Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Jingilator

How I imagine a future KH3 trailer

Hey, guys. Here’s a little something I thought up for a KH3 trailer (inspired by a tweet by HMK)…

Sora, Donald and Goofy land themselves in Radiant Garden, which has been greatly restored but still needs much repair.

“Sora! Donald! Goofy!”

“Leon! How are things in the city?”

“Good so far. There’s still work that needs to be done, though. Plus, with our old sage-king gone, reconstruction is going a bit slow.”

“Oh…so then, is there someone else who could fill in?”

“Yeah, and we told him to be prepared in case you guys came. In fact, he should be here right about…”

“Are these three the guys?”

Sora, Donald, and Goofy look to see a man in formal attire walking toward them.

“Sora…this is Noctis Lucis Caelum.”

The trailer then cuts to gameplay of Radiant Garden (to FFXV’s “Stand Your Ground”), with Leon and Noctis as party members. The group encounters an alarming number of Heartless (Wizards and Defenders) and Nobodies (Creepers accompanied by a new Ninja Nobody that resembles Larxene) near the postern. Sora is holding a Radiant Garden-themed Keyblade that he transforms into the Radiant Shield (聖なる盾 “Holy Shield”)-which acts similar to Counter Shield-for Guard Form. After fighting some enemies with Thunder and Aqua magic, Sora transforms to Garden’s Edge (聖なる剣 “Holy Sword”), a giant sword that acts similar to Blade Drive. After a short string of combos, Sora finishes with a longer swinging combo, finished by the way he and Riku finish their Combined Keyblade combo in DDD (with an illusion of KH2 Riku next to Sora).

The gameplay then cuts to the fountain court (this time, Sora is holding the Kingdom Key), which is largely infested by a swarm of Unversed (Floods and Bruisers accompanied by a new witch-like Unversed). Sora summons Ariel once again, and the two perform several attacks against the Unversed before finishing off with an illusion of Ursula that slams her tentacles everywhere. Sora once again activates Second Form, this time performing Ragnarok as his respective Shotlock; as he defeats the Unversed in the area, an even larger group of them (this time with a small group of giant candy Unversed) spawns. Sora then proceeds to a Limit with Noctis called Royal Assault (ファントム剣 “Phantom Sword”), where Noctis lets out his Royal Arms for him and Sora to use together. After snippets of a long combo, Sora and Noctis rain the Royal Arms down on the Unversed, killing a great number of them.

The trailer cuts to a cutscene snippet of a giant statue/tank Unversed, and then cuts to a boss battle against it. The giant Unversed, accompanied by Earth Core Heartless and Scrapper Unversed, summons corrupt Holy magic and rains it down upon the party (now with Tifa and Yuffie as members). Sora attacks it while it’s recharging, cutting over to the giant Unversed shooting cannonballs from its body. Sora then unleashes the Big Magic Mountain Attraction Flow, with Sora, Donald and Goofy circling the Unversed. The trio then finish by jumping out of the train, which crashes into the Unversed and explodes.

The final scene of the trailer shows a cutscene between Sora and co. and Maleficent.

“It’s over, Maleficent. You can’t run or hide!”

“I don’t plan to, boy. I merely plan to find my own personal treasure, which I’m certain is here in Radiant Garden. It is a special black box that was left behind sometime after the Keyblade War.”

“‘…Black box?’”

KINGDOM HEARTS III

Coming November 2018

Edited by lollygagger19

You forgot about Lea and Kairi visiting their home world after completing their training.

That might be spoiler material by Nomura's standards, so I decided to think like Nomura and avoid spoiling it (cause heck if know what it'll be like).

That might be spoiler material by Nomura's standards, so I decided to think like Nomura and avoid spoiling it (cause heck if know what it'll be like).

But we still have to see Kairi's new costume, and after Riku's reveal on D23, it should be only natural that the next trailer shows Kairi.