Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
rikunobodyxiii

Roleplay Kingdom Hearts: Lost Radiance

- Talus Vanhir - Destiny Island; Abandoned Warehouse in capital -

"I don't know and my name is something you're gonna have to earn." Talus answered directly at Omicron's question, ignoring her interrogator-like tone as she sat on the chair and was surprised about the surroundings.

Still leaning against the wall Talus simply looked at her with a blank face as he rubbed his chin with his left hand. "If you're wondering you're not restrained, I just got you here." Talus explained their situation as it really had been mere minutes and he never had any intention of restraining her anyway. 

A long pause remained as they both stared at each other, "I saved you from incarceration or death at the hands of Silas Ironheart." He broke the silence with the statement, "You failed to take out the emperor, and I had to save you." Talus continued. 

"Now the reason for the assassination attempt I don't know and frankly, I don't need to know." He spoke, standing upright now and walking towards her. Stretching his arm and opening his hand. As an orb of void energy was cast and was floating on top of it. Pure void energy. THe same energy Omicon had. 

"I want to know how you got your power, and how come its the same as mine." He questioned.

- Aurion and Aether - Private Shuttle -

Aurion stared at Kira for a moment as his eyebrow raised ever so slightly. Aether simply smiled at that. The delivery boy sighed and did exactly what the woman told him without saying a word.
"I think you hurt his feelings," Aether said.
"She really didn't!" Aurion replied from a distance.
Aether then stretched out before following  Kira's example and sat down in one of the benches.
"And to answer your question, Kira, I have no idea of what are you talking about. I may have seen the guy somewhere around the palace," The Assassin replied calmly, "but I can honestly say that I never interacted with such a person. If you told me what you detect  on me that is similar to this target of yours, maybe I could remember something specific. Today was quite the eventful day after all, and as such, I may have forgotten a few things that happened while I was serving the snobs at the palace. Perhaps a hint could help me remember."

Aurion could hear the voices of Aether and Kira. Apparently Aether also had contact with the strange noble, but perhaps it would be best to stay away from such conversation. Instead he followed the same path the driver of the ship took.
"Uh, excuse me?" Aurion said while peeking inside the control room, "the bossy one over there told me to come over here."
The delivery boy watched as the ship slowly left the orbit of Destiny Islands, his home for a few years, and sighed.
"I'm Aurion, by the way. Your friend told me to tell you a place to drop me off," Aurion said after getting inside the control room, "So, uh...Know any good place for that? Haven't had the chance to see many other worlds, so I don't know many places."

Edited by Elrandir

{Omicron: Destiny Island; Warehouse}

Omicron watched Talus carefully. His claims of getting her out of the Prince's clutches seemed suspicious. Getting out of there would have been difficult. Perhaps an act to get her guard down? His comment about her failing to kill the Emperor got a slight twitch in reaction. She had failed the contract. As the primary on the mission, the board would blame her. And her supervisor would not be pleased...

The Assassin's worries about the punishment she would face from the Silver Ravens vanished with Talus's creation of the Void Orb. Her eyes locked on it instantly, her blank expression shattering into a multitude of emotions fighting for control.

"I...have no idea what...you're talking about..." she said slowly, her eyes never leaving the orb.

She felt the energy in her bones. It was the one that she had felt in the castle. Why did it feel familiar?

{Kira: Lanes Between; Shuttle}

"Yeah, well, I'm not hired for my manners." Kira said as she crossed her arms, ignoring Aurion's protest.

The Gunslinger listened to Aether's explanation with a look of forced patience. She didn't like the idea of giving out details of her target. The boss generally frowned on that. But maybe a little wouldn't hurt.

"I'm looking for someone who uses a rare type of magic." She said after a sigh. "Client called it 'Null-something-something'. Whatever it is, it leaves a distinct signature, if you are looking for it. I was given a scanner so I could track it down. I may not know the exact science behind it, but I do know it takes more than just seeing someone to get a read. From what I understand, effects of this magic is either very violent, really weird, or both."

Kira raised an eyebrow.

"Any of that ring a bell?"

