•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Just Completed Sonic Unleashed :].

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Iamkingdomhearts1000

Iamkingdomhearts1000

Reconnect. ReMIX.

• 2,150 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:28 PM

Dark Gaia was TOUGH, as hell and i kept having to retry Eggmanland which was annoying, not to mention finding all of the right amount of both Sun and Moon Medals but all in all, it was totally worth it, now i have finally completed all of the main Modern Sonic games up to date :].

#2 Finn and vigor

Finn and vigor

Blacky and the Brain

• 213 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

I played Unleased awhile back and i didnt think it deserved all the hate it got. The Werehog stages were annoying at times if course but i thought they Were pretty fun. Though this is coming from someone who liked Shadow The Hedgehog (gameplay wise) so maybe my tastes aren't very trustworthy lol.

#3 Iamkingdomhearts1000

Iamkingdomhearts1000

Reconnect. ReMIX.

• 2,150 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:16 PM

I played Unleased awhile back and i didnt think it deserved all the hate it got. The Werehog stages were annoying at times if course but i thought they Were pretty fun. Though this is coming from someone who liked Shadow The Hedgehog (gameplay wise) so maybe my tastes aren't very trustworthy lol.

That depends on personal opinion and the opinions of others, i thought Shadow was good too, too many endings though.

#4 Isaix

Isaix

The Luna Diviner

• 2,632 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

The final boss was epic in terms of game feel,but in terms of gameplay I hated it,it felt unfair and Eggmanland was a pretty bad stage,the problem with making difficult stages with the boost gameplay is that Sonic goes too fast,so a lot of the traps are unfair because we can't see them coming,especially the first time.

Other then that Sonic Unleashed is awesome,much better then Sonic forces

#5 Iamkingdomhearts1000

Iamkingdomhearts1000

Reconnect. ReMIX.

• 2,150 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:39 AM

The final boss was epic in terms of game feel,but in terms of gameplay I hated it,it felt unfair and Eggmanland was a pretty bad stage,the problem with making difficult stages with the boost gameplay is that Sonic goes too fast,so a lot of the traps are unfair because we can't see them coming,especially the first time.

Other then that Sonic Unleashed is awesome,much better then Sonic forces

I think the problem with the latest Sonic games starting from Sonic Unleashed but actually Sonic Colours being the actual starting point is that all Sonic games from them points onward focused only on Sonic, Tails and Eggman, its like they were purposely trying to scrap all the other Characters and focused only on the game-play element, not the story, as well, i've missed the Sonic Adventure formula games, i want another game where Sonic, Shadow and Silver are the three primary heroes again, although i would want game-play akin to that of Sonic Unleashed and onwards, know what i mean?

#6 ReverofE

ReverofE

Forever Alone

• 445 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

Fun fact: The director for this game (who was also the director for the Hedgehog graphic Engine used in this game too) went on to direct the Luminus Engine used for Final Fantasy XV. 

And yeah Sonic Unleashed is amazing. It has one of the best stories in any of the Sonic games AND despite it being almost 10 years old it is one of the best looking games on the PS360. It totally deserves to be on my A tier list of Sonic games.

Also it really didn't deserve ANY of that hate. Like a lot of the reviewers for this game gave the PS2/Wii versions highers. And IGN and Gamespot even gave this game a 3.5/10 and a 4.5/10. Which IMO is just criminal.

#7 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Bringing Christmas Cheer!"

• 11,970 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:52 PM

You know, I've always been curious about Sonic: Unleashed. I remember seeing trailers for it back in the day when I had Dish Network and it seemed like a fun game. But since most Sonic games have gotten a bad reputation from the fanbase, I haven't really picked it up, or any of the Sonic games, for that matter. X3