I was reading about KH3 in Wikipedia and then I stumbled upon this snippet of information that I had not yet read.
3495D8B8-CB82-47BA-9002-B889F1B25F8B.png 691.69KB 1 downloads
The final paragraph of the first section about D23 2018 clearly states that the development of KH3’s world’s are split into 3 cycles with APPROX. 3 Worlds in each one. I frowned, there was only going to be 9 Worlds in KH3? So I followed the citation to a GameSpot article.
4F986419-04AC-4DC8-BBBF-DFF9C4E47759.png 684.5KB 1 downloads
This sheds more light on it. There are 3 cycles each with 3 Worlds, but there are not 9 Worlds total. To me, I believe that this means there will be 9 Disney Worlds IN ADDITION to other Kingdom Hearts exclusive worlds, i.e. Radiant Garden, Twilight Town etc.
To me, this seems a little more reasonable as they stated the 0.2 BBS game in 2.8 would be equal in length and size to a KH3 world. That took around 3 hours so 3x9 PLUS the other KH worlds they decide to throw in seems a decent amount of playtime for the game.
One thing that does slightly worry me is that they haven’t finished any of the 3 world development cycles less than 12 months before the release of the game. However, I have learnt to take what developers say with a pinch of salt and perhaps the 60% they have done of Cycle 2 is the base development and the other 40% will take much less time to complete.
This is all speculation, though. Any opinions?
P.S. I apologise if this has already been mentioned and I missed it.
Edited by DemyxIsBest, 14 February 2018 - 08:10 AM.