"LeFou Jr." was sitting in one of two chairs stationed in front of the main control panel. He swiveled his seat around when Aurion entered. For an instant it looked like he was trying on a tough guy face, but he abandoned it in less than heart beat for a look of polite helpfulness. His expression further changed after Aurion referred to Kira as the bossy one to one of a fellow sufferer commiserating a burden.

"Yeah, she can get difficult at times." He said in an apologetic tone. "Once she settles down she should be at least tolerable."

The pilot gestured for Aurion to sit in one of the two seats behind the pilot and co-pilot chair before turning back to the controls.

"Glad to meet you, Aurion!" He greeted. "I'm..."

He paused as he considered what he could say that wouldn't get him yelled at later.

"Simeon." He finished, quickly glancing through the door to see that Kira wasn't giving him a dirty look.

"Let's see..." Simeon said as he keyed on a display that scrolled a spiral of text. "There's a couple of hub worlds we could drop you off at, like Radiant Garden or Twilight Town. Could even get you back to the Dark Realm i-"

Simeon suddenly went silent with his face making the mother of all grimaces. He was in for it now.

- Aether - Private Shuttle -

Aether listened carefully to what Kira had to say. By the look of it she wasn't allowed to give much information regarding her job or her targets, but Aether could understand that.
"Not a single one I'm afraid," Aether replied, "Although I did caught some whispers of a strange feeling among some guests. Sadly, I didn't had time to question that."
While that was not exactly the truth, she had seen her partner in crime react strangely and say something about a strange feeling.
"Was a little busy trying to get away from the chaos caused by the explosions."

- Aurion - Private Shuttle - Control Room -

"I wonder if that is possible. She looks like a really...nevermind," Aurino replied, "Anyways. It is a pleasure Simeon."
The ex-delivery boy took a seat behind the co-pilot seat and leaned back to rest for a moment. His eyes closed and his breath relaxed, it seemed that his life was going to change once again, it would be almost impossible to return to Destiny Islands now that the Emperor was attacked. Aurion barely listened to Simeon, but one thing the guy said made his eyes open wide and instantly made him focus on summoning his weapon if things whent wrong.
"Excuse me?" Aurion said, "May I ask how do you know about that?"

{Kira: Lanes Between; Rear section of Shuttle}

Kira grunted her acknowledgement of Aether's answer.

"I don't suppose it could be related to why you were really at the castle?" She asked. "And please don't play innocent. I've seen how you move and your get up. I don't even need details on why you were there. Just interested in my target."

{Simeon: Lanes Between; Shuttle Cockpit}

Simeon's grimace remained as his eyes darted around, trying to think of a way out of this. He had really stuck his foot in it this time. Seeing that his best course of action was the truth, he began to speak fast, his worlds tumbling over each other.

"When you came on board, I scanned you and your friend. Standard procedure. You have enzymes and mutagens in your biology that are indicative of those who have adapted to living in places like the Realm of Darkness. I just assumed that's where you were from. I could be totally wrong about that."

He lapsed into silence for an instant, then a thought struck him.

"Not that being from there is bad." He clarified. "I've been there a few times and parts of it are quite aesthetically pleasing. Not to mention a treasure trove of unusual anomalies vital to my..."

Trailing off, Simeon buried his face in his hands.

"Kira's gonna kill me." Came his muffled voice.

Aether sated at the other woman for a moment, protocol said that...well...it said many things, things that she didn't cared that much about, like not sharing info about targets and other important things, but at this point it seemed useless. Besides, it's not like anyone would know.

"How observant. Alright, I'll talk, but like you said, you might as well remember the face that will be coming for you should the info I'm about to tell you ever goes out to others besides ourselves, yes?" Aether said, " I work for a group, a certain organization, if you will, one who deals with not so legal stuff. Think bad stuff times ten. You have no idea how big the shadow that these so called guardians of the Light cast."

While Aether didn't really remembered anything of what she had done in the past, contracts, targets, assassinations, she was fully aware from where the requests came from, maybe not names or faces, but certainly from which side. Not that it mattered in the long term.

"We had a job at the palace, one that, I'm afraid, do not know if succeeded or not. I was supposed to get in contact with someone inside the palace, and I did," Aether said calmly, "This person was the one who said they had a strange feeling, but as it was unrelated to our mission I didn't thought it was important and the subject was dropped. After that the explosions happened and I, along with the guy over there, escaped the palace, and the rest, as they say, is history. This target of yours seems to be rather important, but so was ours so I can't judge."

