Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
ReverofE

Unpopular Opinions About Sonic Adventure.

I find it annoying when some refer to Adventure as this end-all, be-all amazing game that set an extremely high standard in gameplay and storytelling for Sonic, when it isn't really all that great IMO.

I find it annoying when some refer to Adventure as this end-all, be-all amazing game that set an extremely high standard in gameplay and storytelling for Sonic, when it isn't really all that great IMO.

And I can completely respect that and you're definitely not the only one who thinks that in the Sonic fanbase lol.

I for one used to believe that logic as well but after going back to replay the game last year for some reason I fell in love with the game all over again. It was honestly kind of funny. Nowadays I still go back and replay some of the levels from that game.

It's true that Tails is super fun to play and Knuckles would have been fun too if he wasn't hunting for the emeralds,but Sonic is my favorite character to play as because of the spin-dash.Flying as Tails is fun sure,but it's not as satisfying

It's true that Tails is super fun to play and Knuckles would have been fun too if he wasn't hunting for the emeralds,but Sonic is my favorite character to play as because of the spin-dash.Flying as Tails is fun sure,but it's not as satisfying

I can completely understand that. I understand and still get the thrill and challenge of actually completing a level in a legitimate fashion and not having to cheese through it. And Sonic's gameplay really does give that off.

However, I still prefer Tails not only because of how he plays but mainly because this is the BEST playable version of Tails in a 3D Sonic game imo. Playing as Sonic in legit fashion is fun but I can do that in practically any other Sonic game 3D or 2D. Now Tails on the other hand only really has one good 3D Sonic that I like playing as him in.

I can completely understand that. I understand and still get the thrill and challenge of actually completing a level in a legitimate fashion and not having to cheese through it. And Sonic's gameplay really does give that off.

However, I still prefer Tails not only because of how he plays but mainly because this is the BEST playable version of Tails in a 3D Sonic game imo. Playing as Sonic in legit fashion is fun but I can do that in practically any other Sonic game 3D or 2D. Now Tails on the other hand only really has one good 3D Sonic that I like playing as him in.

Yeah it's a shame that Tails isn't fun to play as in the other 3D Sonic game,in Sonic Adventure 2 he has the mech,in Sonic Heroes all flying characters are super slow and their flying abilities are very limited and in 06 he has dummy rings and he's just kind of awkard to control.

I don't know where Sonic Team got this mentality,but in almost every 3D Sonic games they seem to think that Sonic(and Shadow) should be the only character we have fun playing as and all the other characters should be tedious or boring to play as

I don't know where Sonic Team got this mentality,but in almost every 3D Sonic games they seem to think that Sonic(and Shadow) should be the only character we have fun playing as and all the other characters should be tedious or boring to play as

This.

Also, Sonic games in general are just kinda bad and tedious, mostly just due to the story. I get that Robotnik is an evil genius villain, but why do we keep having to raise the stakes super high and make the plot more convoluted than Dragonball Z?

This.

Also, Sonic games in general are just kinda bad and tedious, mostly just due to the story. I get that Robotnik is an evil genius villain, but why do we keep having to raise the stakes super high and make the plot more convoluted than Dragonball Z?

Sigh... I bet you loved Sonic Colors then. I'm guessing mainly because the stakes seemed to not nearly be as high as the game previous with Sonic Unleashed. 

Sigh... I bet you loved Sonic Colors then. I'm guessing mainly because the stakes seemed to not nearly be as high as the game previous with Sonic Unleashed. 

I've actually never played Colors.

I've actually never played Colors.

Well then I think you might actually like Sonic Colors then. While admittedly it's not my favorite Sonic game whatsoever I do feel you might enjoy it since:

1. There are no alternative gameplay styles you just play as Sonic.

2. The story isn't extravagant, convoluted nor does it try too hard. It's just a classic Sonic vs Eggman.

3. Super Sonic can be playable during normal levels.

4. The main cast only really consists of Sonic, Tails, and Eggman. Ft. the wisps and Eggman's robot assistants.