As nice as it'd be to have one of the older Disney movies in the mix, it wouldn't have a place. Then, there's the historical element. The movie wasn't historically accurate to begin with, so Disney made the second movie as a way to correct the mistakes of historical acurracy, but just ended up making a worse movie that didn't live up to the first, in terms of quality. I also think it wouldn't work out due to the fact that its American History. I don't know why that's a reason, but it probably is...?

Anyway, that's my point of view.

Maybe Indian-themed Heartless? It’s not impossible to think about it. Difficult, yes, but not impossible.

The correct term is Native American. Not Indian.

I would totally be down for seeing Pocahontas appear in Kingdom Hearts III! Now, the fact of the matter of how likely it would be for us to actually see the film be adapted into a world is an unknown factor at this point! I've read the comments here, and it seems there's some issues historically wise, so there's that! So I really don't know if Pocahontas would eventually end up in the game or not, ya know?

I kind of hope not. Given that the movie already overly simplified/sugar-coated the contact that First Nations had with European settlers, having it abridged and made even more fanciful with Kingdom Hearts whimsy would do a great disservice to what is still a contentious issue.

I hope it's in KH3 DESPITE this. But I think that's why it probably won't be in.

I hope it's in KH3 DESPITE this. But I think that's why it probably won't be in.

It also wasn't received as well as other Disney classics like TLK and Hercules.  So, the demand for the world is probably not as high.  However, Chicken Little was a summon in KH2 despite his movie being a bust.  I think it just matters on how the content is handled since there was some people like Russel Means that praised the film, despite the controversy surrounding it.

It also wasn't received as well as other Disney classics like TLK and Hercules.  So, the demand for the world is probably not as high.  However, Chicken Little was a summon in KH2 despite his movie being a bust.  I think it just matters on how the content is handled since there was some people like Russel Means that praised the film, despite the controversy surrounding it.

Chicken Little was just coming out at the time. His cameo as a summon was a promotion for the movie. In fact, the DVD came out in North America about a week after KH2 did.

Edited by Andrew Rowland

You know Pocahontas is a Disney princess after all.

It is a great story and a wonderful world don't take this too serious.

I just think people forget that Disney Pocahontas isn't the same as the historical Pocahontas.  So, they are mad at Disney for actually fantalizing the story of a young girl stolen away from her people and forced to start a new life and family with a man that was in part responsible for eventual forced assimilation and later death.

I just think people forget that Disney Pocahontas isn't the same as the historical Pocahontas.  So, they are mad at Disney for actually fantalizing the story of a young girl stolen away from her people and forced to start a new life and family with a man that was in part responsible for eventual forced assimilation and later death.

The irony is that the Disney version is far from the first version of the story to actually do anything like that. From my understanding, there is a novel that was written in the early 19th century, that also romanticizes her life. 

The irony is that the Disney version is far from the first version of the story to actually do anything like that. From my understanding, there is a novel that was written in the early 19th century, that also romanticizes her life. 

Yeah, the actual truth regarding her is probably pretty murky since the tribe is likely not around anymore.  Most of what we know about her probably comes mostly from John Smith's account.  Plus, people probably want to see her as a hero rather than a victim.