Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Wan_Pisu

Who else would you like to see make a surprise appearance in KH Union X?

Who else would you like to see make a surprise appearance in KH Union X?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who else would you like to see make a surprise appearance in KH Union X?

• Yen Sid
    • Luxord's Somebody
    • Mickey
    • Larxene's Somebody
    • Master Xehanort
    • Sora's parents
    • Demyx's Somebody
    • Merlin
    • Enough of this, please
    • Someone else? Share below!

NO ONE! I am so done with them trying to tie it in to the main series. I know they want people to play it, but i really dont want to have to play an app that is 97% filler to understand the story of KH3.

I have no opinion on this. Whatever Nomura envisions the story to be, I accept it.

KHUχ is part of the story just like any other KH title and it's a fact. What we've seen so far is literally just the intro of Union χ. Notice the game logo appears after the end of Quest 730. This is just the beginning. Of course there're gonna be questions.

MAYBE somehow Young Xehanort via time travel and him being related to Union X. So maybe that or none. I think that is enough. It'll be better to see Demyx's, Larxene's and Luxord's somebodies in KH3.

I wrote "enough of this, please", but I meant these polls.

So far I haven't minded the surprise appearances; they're filling in heretofore unknown pasts of characters that people were hoping to get backstories for anyway, so I don't see the problem.

I have no opinion on this. Whatever Nomura envisions the story to be, I accept it.

KHUχ is part of the story just like any other KH title and it's a fact. What we've seen so far is literally just the intro of Union χ. Notice the game logo appears after the end of Quest 730. This is just the beginning. Of course there're gonna be questions.

The problem is not that it's part of the story but how certain elements will be implemented. They put a lot of restrictions on time traveling to prevent more problems than there already are when it comes to that topic and now characters from the present appear in a game that is set hundreds and thousands of years in the past? The explanation for that has to be very precise and needs to fit the rest of the story to be plausible. It can cause a lot of problems in the future in terms of coherence for example if it isn't done properly.

Quite frankly, I don't think fans need to accept everything blindly just because Nomura envisions it, especially if things are made exceptionally difficult without needing it to be that way. Or if every possible stereotype needs to be implemented. Time travel hardly ever works out well because there are too many issues. Then there's the issue with the psychological impact of basically losing an entire life and possibly being transported into an entirely different time with no recollection of what has happened. The whole unexplained thing with the two sides of Union Cross and sleeping worlds, the possibility of reincarnation, and so on and so forth.

I don't think you can blame people for disliking concepts which are renowned for being problematic in other franchises.

Questions aren't the problem. They are actually fascinating. What I have major issues with is how slowly it progresses. You said it yourself, after quest 730, it is still just the beginning. I wouldn't even mind that if the story actually progresses every two weeks. But there are just so many filler quests that it is getting annoying.

I don't really want any more appearances. Nomura said that he wants to wrap up the stories of most of the characters in KH3. That's hard to do when some of the characters backstories are missing, especially when it's a crucial element to the overall plot. Since Union Cross likely will not be finished until then, it shouldn't use too many characters from the present or otherwise it wouldn't really be an end to their stories... And there would be no relevance to have all of that happen that far back if everyone is going to reappear anyway.

The problem is not that it's part of the story but how certain elements will be implemented. They put a lot of restrictions on time traveling to prevent more problems than there already are when it comes to that topic and now characters from the present appear in a game that is set hundreds and thousands of years in the past? The explanation for that has to be very precise and needs to fit the rest of the story to be plausible. It can cause a lot of problems in the future in terms of coherence for example if it isn't done properly.

Quite frankly, I don't think fans need to accept everything blindly just because Nomura envisions it, especially if things are made exceptionally difficult without needing it to be that way. Or if every possible stereotype needs to be implemented. Time travel hardly ever works out well because there are too many issues. Then there's the issue with the psychological impact of basically losing an entire life and possibly being transported into an entirely different time with no recollection of what has happened. The whole unexplained thing with the two sides of Union Cross and sleeping worlds, the possibility of reincarnation, and so on and so forth.

I don't think you can blame people for disliking concepts which are renowned for being problematic in other franchises.

Questions aren't the problem. They are actually fascinating. What I have major issues with is how slowly it progresses. You said it yourself, after quest 730, it is still just the beginning. I wouldn't even mind that if the story actually progresses every two weeks. But there are just so many filler quests that it is getting annoying.

I don't really want any more appearances. Nomura said that he wants to wrap up the stories of most of the characters in KH3. That's hard to do when some of the characters backstories are missing, especially when it's a crucial element to the overall plot. Since Union Cross likely will not be finished until then, it shouldn't use too many characters from the present or otherwise it wouldn't really be an end to their stories... And there would be no relevance to have all of that happen that far back if everyone is going to reappear anyway.

