•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Grand Theft Auto V PC Texture-Loading Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Sideris

Nick Sideris
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

Before I get into any details , here are my laptop specs :

Processor : AMD A10-8700P Quad Core 1.80 GHz 

RAM : 8 GB

Video Card : Integrated Radeon R6 and Radeon R6 M345DX with total VRAM of 2 GB 

So now that we got that out of the way , here's my problem : like a typical dumb guy that I am , I bought GTA V in hopes of actually being able to play it with low-normal performance without many issues . Here are the game's requirements : https://support.rock...icles/203428177 .

Now the game runs normally with a steady 30 FPS (saw that in a Benchmark Test)  . Everything runs smoothly on low settings but there's a bit of an issue : whenever I drive fast (especially around the city) , the city textures (streets,buildings) tend to load very slowly and I can see through the whole map . I've tried some stuff : 1. Tried reducing the max power that is used by the processor to avoid overheating , 2. Set the priority of the game to High , 3. Changed some of the outside settings . None of those actually fixed anything .It got a bit better when I maxed out the Distance Scaling in-game setting but the problem was still there . I feel like the problem comes from the low processor speed but I'm not so sure .

I can still refund the game but before I do so ,I want to try everything that I can to maybe fix the issue . Is there something else that I can do ? Any other suggestions ?  

#2 joku760

joku760

Praise the Sun!

• 252 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:03 PM

I don't think KH13 is the place to ask for help in this matter, but in this case I pretty sure you'd get the same answer that I'm going to give no matter where you ask: Your laptop isn't good enough. No way around it really. I suggest you refund.

#3 Nick Sideris

Nick Sideris
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:56 AM

I don't think KH13 is the place to ask for help in this matter, but in this case I pretty sure you'd get the same answer that I'm going to give no matter where you ask: Your laptop isn't good enough. No way around it really. I suggest you refund.

Yeah , I guess you're right .I made a post in the GTA Forums , hopefully they'll help me there . Thanks anyway !