"I have the feeling that she would do that without hesitation," Aurion said as he looked forwards, "but I don't see a reason for her to know about it. If you don't say anything, then I will do the same."

At this point Aurion was just going along for the ride, it wasn't like he had some place to go, not back to the Destiny Islands, that was for sure. And not back to the Dark Realm either.

"It's not like I have a home to go back to in the realm of light, but going back to the dark would be an insult to those who helped me cross over," Aurion said quietly, "whatever world you pick would be fine. I suppose that means a new life and a new beginning. Although, with the grip those guys of the light have on the worlds, it would be more of the same."

{Kira: Lanes Between; Rear section of Shuttle}

Kira was a little surprised Aether opened up as much as she did. She had guessed about the assassin's affiliation, but the last bit about her contact having a strange feeling was very interesting. There might be more to this job than she had thought.

"Know if your contact made it out of the palace before lock down?" The Gunslinger asked.

Simeon seemed to relax a little after Aurion brushed off his blabbing. Maybe this could be fixed quick and Kira didn't need to know.

"Okay." He said, focusing on the nav computer. "I think I can find a nice world to drop you off at."

He flicked through several worlds before pausing at one set of coordinates. A thought occurred to the young scientist.

"No." He thought. "I already blew it. I don't need to dig deeper. But..."

"Hey" Simeon began before turning his seat to face Aurion. "You'll be looking for a job, right?"

"That, my friend, is a good question," Aether answered, "sadly, I do not have idea of they even made it out of the palace, either alive or dead."
The young assassin was slightly worried for the woman who was her partner in crime for some strange reason, and yet, in their line of work, those kinds of attachements meant nothing, not when you would forget you ever made them in the first place.
"Which reminds me, I have to send my report at some point," Aether said while stretching, "once our ride is over, perhaps. If my partner in crime did their work, then I will get confirmation once I report back. Now I have to ask, why is your client looking for this Null-something-something? Is it so important that it was worth risking someone to infiltrate into the guard of one of the most secure places in all the worlds, just to find this person?"

Aurion was mostly lost in thought at the moment, looking through the glass at the vast void outside, how did all came to this? That was a question without a clear answer. At that moment he noticed the young man in front of him turning around to face him.
"A...job? Well, that depends. What kind of work are we talking about? " Aurion asked, a slightly confused tone in his voice, yet is face was somewhat relaxed at the moment,  "Because, let's be frank, I doubt you have any use for a delivery boy."

{Kira: Lanes Between; Shuttle aft section}

Kira nodded. Wetwork had its risks and sometimes the wrong person died. It was a shame not to talk with Aether's partner, but that bad feeling might have just been nerves. If these assassin's worked for who the gunslinger was guessing, she wanted to avoid direct involvement. It would probably be best to cut ties before Aether reported in.

Aether changing subject back to Kira's own work caused a flash of annoyance in her eyes. Dumping her on the text world seemed like a better and better idea.

"Don't know." The Gunslinger answered, poker faced. "They seem dangerous for sure, but...something tells me it's a personal reason. In the end, he didn't tell, and I didn't push."

Kira adjusted in her seat, wanting to get off the topic of her employer.

"So, any place in particular you want to be dropped off?" She asked.

A thought occurred to her then that she wish hadn't. She had made it this far by not giving a damn about random strangers and now was a bad time to start, but...

"And how forgiving is the organization you work for?" Kira asked, despite herself. "You gonna be alright if your friend bungled the job?"

Simeon thought about Aurion's observation, then waggled his hands.

"Kinda, sorta." He said. "While what I have in mind would be best done by an individual with a scientific background, it still works out to just have you do it. You see, on top of ferrying Kira around, I'm also tasked with..."

The young scientist's voice dropped off as he consider whether he should be doing this. But he had already blabbed about other things, and this wouldn't give anything away.

"Well, tasked with doing geological surveys." He continued. "I need to put one near a place called Rising Falls on Radiant Garden. All you have to do is go there and set up the device. Honestly, a delivery job if I've ever heard one. And if you are up for some traveling, I could pay you to go to other worlds to set up other devices. Or you could stay on Radient Garden. It seems to be a nice place."