We don't talk about the logic of time travel in fiction because time travel is technically impossible. When I mean time travel, I know time travel by utilising time dilation (by strong gravitational force or by travelling at close to the speed of light and such) is possible. However, in fiction like in KH, time travel is in the form of transporting yourself from one point in time to another point in an instant. That causes a lot of problems with cause and effect as well as other problems. Therefore, no point in using the argument that time travel is problematic in fiction. It's fiction, after all.

As for the explanation of how people like Ventus and Lauriam existing from the "age of fairy tales" until the present time, the means of time travel is just your assumption. It doesn't necessarily have to be time travel. There are ways to make someone retain their physical appearance for a long period of time, in fiction.

Union Cross is still unexplained. The relation of Sleeping Worlds to this is just a theory. Reincarnation is never implied in KH (other than people reincarnating as Nobodies and vice versa) so it'a also a theory, albeit an unlikely one (though I'm not dismissing the possibility). These are no concepts, just plain theories made by fans. Even if they are, I don't really seem them as renowned for being problematic in other franchises majorly (excluding time travel, refer to my above explanation).

I don't think this is "made exceptionally difficult without need it to be that way." In fact, I don't find any of this as being difficult at all. There are questions of hows and whys, but they are in no way "difficult". This is not about accepting things blindly. This is accepting the flow of the story. There's also no stereotype. We are completely oblivious to Ventus and Lauriam/Marluxia's past. I don't see any problem with them popping up here. There's no incoherence or any retcon.

You seem to be misunderstood. This is the beginning of Union χ. Unchained χ has either ended or approaching its end. Quest 661 is the first quest after the transition to Union χ (in the JP ver). In between Quest 661 and Quest 730, there are different types of quests. From what I observed in the JP ver since the transition, quests that are released either by 5 or 10 quests each time are quests in Daybreak Town (not necessarily relating to Union Cross directly); and quests that are released by 15 quests each time are quests visiting other worlds.

Since Union χ, there are a total of 40 Daybreak Town quests and 30 outer world quests (only two outer worlds so far). And mind you, if you're saying quests about other worlds are fillers, you might as well say the same to all the other KH games.

You're contradicting yourself. You said you don't want any more appearances and yet you also said that Nomura wants to wrap up the stories of most of the characters in KH3 but it's hard to do when some of the characters' backstories are missing. How do you wrap up the stories when the backstories are missing? That's exactly your point, right? Then why complain about the appearances of existing characters in KHUχ? The backstories are why they're here. Like I said before, we don't know anything about Ventus and Lauriam/Marluxia's past.

How do you know Union χ will not be finished by the release of KH3? Another assumption. I'm not saying that we should have many characters or even everyone to appear in KHUχ. That makes no sense. What has happened so far, is coherent. So I expect coherence in the future no matter whether another person appears again or not. I don't mind.

This whole thing is just a stereotypical hate on mobile games. It has nothing to do with all of your irrelevant arguments. It's a mobile game; you don't play the game or watch the playthrough consistently; some existing character appears and you guys make a big fuss out of it by saying "no more, please." That's why you're giving all of these excuses.

We don't talk about the logic of time travel in fiction because time travel is technically impossible. When I mean time travel, I know time travel by utilising time dilation (by strong gravitational force or by travelling at close to the speed of light and such) is possible. However, in fiction like in KH, time travel is in the form of transporting yourself from one point in time to another point in an instant. That causes a lot of problems with cause and effect as well as other problems. Therefore, no point in using the argument that time travel is problematic in fiction. It's fiction, after all.

As for the explanation of how people like Ventus and Lauriam existing from the "age of fairy tales" until the present time, the means of time travel is just your assumption. It doesn't necessarily have to be time travel. There are ways to make someone retain their physical appearance for a long period of time, in fiction.

Union Cross is still unexplained. The relation of Sleeping Worlds to this is just a theory. Reincarnation is never implied in KH (other than people reincarnating as Nobodies and vice versa) so it'a also a theory, albeit an unlikely one (though I'm not dismissing the possibility). These are no concepts, just plain theories made by fans. Even if they are, I don't really seem them as renowned for being problematic in other franchises majorly (excluding time travel, refer to my above explanation).

I don't think this is "made exceptionally difficult without need it to be that way." In fact, I don't find any of this as being difficult at all. There are questions of hows and whys, but they are in no way "difficult". This is not about accepting things blindly. This is accepting the flow of the story. There's also no stereotype. We are completely oblivious to Ventus and Lauriam/Marluxia's past. I don't see any problem with them popping up here. There's no incoherence or any retcon.

You seem to be misunderstood. This is the beginning of Union χ. Unchained χ has either ended or approaching its end. Quest 661 is the first quest after the transition to Union χ (in the JP ver). In between Quest 661 and Quest 730, there are different types of quests. From what I observed in the JP ver since the transition, quests that are released either by 5 or 10 quests each time are quests in Daybreak Town (not necessarily relating to Union Cross directly); and quests that are released by 15 quests each time are quests visiting other worlds.

Since Union χ, there are a total of 40 Daybreak Town quests and 30 outer world quests (only two outer worlds so far). And mind you, if you're saying quests about other worlds are fillers, you might as well say the same to all the other KH games.

