Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

What should I do to prepare for the storyline of FF15

I've seen some gameplay of FF15 today and I'm now once again interested in the series again so I'm gonna try out Final Fantasy 15. Is there anything I should do before playing the game to keep up with the story? 

Also, is it okay for me to go straight into the game without having to play other games in the series? 

Edited by Zeldablade7

I haven't been up to date with all of the DLC (even though I recently purchased a Season Pass) or games but I watched the movie and anime first before the game and it helps. The movie builds the world and some characters more while the anime builds the main cast's back stories... even though they changed one of them in the game. But if you don't really want to sit through all that, it's possible to skip it all. You'll most likely care less about a few characters but it's not all that bad.

In the end, it helps to watch at least the movie (which is really good, better than Advent Children) however if you want to dive in that's completely fine too ^-^

I haven't been up to date with all of the DLC (even though I recently purchased a Season Pass) or games but I watched the movie and anime first before the game and it helps. The movie builds the world and some characters more while the anime builds the main cast's back stories... even though they changed one of them in the game. But if you don't really want to sit through all that, it's possible to skip it all. You'll most likely care less about a few characters but it's not all that bad.

In the end, it helps to watch at least the movie (which is really good, better than Advent Children) however if you want to dive in that's completely fine too ^-^

is watching the movie okay with a player that barely has any experience with the final fantasy series as a whole? 

Edited by Zeldablade7

is watching the movie okay with a player that barely has any experience with the final fantasy series as a whole?

It is. The movie is part of the XV universe, it doesn't have anything to do with past games. It just helps to give some back story to a conflict within the FF XV game. Same with the Brotherhood anime, it just helps to give some background for the main characters.

It is. The movie is part of the XV universe, it doesn't have anything to do with past games. It just helps to give some back story to a conflict within the FF XV game. Same with the Brotherhood anime, it just helps to give some background for the main characters.

Okay, I'll watch the movie and the anime before getting into the game then 

Watch the movie, definitely, it contextualizes a lot of events (even if it "spoils" events that occur directly after FFXV's first chapter). Makes you appreciate a lot of the characters that aren't the main quartet.

All Final Fantasy entries are separate from each other, except for ones that have sequels, such as X and XIII, which have X-2 and XIII-2, respectively. The only things that carry over from other Final Fantasies into different entries are some of the creatures or character and weapon names, ya know?

As for what you have to do before playing FFXV, well, you can just dive into the game if you want, but if you watch Kingsglaive and Brotherhood, you'll get a deeper appreciation for the game's universe. And well, apparently the DLC for the game has additional story bits that fit into the overall story of the game. You can still play the game without having to do that, but it's your choice, ya know?

I've seen some gameplay of FF15 today and I'm now once again interested in the series again so I'm gonna try out Final Fantasy 15. Is there anything I should do before playing the game to keep up with the story? 

Also, is it okay for me to go straight into the game without having to play other games in the series? 

Sadly no

To get a context on WTF is going on with a lot of plot points in 15 you need to:

Watch Kingsglaive

Watch the Brotherhood anime OVAs

and also a novella that was released within the release frame of the game

And even then,the story itself is an incomplete mess with lots of cut story content and some DLCs you might need buying like Episode Prompto

And most importantly:Prepare to be disappointed 

Sadly no

To get a context on WTF is going on with a lot of plot points in 15 you need to:

Watch Kingsglaive

Watch the Brotherhood anime OVAs

and also a novella that was released within the release frame of the game

And even then,the story itself is an incomplete mess with lots of cut story content and some DLCs you might need buying like Episode Prompto

And most importantly:Prepare to be disappointed 

this is not true

all the expanded content of FF15 adds nothing of value

the brotherhood anime is free and decent, might aswell watch that, but they don't have anything important to say. In fact they make it seem like the story is something different entirely