"I've been to a lot of places, I've seen a lot of things that nothing really fazes me anymore. As for your other question. That is such an important question, Kira," Aether said without looking at the woman, "I wonder..."

Aether then closed her eyes and remained silent. What should she answer? The fact was that she barely remembered much about the group she worked for. True, she remembered the besic rules, but after having her memory erased many times ever since she joined she actually stopped trying to remember anything at all. Friends, foes, allies, bonds, all meaningless at the end of a job.

"The truth, dear Kira, is that I do not really know. I do not remember much about who I work for, basic procedure, really.  Return to consiousness, get a job, perform the job, report to the higher ups, report to a designated place, memory wipe, repeat. As you can see, I cannot answer your question," Aether said calmly, "If my companion didn't report back, then they probably are dead, and if I don't give signs then perhaps they will think I'm gone too. Avoid being captured at any cost, to die without leaving a corpse, nor any way for anyone to obtain information... That is the way."

"Geological surveys, you say? peculiar, but not the strangest I've heard," Aurion said, crossing his arms, " In Radiant Garden, correct?"

Aurion thought about it for a moment. Radiant Garden was a place he had heard of, but not been there personally. It was said that a wise man once lived there, a scholar of the heart.

"Well, it's not like I have any other job offerings right now," Aurion said with a little chuckle, "and if you are offering me a job, I don't see a reason to not to accept it. You have yourself a deal, Simeon."

{Kira: Lanes Between; Shuttle aft section}

"Stuck between a rock and a hard place." Kira noted as she rubbed her eyes with one hand.

All this wasn't great news. Lots of uncertainty and it wasn't actually helping complete the primary mission.

"So, what's your plan from here?" She asked, looking up at Aether. "Doesn't seem to be a lot of good options for you."

{Simeon: Lanes Between; Shuttle cockpit}

Simeon gave a relieved smile.

"Good!" He said. "It shouldn't take long and I have enough of a budget to keep you on retainer for other surveys."

Keying in the warp drive, the young scientist dialed the coordinates for Radiant Garden.

"I'll be able to drop you near the falls, but you'll have to make part of the way on foot. You'll need a scanner and communicator. Which are..."

Simeon's voice trailed off for a moment, then he sighed.

"One sec." he said as he got up from his seat and headed to the door to the aft compartment he opened it and went for a bundle of equipment as Kira glowered at him.

"That is one way to put it, yes," Aether said to Kira, "You could say that being forgotten is the fate of us nobodies.
Kira asking about her plan triggered something inside Aether. For the first time in, well, ever, she had the opportunity to choose what she wanted to do. The Silver Ravens had a need for her, a need to do their jobs, which was fine by the young assassin, but, perhaps, there was something else out there in the bigger world. Somewhere where she truly belonged to. That, or she was trying to fool herself in thinking that she could be needed by someone else.
"I dunno. If the bosses think I'm dead, then I'm free as a bird," Aether said with a smile, "Why? Would you be kind enough to hire someone with my talents, Kira?"

Aurion nodded in understandment to Simeon's words and watched him as he left. This was it. His life was going to change once more. Leaving the Realm of Darkness first, and now this. The former delivery boy wondered how his parents were doing, his family was, well, they were not rich, but there was enough to go by. It broke his heart when he chose to leave his home and his family behind, but it was for their own good, or that's what he wanted to believe, at least.
His hand slowly went up and was held in place, for a moment nothing happened, but then, in a sudden cloud of darkness, he could feel the cold touch of steel in the palm of his hand. The fabled weapon that he was now holding was the source of much discontent and corruption among the denizens of the Light. Those who wielded one, or at least a replica of one, were in places of power and wealth, while the rest were labeled as inferior. There was a reason he never used the weapon in public, better keep the fact of being a wielder a secret rather than catch the eyes of those of the Light, unless someone wished for misfortune. Aurion stared at his keyblade, Forwards unto Darkness, for what it seemed like an eternity until it disolved in a puff of dark smoke.
"Well, I guess this will be a new start then."

