Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dave Ramos

If Sora joined Dissidia, which KH villain would follow?

If Sora joined Dissidia, which KH villain would follow?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. If Sora joined Dissidia, which KH villain would follow?

• Ansem
    • Xemnas
    • Master Xehanort
    • Young Xehanort
    • Marluxia
    • Riku-Ansem
    • Mansex
    • Donald
    • Someone Else? Share Below!

In terms of plot, Xemnas. He's been a bigger presence against Sora than Ansem.

In terms of franchise, Ansem. He's a reoccurring antagonist, as well as the first one of the series.

I guess it mostly depends on which version of Sora is chosen to represent Kingdom Hearts. If they go with the KH1 version, then Ansem. If KH2, then Xemnas.

Someone actually asked nomura in an interview if Sora would make it into Dissidia unfortunately he said no and it's strictly for Final Fantasy characters I was really bummed. Maybe if we cry enough he will change his mind lol.

Edited by RuDoe Ry

I would have to go with Xemnas. In my opinion, Xemnas feels like he's more of archenemy toward Sora than Ansem Seeker of Darkness. Ansem SoD feels more like an archenemy toward Riku, especially in Dream Drop Distance. Xemnas makes more sense to me.

Master Xehanort. I thought it was obvious.

Don't get me wrong. Most of the KH fanbase does know he is the main antagonist of the series.

HOWEVER, Sora hasn't even met the guy yet lol (that is not counting YX who even then would be a better option then his older self). The interactions and conversations they would have really wouldn't make sense between the two. UNLESS Sora was replaced with Terra or Aqua or even Ventus.

But yeah Xemnas I feel would be the Xehanort that is the better personal villain for Sora. 

Don't get me wrong. Most of the KH fanbase does know he is the main antagonist of the series.

HOWEVER, Sora hasn't even met the guy yet lol (that is not counting YX who even then would be a better option then his older self). The interactions and conversations they would have really wouldn't make sense between the two. UNLESS Sora was replaced with Terra or Aqua or even Ventus.

But yeah Xemnas I feel would be the Xehanort that is the better personal villain for Sora. 

No, Xemnas wouldn't suit a Kingdom Hearts Dissidia. Because, during Sora's travels, he was not the main problem, he was just a distraction, he was little more than another Ansem (Xehanort's heartless) in terms of the role he played in the story. Whereas Ansem & Xemnas simply orchestrated traffic using the heartless & the nobodies as bait, Sora as the tool, Master Xehanort was the Mastermind of the entire storyline's events. I mean, which comes first, the chicken or the egg? These things go in order, & should be kept in order. What I'm trying to say is, Master Xehanort started the whole thing, not Xemnas. If you want to think about it another way, compare Xehanort & Xemnas to Kevin Flynn & Clu 2.0. 

No, Xemnas wouldn't suit a Kingdom Hearts Dissidia. Because, during Sora's travels, he was not the main problem, he was just a distraction, he was little more than another Ansem (Xehanort's heartless) in terms of the role he played in the story. Whereas Ansem & Xemnas simply orchestrated traffic using the heartless & the nobodies as bait, Sora as the tool, Master Xehanort was the Mastermind of the entire storyline's events. I mean, which comes first, the chicken or the egg? These things go in order, & should be kept in order. What I'm trying to say is, Master Xehanort started the whole thing, not Xemnas. If you want to think about it another way, compare Xehanort & Xemnas to Kevin Flynn & Clu 2.0.

But as far as characteristics and abilities Xemnas has far more considerable uniqueness than Xehanort in combat. If I were to play a Dissidia with Sora in it, I wouldn't want the villain to be another Keyblade wielder. Xemnas has stood in Sora's way more than any other villain and also doesn't use a Keyblade. This opens up more possibilities for his combat in a Dissidia game. He would be much more unique than Xehanort as he already is in Kingdom Hearts. Edited by Hero of Winds

But as far as characteristics and abilities Xemnas has far more considerable uniqueness than Xehanort in combat. If I were to play a Dissidia with Sora in it, I wouldn't want the villain to be another Keyblade wielder. Xemnas has stood in Sora's way more than any other villain and also doesn't use a Keyblade. This opens up more possibilities for his combat in a Dissidia game. He would be much more unique than Xehanort as he already is in Kingdom Hearts.

Just because he has a keyblade, doesn't make him a Sora clone. Xemnas is Xehanort's clone, albeit missing the heart, despite different weapons/fighting styles. No matter whether it's Ansem, Rikunort, Terranort, Kiddynort, Master Xehanort or Xemnas, it's all the same in the end, because it's the same guy. No matter how many forms he takes, how many identity cards he steals, he's always gonna wind up being Xehanort in the end. In short, You're picking someone over the EXACT SAME GUY! To quote Sean O'Haire, "I'm not telling you anything you don't already know".

