Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

nomura could have easily set up KH3 by relying on the fact that destroying a person's Heartless and Nobody brings them back. Sora destroyed Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody in KH1 and KH2, so the obvious move would have been to just bring back Xehanort as a whole person for KH3 and have him finished off for good there. 

idk why he thought introducing time travel would be a good idea as it only really complicates things. it seems as though he really only wrote it in just to serve as a means to an end where we get 13 Xehanorts. the rules of KH time travel all seem to exist specifically to serve someone only if they had the intention of collection multiple versions of themselves for some reason. i guess he tried to not have time travel break the series by writing very specific rules.

it was a dumb move and i just hope it doesn't return in KH3. 

idk why he thought introducing time travel would be a good idea as it only really complicates things. it seems as though he really only wrote it in just to serve as a means to an end where we get 13 Xehanorts. the rules of KH time travel all seem to exist specifically to serve someone only if they had the intention of collection multiple versions of themselves for some reason. i guess he tried to not have time travel break the series by writing very specific rules.

I think this is sort of it; why on earth it's actually called "time travel" is beyond me, and only seems to be in service to a really convoluted set of rules, but functionally it's "use magic to make Xehanorts". It's not like they're traveling into the past, it's just the plot reason to bring back older villain characters. It's just unfortunate that time travel has a certain negative stigma in certain sci-fi/fantasy circles, and even more unfortunate that they felt the need to explain it at all.

I think this is sort of it; why on earth it's actually called "time travel" is beyond me, and only seems to be in service to a really convoluted set of rules, but functionally it's "use magic to make Xehanorts". It's not like they're traveling into the past, it's just the plot reason to bring back older villain characters. It's just unfortunate that time travel has a certain negative stigma in certain sci-fi/fantasy circles, and even more unfortunate that they felt the need to explain it at all.

to call it time travel would be an offense really its basically a form of deus ex machina so nomura can have 13 Xehanorts it was dumb and so specific that anyone could see that it was just made to push the story in this direction hopefully he dosent pull something like that again

Tell that to everyone who uses time travel in their stories. Then again I should be one of them, since I'm adding it to my novels, but to distinct restrictions to each character that has the power/ability/"magic," since I want my characters to be exclusive to what any other character of mine that doesn't have, Anyways, it is what it is. It was confusing at first, but it's like that Harry Potter movie where it involved time travel and you can cause a weird paradox of seeing yourself in the same timeline, but making a different timeline, but it eventually ends up coming to one to the end. Yeah, time travel is the most over powered ability-well, time abilities in general, but it is the most confusing one of all. Still, still...it is what it is.

Honestly, the whole time travel aspect that was introduced in Dream Drop Distance really doesn't bother me all that much! It gives us a good enough excuse to see the return of previous villains for an end all showdown! It makes Xehanort that much more of a man who literally is ten steps ahead of everyone!

And well, now that Xehanort's plan was set in place, I don't think we'll touch on time travel all that much, since we'll know that any black coated individuals we see will be Xehanort's True Organization, and therefore, I'm sure that only a brief explanation will be given, just to refresh the minds of fans, ya know? I'm sure that Kingdom Hearts III won't be affected, ya know?

Edited by The Transcendent Key

And it's not even time-travel in general (the Timeless River one in KH2, by contrast, was simple and enjoyable); just MX's cheap, convoluted, "bad fanfiction"-tier version.

Edited by Alan Smithee