{Kira & Simeon: Lanes Between; Shuttle Aft Section}

Kira let Aether's question hang in the air, her demeanor carefully neutral. She seemed to be assessing the assassin again. Her gaze only broke off when Simeon came in, when she gave him a brief glower before returning her gaze to Aether. Simeon paused in his tracks as he took in the scene.

"Am I interrupting something-" he began.

"No." Kira cut him off, still watching Aether.

"Okay, I'm just gonna get-"

"Fine." The Gunslinger said.

Simeon quickly pulled out a bin from under the bench Aether was on and pulled out a disc like device before r place the bin. He then pulled a communicator from a bundle over Kira's head before scuttling back to the safety of the cockpit, closing the door behind him. Once it was closed, Kira leaned forward.

"As you can tell with how me and the kid get along, I don't usually do partners or employees." She said, her voice seeming more serious than before. "But my boss is always looking for new talent. He might like you, but you are going to need an introduction. I can give it, but you got to be sure you want it. This isn't a one and done kind of job. Once he gets his hooks into you, you're in it for life."

An odd smile crossed the Gunslinger's face.

"Not to say it can't be fun and you get plenty of other compensation, but it isn't for the faint of heart. You sure you want to jump in on another situation like that?"

Simeon entered a moment after Aurion dismissed his Keyblade, pausing for a couple of breathes after he made it into the cockpit. He wasn't sure what Kira was up to, but that was probably a good thing. He finally bucked himself up and moved to the pilot seat.

"Alright, these are all you should need." The young scientist said, handing Aurion the disc and communicator. "Just get the scanner to Rising Falls, stick it someplace out of the way and hit the button on top."

Suddenly remembering something, Simeon got out of his seat and patted his pockets. Finding what he was looking for, he pulled out a munnies pouch and pulled out about what Aurion made in 3 months at his delivery job.

"This should work as a down payment." Simeon said, handing the munnies to th former delivery boy. "I probably won't be able to get back to you for a day or so, so be sure to find someplace to stay. I'll reimburse you expenses."

He paused, looking a little worried.

"That's gonna be enough for that, right?"

Aether's eyes were staring directly at Kira's, the only moment that that was broken was when Simeon came in, and only for a quick moment.
"I can see that, don't worry. And I I would know how that feels, Kira, but I think that would be meaningless to say," Aether said without breaking eye contact, "as my memory is wiped clean after every successful job, which is why I'm still here."
This would been the first time a job was left unfinished, and probably would be considered a total failure if neither Omicron nor her returned to their designated spot. But, hey! This job couldn't be worse, right? At least she would be able to keep her memories this time, or that's what it looked like, at least.
"I wouldn't mind another job like it, it is what I'm good at," Aether said, still looking at Kira.

Aurion noticed that Simeon looked a little out of breath, and he wondered why. Maybe something was happening outside the Cockpit? They were still there so, maybe, it wasn't dangerous. The young scientist handled him a strange disc-like object and what it looked like a communicator. Apparently he just had to take the disk-like object to a place called Rising Falls, put it somewhere out of the way and hit the button to activate it. Sounded easy.
"I think I can do that," Aurion replied, "Looks easy enough."
The former delivery boy was very surprised with the amount of munny that the scientist gave him, it was a lot of munny, probably worth around 3 months of work.
"Uh, y-yeah. I think this will be more than enough for that," Aurion said, still a little surprised, "Alright, I think I understand what I have to do. Any information you can give me about this Radiant Garden world? Is it like the Destiny Islands?

{Kira: lanes Between; Shuttle aft section}

Kira leaned back with a slight smile on her face.

"We'll see." She said, sounding amused.

She brought up her left wrist and tapped out something on a screen.

"Just have to see if you can fit you in." Kira continued in a casual tone. "He prefers to do these kind of interviews himself."

The screen on her wrist flashed, causing a frown from the Gunslinger.

"Though he's apparently sitting by the phone."

Kira was silent for a few moments as she mulled over something. If the boss was this fast on the pick up, what was he expecting? She put the thought aside because that kind of speculation was nearly always fruitless. She leaned down to pull what looked like VR goggles from under her bench. She hit a few buttons on it then tossed them to Aether.