Just because he has a keyblade, doesn't make him a Sora clone. Xemnas is Xehanort's clone, albeit missing the heart, despite different weapons/fighting styles. No matter whether it's Ansem, Rikunort, Terranort, Kiddynort, Master Xehanort or Xemnas, it's all the same in the end, because it's the same guy. No matter how many forms he takes, how many identity cards he steals, he's always gonna wind up being Xehanort in the end. In short, You're picking someone over the EXACT SAME GUY! To quote Sean O'Haire, "I'm not telling you anything you don't already know".

Another thing you have to take into account is how fun/different the character would be to play. To me, Ansem and Xemnas would both have rather different playstyles in Dissidia, just based on how they play. Master Xehanort, to me, would probably play like Emperor Mateus.

One other thing is character relationships. Seymour, being the main antagonist of FFX, was originally going to be the villain of FFX in the first Dissidia, but was declined in favor of Jecht, who had a more personal connection to Tidus. Sora has never met Master Xehanort. Sora has no real idea what Master Xehanort has done. Thus far, he has no personal stake/conflict with Master Xehanort. Xemnas, however, has a huge relationship with Sora. From KH2 to DDD, Xemnas has consistently been there to oppose Sora, whether it be forcing him to defeat Heartless or causing him to question his own existence.

Also, picking Xemnas instead of Xehanort is not, in your own words, "picking someone over the EXACT SAME GUY". If anything, Kingdom Hearts as a series has consistently presented that people who are directly related to each other (Sora/Roxas, Roxas/Xion, Ventus/Vanitas, Sora/Ventus) are equally as different and unique as they are the same.

Another thing you have to take into account is how fun/different the character would be to play. To me, Ansem and Xemnas would both have rather different playstyles in Dissidia, just based on how they play. Master Xehanort, to me, would probably play like Emperor Mateus.

One other thing is character relationships. Seymour, being the main antagonist of FFX, was originally going to be the villain of FFX in the first Dissidia, but was declined in favor of Jecht, who had a more personal connection to Tidus. Sora has never met Master Xehanort. Sora has no real idea what Master Xehanort has done. Thus far, he has no personal stake/conflict with Master Xehanort. Xemnas, however, has a huge relationship with Sora. From KH2 to DDD, Xemnas has consistently been there to oppose Sora, whether it be forcing him to defeat Heartless or causing him to question his own existence.

Also, picking Xemnas instead of Xehanort is not, in your own words, "picking someone over the EXACT SAME GUY". If anything, Kingdom Hearts as a series has consistently presented that people who are directly related to each other (Sora/Roxas, Roxas/Xion, Ventus/Vanitas, Sora/Ventus) are equally as different and unique as they are the same.

Seymour was the MAIN antagonist?! So, due to the fact that they picked Jecht over Seymour made me believe Jecht was the main antagonist. Have you had a similar experience, even if it wasn't the same game?

Seymour was the MAIN antagonist?! So, due to the fact that they picked Jecht over Seymour made me believe Jecht was the main antagonist. Have you had a similar experience, even if it wasn't the same game?

Yep, but Seymour had a much more personal connection to Yuna than he did to Tidus.

Dissidia actually made me think that Gabranth had a huge role in XII. Gabranth does appear throughout XII, but he's not as major of a player to the plot as Vayne or Doctor Cid.

First of all, I never said he would be a clone, but that I wouldn't want a second Keyblade wielder in Dissidia against Sora.

Second, Xemnas may be the Nobody of Xehanort, but he is very much so an extremely different character. He relies heavily on Ethereal Blades and Reflect magic. His gameplay would be considerably far better than that of Xehanort. By basically saying that Xehanort would be the better choice just because it's Xehanort and everyone related to him is the same character in every way completely disregards the personality, traits, and abilities of each and every character. At this point I can't tell if you're arguing your point for a serious reason or just for the sake of it.

First of all, I never said he would be a clone, but that I wouldn't want a second Keyblade wielder in Dissidia against Sora.

Second, Xemnas may be the Nobody of Xehanort, but he is very much so an extremely different character. He relies heavily on Ethereal Blades and Reflect magic. His gameplay would be considerably far better than that of Xehanort. By basically saying that Xehanort would be the better choice just because it's Xehanort and everyone related to him is the same character in every way completely disregards the personality, traits, and abilities of each and every character. At this point I can't tell if you're arguing your point for a serious reason or just for the sake of it.

We were only arguing over something that was never intended to happen, right? So, why should we even worry about it anymore? I mean, it's just fanfiction & nothing more...now that I think harder about it. I mean, this argument has about as much depth as two five year olds fighting over whether Jontron or Pewdiepie is better.

We were only arguing over something that was never intended to happen, right? So, why should we even worry about it anymore? I mean, it's just fanfiction & nothing more...now that I think harder about it. I mean, this argument has about as much depth as two five year olds fighting over whether Jontron or Pewdiepie is better.

Eh...what?

Guess I'm gonna drop out of this. You seem very confused on this topic.

Eh...what?

Guess I'm gonna drop out of this. You seem very confused on this topic.

Ok. I got confused as soon as I realized that one post of mine had a mixed message, no idea why. Maybe it's because I didn't know what else to say, or I was desperate, or something like that.