So i've been gone for ... X amount of time. Regardles i've come to you all with something a bit different or it is in my perspective. I bring you: The awakening of Rhun (for lack of a better title). Now before i delve into it a bit of housekeeping. First of all this entire generalized plot is based on a campaign i had in medieval 2 total war third age devide and conquer submod, so i reccomend you check it out, if you're interested in total war and/or lord of the rings. Second, while this is a RP, try to stick as close to LOTR lore as possible, whilst it is a fantasy universe some things are simply physical ... A dwarf for example cannot run as fast as a human (despite what tolkien wrote) due to their legs being physically shorter, an elf with X years of experience is more than likely superior to a human with less. You are not heroes in a story and deaths are completely possible should you get into a situation where that may be so. Finally, this takes place some 4 years before the begining of the movies so expect to find places like Esgaroth, Dale, Erebor etc, rebuilt.
Without further ado I present to you the setting:
"In the final years of the third age middle earth stood at the brink of destruction. Sauron's armies march in a bloody tide from the black gates of mordor, the goblins of the misty mountains are ever more agressive and the east ... the golden dragon of rhune raises it's banners threatning to drive Rohvanion to it's knees.The strenght of the elves dwindles ..."
"But even in the darkest of hours... The is still hope. And in these dark times, the mission of us all is to ensure that the dark lord does not claim middle earth."
"A hope shines from the east, forth from Dorwinion it springs! Renewed is the hope that was rekindled, to challange the lord of the rings! Rise men, dwarf and elf, raise your swords, axes and bows! The time has come to fell the evil foes. Smoke rises from the south, in Harad, Khand and Umbar it burns! The free people of middle earth, shall witness how the tide turns! So have heart, have sword and have hope, you are not alone in this fight. Renewed is the alliance of old, to shatter the dark lord's might!"
In the east land of Dorwinion along the western edge of the sea of Rhun, a blossoming kingdom of wine grows and prospers. For years it has had no significance in the world and was spared from the wrath of Smaug, Sauron and the east. But times change, the immortal lord of the esterlings has began achieving greater feats of wealth than erebor of old. A vast host of soldiers carrying the banner of Sauron begin to expand their grip into the fertile lands of Dorwinion and yet the small kingdom has held without conflict thus far. Letters have been sent all across middle earth by a man named Pallando asking that recipients attend council within the village of Carvarad near the borders of Dorwinion.
Alrighty that's the gist of the setting. Now the rules... Which are standard but i'll list them anyway.
1. No controling other characters.
2. No god-moding.
3. Respect your fellow RPers.
4. Three lines is a minimum. (one i hope will always be exceeded)
5. Be as literate as possible. Quotation marks, dots, exclamation marks, full words etcetera.
6. Remain true to your character. Do not write the backstory of an edgelord and proceed to be a merrymaker.
7. Remain true to the lore of middle earth for the most part. Elves are elves and should act as such, there are no other Istari other than the five we were told in lore ... anyone who would make a wizzard character might aswell be instantly rejected.
8. Rings of power and lesser rings of magic exist however none of you posess ANY of them.
9. You are not the son/daughter/brother/whatever of elrond/glorfindel/aragorn/whatever ... Relations with canon characters should be limited. (knowing for example elrond is acceptable but no friendship/blood relations)
10. No ERP ... Keep it away from the story. If you mist do it via PMs.
11. To prove you have read the rules write "Leithio I phillin!" at the end of your application sheet.
Name: (Do not have a human with an elven name bla bla bla.)
Age: (realistic to your race)
Gender: (if female remember that it is still somewhat middle ages esque so bare in mind social positions and such.)
Race: Dwarf/Human/Elf/Halfling (note: elf and dwarf RPers should know elvish and dwarvish to an extent)
Age: (DO NOT go below 18. This is not anime)
Residence/place of origin: (must be known)
Personality: (No elves loving dwarves or the other way around ... they hate eachother after the killing instigated by the dwarves in the first age.)
Backstory: (try writing at least a few lines ... 5 minimum)
Reason why you were invited to the council: (note: this is required for each player. Similar to how Elrond called the dwarves who were in Imladris in the lord of the rings (aka they were passing by to see what happened to Balin's expedition) ... Make a logical reason why your character would be there.)
Weapon: (nothing enchanted or whatnot. Stay true to the culture you originate from.)
Special skills: (be realistic. an elf is unlikely to be a master at navigating tunnels)
Theme song: (optional)