"The boss is ready for a conference call, if you just want to get this over with." The Gunslinger said. "Just put those on and hit the switch on the side to start the call."

Simeon turned to his console again and clicked through some files.

"I'm not familiar with the place myself." He admitted. "But have some detailed notes from...associates."

Finding the file he was looking for, the young scientist sped read through it for the details he needed.

"Okay, geographically, it is quite different than Destiny Islands. At least where you are going to be dropped off, there are no ocean sized bodies of water. The capital is quite large, but doesn't have the glamour of the king's court. Seems like the nobles that live here are on the quiet side. City seems nice enough, and the local government isn't actively trying to oppress people. Where you need to set up the scanner is near the capital. Yet despite this proximity, it is left deserted. It use to be the way to a dark stronghold that was destroyed years ago, but people still avoid that area."

The controls of the shuttle beeped as out the view port the swirling vortex of warp travel disappeared as the shuttle dropped into normal space. Ahead was the outline of Radiant Garden.

"Nice. This would be a change from my last boss...es?" Aether said with a faint hint of uncertainty, "At least, that's what I think."
Aether noticed Kira's silence, like she was thinking about somehting very important only to choose to move on. She then pulled out some kind of goggles from under the bench. Aether caught the device once Kira tossed them to her.
"Alright then, this should be fun," She said, sounding interested, "I've got nothing to lose."
The assassin carefully put the googles on and, as Kira had said, she pressed the button at the side of the device.

"No ocean? I dunno if I should be happy or sad," Aurion said with a small smile, "ocean in the Dark, ocean in the Light."
Aurion listened carefully to what Simeon had to say about the new world he was about to visit. The size of the capital, the nobles who, at least, were quieter than those of Destiny Islands, somewhat capable government who didn;t tried to oppress people. The spot he had to visit was near the capital, but, apparently, it was deserted because the proximity to some dark, destroyed stronghold.
"Alright, I suppose that will prove useful," Aurion said, "That way I will have some privacy while setting up the device."
Aurion was about to say something else, but the beeping of the controls of the shuttle combined with the sight of the outline of a new world surprised the ex-delivery boy.

{Kira: Lanes Between; Shuttle Aft Section}

Kira settled back as Aether put on the goggles. The sooner the boss got this lady out of her hair, the better.

{VR Conference Call}

The screen in the goggles flickered on when Aether hit the button. It was dark for a few moments before things brightened to reveal what looked to be an office. The desk was big and solidly built, with stacks of documents all over it. It wasn’t exactly messy, more giving the impressions of constant use. The walls were covered in shelves and file cabinets. In an office chair across the desk was a man. He had medium length dark hair brushed back, clean shaven, and dark blue eyes. He wore a dress shirt, a dark red vest, and a tie partially untied. He was studying a tablet for a moment before looking up. The general vibe he gave off was of an accountant trying to

“Ah.” He said, putting down the tablet and give Aether a smile. “You must be the recruit Kira messaged me about. For this process, you may call me N. The goggles you are wearing is giving me a holographic projection of your upper body, so gestures will carry over. You can also say whatever as Kira is a trusted enough associate to hear what ever you have to say.”

After this introduction, N sat back in his chair, his arms resting on the arm rests and his fingers intertwining at chin level.

“So, why don’t you start with a little about yourself?” He said politely, his blue eyes watching Aether intently.

{Simeon: Lanes Between; Shuttle cockpit}

“Excellent!” Simeon said before turning back to the control. “Let’s start with stealth systems.”

Hitting an important looking button, the young scientist engaged the shuttle’s cloaking device, causing the lights inside the shuttle to dim slightly and a barely noticeable hum to join the hum of the engines. A light turn and push on the control yoke had the vessel begin its decent into Radiant Garden’s atmosphere.

“Okay, have you got everything?” Simeon asked, sparing a few glances at Aurion. “You’ve got the scanner. You’ve got the money. You have the communicat-oh! Your communicator has a map system built in. That should help you navigate down there. Well, is there anything else?”