You're contradicting yourself. You said you don't want any more appearances and yet you also said that Nomura wants to wrap up the stories of most of the characters in KH3 but it's hard to do when some of the characters' backstories are missing. How do you wrap up the stories when the backstories are missing? That's exactly your point, right? Then why complain about the appearances of existing characters in KHUχ? The backstories are why they're here. Like I said before, we don't know anything about Ventus and Lauriam/Marluxia's past.

How do you know Union χ will not be finished by the release of KH3? Another assumption. I'm not saying that we should have many characters or even everyone to appear in KHUχ. That makes no sense. What has happened so far, is coherent. So I expect coherence in the future no matter whether another person appears again or not. I don't mind.

This whole thing is just a stereotypical hate on mobile games. It has nothing to do with all of your irrelevant arguments. It's a mobile game; you don't play the game or watch the playthrough consistently; some existing character appears and you guys make a big fuss out of it by saying "no more, please." That's why you're giving all of these excuses.

There's a difference between logic in fiction and our world's logic, I'm aware of that, but what I am referring to as problematic is when fiction defies the logic established by its own world. Time travel is such a device which is often implemented, which is fine, but then continues to break the rules of the fictional world it is used with. Problems with coherence are only the beginning there. When I talk about logic, I don't mean our logic at all. Same as when I talk about people when referring to characters, I don't think about them as existing humans. I've studied literature enough to make that distinction at least. You basically also assumed that I did compare our world's logic to a fictional setting, which I did not.

Assumptions and theories are what allow us to interprete and analyze certain aspects because we are unable to see every minor little detail. I'm not saying my assumptions are true, indicated by words such as "likely" and "possibility", so I don't see why this should be bad. You can like what you want but assuming people are generally hating on mobile games just because they point out what they think to be flaws is doing the exact same thing you criticize. I am not hating on mobile games. In fact, I play Union Cross in both the Japanese and English version, I have from the very beginning, and rather intensively as well, but some quests are basically fillers. Side quests, so to speak. And saying that does not make the other KH games fillers. But seeing more or less the same story we already know play out again is redundant.

Another point is that I assume it won't be finished when KH3 comes out. The reason for that is pacing and how things have been so far. It's been almost 1 1/2 years and we get a story update about every two to three weeks. And no matter how much you try to tell me Union Cross is separated as season two, it is still Chi in its original and became Union Cross for global before we even reached the Japanese point in the narrative. Nomura even said it was basically season two, not another game. Season 1 did not give us many answers. Which is fine. But it took them almost a year to do exactly that. If KH comes out 2018, that'll be 1 year and 4 months left to give us some answers. Not every answer, but some. That would be terrible pacing in my opinion. That's like spending half a book on introduction and then rushing the main part and ending into the last pages. Which is what 3D did.

As for me contradicting myself: I'm not. I don't want more characters from the present in Union Cross because Nomura said he would wrap up the stories. KH3 already has a lot of questions to solve without treading into Union Cross territory. And quite frankly, you don't need every character's back story to wrap up the existing plot elements from the console games. Not every character needs a tragic past or connections to something existing in the past to make KH a compelling story. Why can't characters just have a more or less eventless, irrelevant to the plot, upbringing? That's why I don't need more characters in Union Cross from the present. For example, I don't need Xehanort to have a tragic past which somehow explains everything. I'm fine with him just wanting to leave the island and then do everything because he wants to, not because some stereotypical disaster befell him.

It's not contradicting at all.

Also, I know these are just assumptions. But that's what keeps the community alive. Theorizing how things can work when they apparently don't and then figuring out how Nomura planned it. I am not saying that it will be incoherent, just that there is a danger of contradicting itself.

I'm not saying I don't like difficult concepts, I just don't like them when they make things more complicated than necessary. From my perspective right now, just an opinion, time travel was not necessary. Of course KH3 can prove me wrong because it is indeed needed, but 3D made me think that Xehanort could use other vessels and Young Xehanort did not necessarily need to appear. It could always have been existing people, recompleted characters and so on.

That is, however, just how I see it now until we know more. Nothing more and nothing less.

See, you complain about stereotypical hate on mobile games without even knowing that I play it daily. You're doing exactly what you complain about. My "irrelevant arguments" are not so irrelevant if you don't assume I have no idea about everything. I don't treat assumptions as a bad thing and I clearly indicated that some of my arguments were based on assumptions until we know more. Trying to denounce every argument of mine did not work because they are partly based on your own assumptions and opinions.

I agree to disagree here. I don't want to continue an argument which doesn't essentially belong here and you can rest assured that I know enough about KH to understand the majority of it, excluding factors which have yet to be explained.

Edited by Merilly

While Lauriam being from the X timeline is something that really surprised me and just made me smile, I'd appreciate that any other characters that appear are characters exclusive to X, like the Foretellers! I mean, if it's another familiar character, I won't be mad, but let's have some equal ground for known and unknown characters, ya know?