Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Alchemike

I think Monster Inc world is actually after the movie

If you see the enviroment and how Sully and Mike acts,they seems rather familiar with her like Mike says "c'mon boo,im Mike wasowski" they feel like they know her.But the prove above all are the room where they works with the doors are full of balloons and you know when balloons are in monster inc.That's right during the ending.So the kh3 events are basically shortly after the first movie.

The motto is “We scare because we care” though, so I don’t think it will be after the movie. Also Mike and Sully got to know Boo during the movie so that’s no valid point imo.

It's almost definitely set after the events of the film. At 1:53 in the trailer you can see a sign on the wall that says "Be Funny" referencing the fact that it was found at the end of the film that laughter is a better source of energy than screams. And at 1:07 you can see scaffolding in front of the "We Scare Because We Care" motto to indicate that they're in the process of updating it.

i know it's strange that boo is there but remember that the organization brings back the baymax left in the portal.So it's possible that it is set like really closely after monster inc. ending (perhaps even at the same day of the ending) and at that moment vanitas came to create problems with the doors bringing back boo.

I also think it's after the first movie. In this mission here we see we need Boo's laugh power, which they also start to collect at the end of Monster Inc movie instead of screams. 
091a871270.png

I know this is massive amounts of late, but just for anyone confused: the last scene before the credits roll is Sully opening Boo’s door and seeing her, which opens the possibility that Monsters Inc. in KH3 opens sometime directly after that.