- Aether - Private Shuttle - VR Conference Call -

Aether was looking directly at N, listening to whatever he was saying. The googles were something that her contact, Luna, could explain to her, but she was going to get bored, probably, of all the technobabble, she could fall asleep somewhere along the way. Apparently this N anted to say something about her, which wasn't much to begin with.
"My name is Aether, 22 years old, good with stealth and reconnaissance," Aether said while waving her hand, "and other things. I suppose you already know what those things are, if the body language of your subordinate is any indication. Member, or should I say former member? of the Silver Ravens. My past is blank, no trace of who I was before being a raven. And I suppose that's me, just a nobody, another face among the crowd, as it were."

Aurion looked at everything that was handed to him, this was going to be the start of his new life, and he better made it count.
"I think that will be all, I hope," Aurion answered Simeon, "the map will prove useful for the trip. Thanks Simeon."
The young man once more looked at the scenery on the other side of the glass, a whole new world. It was time to give this new job a shot, and he was going to try his best.
"Alright. I am ready. Let's get this job done."

{VR Conference Call}

When Aether mentioned the Silver Raven's, N looked back down at his tablet, scrolling a little before apparently finding what he was looking for. He didn't look back up until the assassin was done.

"No past and no ties is good." He commented pleasantly. "They can make moving up in my organization difficult. Since it's Kira that's recommending you, I'll accept your credentials as stated. She's generally good about only sending solid applicants my way."

A sly smile played across N's lips.

"Though, when she does, it's usually because she's trying to get that person out of her hair. Tell me, in what capacity did you two meet?"

{Simeon: Radiant Garden - coming in for a landing; Shuttle cockpit}

"Awesome!" Simeon exclaimed, giving Aurion a quick smile. "Just give me a second to get us in position."

The young scientist brought the cloaked shuttle down through the early morning sky of Radiant Garden. He avoided the main city, instead heading out over the Great Maw. Up ahead was where once stood the castle used by the villains of old when this place was called Hollow Bastion. It had been long since been torn down, but areas like the Rising Falls that use to make the castle's entrance still remained. Some attempts to make it into some sort of pleasant garden had been tried, but abandoned years ago. A feeling of unease seemed to emanate from the place.

With a quick turn, Simeon had the shuttle's back hatch in position to unload Aurion.

"Alright, just find a good, safe spot to place the scanner, then just stay out of trouble until I call you next." He said brightly. "Good luck and have fun!"

In a alleyway of the Capital in Destiny Islands Alyssia a young orphan was waking up from a dream of a mysterious location that felt familiar to her. She sat on her makeshift bed, and sighed not knowing what she dreamt. She put on her clothes, and left her makeshift home in the alleyway as she enters the streets of the capital. As she walk she began to think of what to do today.

- Aether - Private Shuttle - VR Conference Call -

Aether listened to what N said, apparently no past and no ties were something good for this organization, which was not THAT surprising.
"You don't say," Aether said, "And here I thought both you and me were friends, Kira"
N then asked about how the two od them had met, making the assassin remember the events that happened before.
"I was tasked with  reconnaissance of the palace in the Destiny Islands. Apparently someone was quite angry with the emperor, angry enough to contact the ravens to deal with the poor old fool," Aether answered, "I was ordered to cause a distraction, and what a distraction that was. I suppose those who stayed at the palace would be investigated for any possible involvement in such attack."
Aether then remembered Omicron, wondering once more if she had managed to deal with the emperor and escape the palace.
"I was escaping with another, acquaintance, if you will. Kira here stopped us before reinforcements arrived and both me and Kira took care of them," Aether said calmly, "We jumped on this ship and here we are."

- Aurion - Private Shuttle - Radiant Garden -

Aurion nodded and smiled at Simeon. This was it, a new beginning. The ex delivery boy only hoped to be ready for it.
"Understood. I will find a good spot for the scanner and wait for your call," Aurion said, "See you later, Simeon."
With another nod Aurion left the cockpit, only to see Kira there, and Aether wearing some kind of googles and speaking with someone.
"I, Uh...," Aurion said nervously, "This is my stop, for now, at least. Tell Aether that-"
"I'll see you later, Auri," Aether said while waving her hand, "Sorry about that. My acquaintance is leaving. So, where were we?"
Aurion looked at Kira once more before slightly shaking his head and shrugging. He took a deep breath and left the shuttle. The air was chilly in this spot, if only because it was some distance away from the main city. On the opposite direction he could see a castle in the distance, apparently that was the place he had to go. He used the map system from the communicator to confirm that that castle was indeed the spot her had to go. After watching the map and learning of the layout of the land Aurion began his journey to the Rising Falls.

