Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

how the storyline structure of Life is Strange and Steinsgate are essentially the same

Even though Life is Strange and Steinslgate are two different games, they have a storyline mechanic that is laid out almost Identically. I will explain it right now:

There will be spoilers for both games in the thread. You have been warned 

1. Mayuri's death and the tornado near Arcadia bay:

Both main characters of both games had to go back in time to before they used their time reversing element. In Steins;gate, Okabe had to back to the time before he sent the first D-mail in the future in order to prevent Mayuri's death. In the game and in the anime, they called this the timeline convergence theory or something along those lines. Similarly,  in Life is Strange, Max had to reserve time to before she saved she best friend, Chloe Price save Arcadia bay. No matter what different actions she toke on the fifth episode to prevent the tornado from appearing, the tornado still appeared. In other words, you can say that's the timeline convergence for the Life is Strange series. 

What do you guys think about this? 

Edited by Zeldablade7

i never played Steins Gate but i just wanted to say the title was cut off on the "Recent Threads" tab and that typo in the title made me this this was going to be a thread about comparing the storylines structures of Life is Strange and Seinfeld.

on topic, i guess it's not too crazy to find some time travel plots that follow similar story threads. haven't played the prequel game that just came out so idk if time travel even plays into that story or not. 

i never played Steins Gate but i just wanted to say the title was cut off on the "Recent Threads" tab and that typo in the title made me this this was going to be a thread about comparing the storylines structures of Life is Strange and Seinfeld.

on topic, i guess it's not too crazy to find some time travel plots that follow similar story threads. haven't played the prequel game that just came out so idk if time travel even plays into that story or not. 

my bad. I put the spoilers in the spoilers tab since you haven't played for watched the anime for Steins;gate 

my bad. I put the spoilers in the spoilers tab since you haven't played for watched the anime for Steins;gate 

naaaah it's fine. it's been on my "Games to Play" list for a good while, and i even bought it while it was on sale. at this point if i haven't played it yet it's probably not happening so no worries about the spoilers.