•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

What's your favorite story-driven Game franchise, besides KH?

Games Story Video Game Day

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

What's your favorite story-driven Game franchise, besides KH?(54 members have cast votes)

1. Assassin's Creed (3 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

2. The Witcher (1 votes [1.85%])

Percentage of vote: 1.85%

3. Persona (9 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. Bioshock (4 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

5. Final Fantasy (13 votes [24.07%])

Percentage of vote: 24.07%

6. Mass Effect (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Tomb Raider (1 votes [1.85%])

8. Yakuza (1 votes [1.85%])

9. GTA (1 votes [1.85%])

10. Metal Gear Solid (3 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

11. God of War (4 votes [7.41%])

12. Uncharted (4 votes [7.41%])

13. Another one? Share below! (10 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

Vote

To vote, please sign in or register.

#1 Wan_Pisu

Wan_Pisu
  • Moderator (+)
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:55 PM

It had to be.

#2 Finn and vigor

Finn and vigor

Blacky and the Brain

• 208 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

Umm why do you think i'm even on this fan site in the first place? Lol but since I have to exclude Kingdom Hearts then i'd have to go with Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Those games honestly rival my love for KH (and I didn't know that would even be possible). But the things that make love those games are just the Characters and the overall themes surrounding the Plot and those characters which is one reason why I love Kingdom hearts as well. But I feel like AA does it best with how each individual title feels like a completely different game with it's own unique plot (even though each sequel is pretty much exactly the same gameplay-wise as the ones before it, lol.) Oh and the puns in AA, (my god the puns). 

Edited by Finn and vigor, 12 September 2017 - 06:18 PM.

#3 BlankShell

BlankShell

Amazing Cyber Sleuth

• 2,000 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:19 PM

Oh, just story-driven in general; I thought maybe you meant ones with overarching plot.

Persona, easily. Damn that series is amazing.

#4 EchoFox23*

EchoFox23*

Watching a bad dream that I can't wake up from...

• 308 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

I'm going to be a rebel... Metal Gear Solid.

Besides the fact I really suck at stealth games, I love the story for it. It's amazing. I wish I didn't get so mad/stressed about it all the time...

#5 Zeldablade7

Zeldablade7

Takepeon

• 3,948 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:09 PM

Favourite story driven game franchise? hmm, that's a trick question to me because i've played a lot of games that I like that have a good story. I guess it's either the infinite visual novel series, the tales of series, or the phoenix wright series is the best answer here. 

Edited by Zeldablade7, 12 September 2017 - 07:10 PM.

#6 XionRoxasSora

XionRoxasSora
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

Other than Kingdom Hearts the best and most intriguing story for a game would probably be either The Last of Us or Horizon Zero Dawn for me which will both most likely turn into franchises especially with the last of us 2 coming out soon. :) Speaking of the last of us I am actually replaying that right now so yeah!

horizon-zero-dawn-20160618-003.gifgiphy.gif

it's just too good man. 

Honestly, I am pretty sure these are franchises. If not Oops! 

Edited by XionRoxasSora, 12 September 2017 - 07:18 PM.

#7 DaOwlCat

DaOwlCat

"edgy teen whos into memes"

• 111 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:27 PM

The Half-Life and Portal series. 

*obligatory HL3 joke here*

#8 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Guardian Of Light!"

• 11,830 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

Besides Kingdom Hearts, I'd have to say that my favorite story driven game franchise has to be Final Fantasy! This franchise has some high caliber, quality storytelling and excellent world building and character development, not to mention great heroes and villains! Final Fantasy IV and IX are godly exemplary samples that I recommend to anyone who wants to get into the series! Sure, X and XV are amazing, and the XIII games are good as well, but IV and IX for me are absolute! :3

The Tales franchise is also another one that I love, because the stories those games tell are like literally watching a really good anime, which is ironic, since the art style of the games is literally an anime style!

#9 Mykaila Shakespeare

Mykaila Shakespeare

MNS-Prime-21

• 147 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

Given the options, I would say Final Fantasy. Particularly XV for now. I haven't played most of em yet, so saying XV would be unfair. Although, I have grown up invested in VII (cannot wait for the Remake). I am trying to play X and I have interest in IX. I always find this series fascinating for their unique different stories and how foreign they all look.

But if I have a legit favorite, it's hard to say because I did find Kingdom Hearts the best one xD Unless you don't mind me saying Transformers games like war for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron. I love to see what their world is like, despite being in a war zone. I am hoping Transformers Devastation gets a sequel. I thought the history in this story was interesting. I would love to explore their history for that universe.

#10 kingdomfan13

kingdomfan13
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:37 AM

Woah that is hard. I love Persona, Final Fantasy. God of War and Uncharted, but I'm gonna have to go with Metal Gear Solid even if it is a bit ridiculous at times

#11 Komali

Komali
  • 776 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

Assassins Creeds story is just incredible, it's a shame it got a bit worse since Assassins Creed 3 but it still remains interesting. I can't wait how it continues in Assassins Creed Origins. Always loved the atmosphere and the scifi elements.

#12 SoraDaxjer28

SoraDaxjer28
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:11 AM

The "'LEGO Island'" Series Has Always Been My Favorite Video Game Series Outside OF "'Kingdom Hearts'"!!

My Favorite Game In That Series Is "'LEGO Island 2:  The Brickster's Revenge'"!!

Lego Island 2 - Fishing.jpg

Donald Duck & 'Enchantress'.jpg

#13 ajddavid452

ajddavid452

the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)lord of KH13

• 73 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

my second favourite story-driven franchise is a tie between final fantasy and persona

Edited by ajddavid452, 13 September 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#14 Chozé Freedom Svoboda

Chozé Freedom Svoboda

May our hearts be our guiding key!

• 332 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

The Last of Us and Deus Ex :) :D

#15 Mark Cummings

Mark Cummings
  • 181 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

2. Batman Arkham, 3. Metal Gear Solid, 4. Mass Effect and, 5. Uncharted.  These round out my top five franchises.  

#16 Movies798

Movies798

Mystic of the Night

• 1,615 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:12 AM

Final Fantasy series and The Legend of Zelda series. Can I include The Legend of Dragoon? The game doesn't have any sequel, prequels or a remaster/remake but damn Legend of Dragoon is a pretty damn good story driven game.

#17 KHfan4

KHfan4

Master Of Faster

• 129 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

JAK AND DAXTER

Edited by KHfan4, 10 November 2017 - 07:54 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Games, Story, Video Game Day