As she walk around the streets Alyssia began to feel a bit hungry that she decided to try, and steal something to eat without getting caught. As she looks at the outdoor markets she try to secretly take a apple without being caught only to get caught.

Velvet: Palace Halls

The Royal Commander began to make her rounds through the Palace. The expresion she wore simply screamed “stay out of my way” as she made her way towards the Prince’s Room. She was in search of the young lord, feeling responsible for letting such an incident occur. It was her men that failed to protect the Emperor from injury and harm. She decided it would be best to remain on high alert and protect the Prince herself, now if only she could find him.

{Disney Island: Capital}

"Oy, what's this then?" A guard demanded as he caught up Allysia's arm with the offending apple. "Looking to steal, little girl? Know what we do to thieves around here?"

He yanked the orphan girl over to a table as passer-bys scattered, not wanting to draw the ire of the guards. Two more moseyed over, chuckling nastily.

"We make sure their sticky little fingers don't bother 'em no more." The first guard said as he drew a wicked looking dagger.

He held Allysia's arm down on the table as he brought the blade in.

{VR Conference Call}

N listened to Aether's account with a look of polite interest. He frowned slightly when Kira entered the picture.

"How uncharacteristic for Kira, picking up hitchhikers." He commented, looking thoughtful.

His expression changed to one of understanding.

"Oh, of course!" N said, snapping his fingers. "You must have come in contact with Kira's target. Wanted to pump you for information, then dump you on me."

The mysterious employer studied Aether again with new interest. Something flickered in his eyes. For a fraction of a second, they were...different. It happened too fast to fully comprehend, but it left a feeling of unease.

Opening his mouth to speak, N paused as Aether said her farewells to Aurion.

"Not at all." He said with a hand wave. "We are at the point where I tell you that your application seems intriguing, but not quite enough to warrant full employment."

N quickly held up a finger.

"But, some demonstrations of your skill set will be looked upon favorably. Succeed in some tasks, and you'll prove yourself worth adding to the payroll."

{Simeon & Kira: Radiant Garden; Shuttle}

"Be safe!" Simeon called back to Aurion as the ex-delivery boy left.

Kira eyed Aurion as he passed through the aft section, not showing a reaction to his shrug. Once he was off, the Gunslinger banged the wall twice. The shuttle hatch closed as it slowly climbed for open space.

"Gonna have to have a word with the egg head to cut the boy lose." Kira thought, still looking at the closed hatch. "That kid's better off not getting in too deep with this."

{Radiant Garden; Rising Falls}

As Aurion approached the Rising Falls, he felt an odd sensation, like something in the air. It reminded him of home.

{Destiny Island; Palace}

Ahead of Velvet, a door opened up, revealing a pudgy noble in ruffled formal wear. He caught sight of her and puffed up.

"You! Guard!" He bellowed in the tones of someone who didn't even consider that he could be disobeyed. "I demand you allow me to leave at once! This is absurd holding us here. You'll find the culprit where they always spawn from! The lower classes!"

- Talus Vanhir - Destiny Island Warehouse -

"Oh please." Talus remarked at Omicron's lie, seeing right through it. "I can feel the same energy coming from you, and you can feel the same energy coming from me a mile away. I felt it at the party, I feel it now." Talus spoke, crushing the orb within his hands as it vanished into a bunch of faint void particles. "Lets play game, I ask a question, then you do." He spoke, serious. as he pushed himself off the wall. "We've got the time, no one knows we're here, and the prince, if he is just like the idiot I remember him being in the past, he's scrambling, unsure of what to do. So no search parties as of yet." Talus explained.

"My turn first, back to the question at hand." Talus spoke, raising a finger upwards as he walked closer to Omicron, letting his void energy spike so it would do the same to her, both their energies would spike in contact with one another's vicinity. Most notable by void particles appearing around him, and her, if she didn't suppress it. "Answer me, truthfuly, how did you come to posess this power?" Talus asked her.