•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

The request to take away EA star wars license

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AwesomeKHfan

AwesomeKHfan
  • 720 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:08 AM

If you didn't know EA's Star Wars Battlefront 2 came under fire not so long ago that the game was one big microtransaction video game/gamble machine and the game became one of the lowest scored games on Metacritic.

http://www.metacriti...-battlefront-ii

With a 0.0 user score it is one of the lowest scored video games on Metacritic history, I do say it's only because of the microtransactions and I haven't played it myself but there were still some issues with the story of the game.

Personal I find EA's handling with the Star Wars license really disrespectfull towards the gamers and star wars in general, they also have not done so much with it in the last years anyway.

I signed the petition to actually have someone else do the games.

#2 NemesisSP

NemesisSP
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:34 AM

While I hate EA as much as the next guy, I'd rather they didn't take it away because they'll also be taking it away from Bioware and The Old Republic is a good game.

#3 Dustin Lübbers

Dustin Lübbers

ZgermanGuy

• 777 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

While I hate EA as much as the next guy, I'd rather they didn't take it away because they'll also be taking it away from Bioware and The Old Republic is a good game.

But if the gamers want to teach this company that It cant treat  its consumers any longer like this than sacrifices have to be made

#4 twilight_roxas

twilight_roxas
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

I think another video game company like Sega should aquire the licensing rights to make Star Wars games.

#5 Iamkingdomhearts1000

Iamkingdomhearts1000

Reconnect. ReMIX.

• 2,148 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

The people who made games like Star Wars Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo, Factor 5, someone should learn from how they made a decent Star Wars video game, know what i mean?

Edited by Iamkingdomhearts1000, 06 December 2017 - 04:39 PM.

#6 NemesisSP

NemesisSP
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

But if the gamers want to teach this company that It cant treat its consumers any longer like this than sacrifices have to be made

That won't teach them anything. All it will do is make us lose another good game and one of the last remaining Legends projects still being allowed to see new material. You are not teaching EA a lesson by this, what you are doing is simply punishing game developers who are only trying to make some decent games against the backwards logic thinking that the heads of EA are operating on.

More than likely taking away The Old Republic would convince EA that BioWare no longer has an audience. They've done that kind of logic twisting before. The $3 billion stock loss worked because it was a result not of an idea that DICE was doing, but EA itself. EA is the one pushing for stuff like that and pushing out games before they are finished. If the license is removed, we'll just have more studios like Visceral and BioWare Montreal shut down because EA will just place blame on others instead of themselves. I'm not saying they still won't, but it's more likely to happen if fans get what they want and Disney removes the SW license from EA.

The best thing would be to not remove the license completely, but EA's exclusive rights for it. That will do a lot more to hurt the company while still allowing BioWare to make their games.

Edited by NemesisSP, 06 December 2017 - 09:50 PM.

#7 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Bringing Christmas Cheer!"

• 11,970 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

Oh wow, Awesome Sauce had told me that Battlefront II was undergoing some major controversy, but I never figured it was something as huge as this! Just wow! :O

Well, I'm still going to get the game, because it's one of my most anticipated games that I want to have, and I've never been one for microtransactions, so I'll simply enjoy the game without shelling out the cash, ya know? 

But wow, it seems as though EA is under the crosshairs of the public, as it would seem! I wonder what'll happen next?