Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Azure Flame

Roleplay Beacon: Before the Fall

Raevus bounded through the trees, still no one or nothing in sight. That was, until he heard a screech from above — Melody's voice — and she was in lieu to a crash landing!

Raevus yelled "Melody!" temporarily giving up his objective and leaping towards her. He fretted about her condition, and his head drew all sorts of negative scenarios.

"Ra..."

As Raevus leapt through the trees, an earth-shaking tremor rocked the landscape, causing him to slip and lose his balance. Pain shot through his elbow once he landed, like a coursing needle.

"...The Grimm are born from fear."

Raevus clenched his fist, and tried to rebound from the shock. But the tremor grew. Closer and closer...

"The closer you get to the light..."

Raevus witnessed the ground explode, and from it, a King Taijitu Grimm monster began to emerge. Raevus ran from it, in a fleeting decision. This test that Director Ozpin gave... What kind of insane thing was this?

"...The greater your shadow becomes."

Raevus ran towards the summit of a mountain in the forests' clearing, turning back to see the Grimm erect, as large as Beacon's tower. A sweat bead trickled slowly down his temple. Clenching his teeth, he clung to a thought. His grandmother's words.

"But don't be afraid."

Raevus drew his sword from his back, flipping it as he often saw his father do. He held it straight to his forearm, with the strength and focused look of his mother. Raevus' heart pounded, thudding immensely, but he'd no longer look back. This was his first test, the test to prove himself to his family, and to the school. Blood rushed, pumping through his veins.

The blood of a Krysse.

"You ready?" Raevus shouted to the beast. "Well come on!" The Grimm hissed in response, a trembling shriek, as both man and Grimm lunged towards each other.

Edited by Clouded Sun

Onyx heard screaming as students fell. Some managed to stick their landed. Other screams were cut uncomfortably short. He hoped that he didn't encounter a hunter pancake anytime soon. "Right. The ruins shouldn't be that far. I mean, how long can this forest run? Have they had students not return or get lost? Man, I should've asked before being launched across the air." Onyx hummed. He heard the shifting of leaves, gasping as he got into stance. However, it wasn't a grim...it was a student. Traveling from branch to branch, heading the same direction towards the ruins. "Hey!" Onyx called, running after them in hopes of catching up. "Hey! Wait up! You're the first person I've met since landing! Which means we should be partners! Wait for me!" Onyx called, running as fast as he could. However, just as he thought he could catch up, he heard the rustling of bushes. He paused, looking around. "Um...hello?" Onyx asked, looking around. Soon, growling followed. Beowolves. They stepped out of the shadows of the forests, suddenly surrounding Onyx. Crap, had he stepped into their nesting ground? "Oh dear." Onyx hummed, looking around. "It seems I've walked straight into your house, right? Now now, we don't have to settle this violently! How about I leave and we can forget this ever happened?" Onyx suggested playfully. Suddenly a Beowolf charged from behind. It jumped into the air, aiming to tackle Onyx down. Onyx smirked. Suddenly, he extended his arm, his aura surging before transforming itself into a large weapon. Before the Beowolf could've done anything, a large blade slashed it across in midair, slashing it in half. The Beowolf body pieces fell, each on both sides of Onyx as they began to slowly disappear into nothing. The other Beowolves growled loudly, agitated. Onyx spun his newly formed scythe, pointing it at one of the Beowolves. "I did offer an alternative." Onyx hummed, his smile never wavering. The Beowolves howled, charging straight at him, all at once. Onyx ran up to one of the Beowolves, slamming his scythe right on it's head, pushing himself with the scythe to jump over the Beowolf. He spun his body, forcing himself to land behind it, pulling the scythe and Beowolf with him, before swinging the scythe, sending the body flying off the scythe and into the path of upcoming Beowolves, knocking them down. He spun his scythe upwards from where he stood, not a second after, slashing a Beowolf upwards into the sky. He proceeded to morph his scythe, losing it's stiff qualities and blade to transform it into a whip, wrapping itself around the Beowolf. He pulled on it, slamming the Beowolf against the ground, before swinging it around himself, sending the Beowolf flying as he used its body as collateral, smacking against the other Beowolves. He brought it back, slamming it into the ground with enough force for it to bounce against it. Instantly, he morphed it again, changing it's shape into a large war hammer, which he proceeded to use to swing into the Beowolf, sending it flying across the air. "Homerun!" He yelled. Soon more Beowolf were on him. He back flipped, landing on one's back, and jumping off it just as another Beowolf went after him, causing it to tackle the other Beowolf instead. Onyx landed against the tree, using it to push himself up into the air. As he was there, in an instant he was morphing his war hammer into the shape of two dual blades. "Activate: Fire Dust!" Onyx called. The weapon responded, suddenly the blades themselves changing to a bright orange color, emitting heat as they became fire itself. As Onyx fell back to the ground, he spun, pointing his swords down, fire surrounding him. By time he reached the ground, he was a fire twister, slamming into the ground with a large explosion, fire spreading and burning the area around him along with the Beowolves. From the fire, Onyx charged forward, unphased , slashing at the Grimm as they burned. He slashed, cutting their heads, limbs, bodies apart. Grimm turned into ashes, or whatever it was that they turned into after death. The grass and trees around him burned, but only shortly, before Onyx activated another dust. "Activate: Wind Dust!" Onyx called, his blades changing of color before spinning, sending gusts of air across the area, putting out the fire with ease. Once he was done, he had time to admire his...disaster zone. He had burnt the entire area to a crisp, patches of ash and dark all around. Trees were pushed back, off their roots and foundations from the force of the wind he had created. It was as if a meteor had landed in there. Sort of. "Whoops." Onyx said. At least the Grimm were dead. However, he wasn't done, as the sound of another fight caught his attention. "That could be the kid from earlier." He hummed. He sighed, cracking his neck as he proceeded to hurry in the direction, hoping he wasn't too late to help.

The Grimm took the first move, lunging towards Raevus with its fangs borne. Raevus dodged, slashing in wide circular arcs defensively. The Grimm seemed unaffected by the slashes and hissed at Raevus, striking again with blinding speed. Raevus was able to avoid its fangs, but it's body slammed him into a nearby tree.

Hoisting himself up, Raevus sucked his teeth. Looks like I'll have to use my Semblance... as the Grimm searched for him, Raevus drew his signs.

Fox Raevus placed his palm on the back of his bent fingers, laying two fingers on the knuckles and raising his index and pinky. Snake his hands seemed to glide into each other.

The Grimm's fangs were borne, as Raevus finished the last sign. Bird, Raevus placed the tips of his fingers together, and towards his chest touched each index's knuckles. He swiftly broke the sign and twirled his sword in a horizontal figure 8.

"Burn out..." Raevus grunted, as what seemed to be in an invisible flash, the Grimm was cut in a blinding fashion, thrashing about before collapsing.

Raevus sheathed the blade, running towards the direction of Melody, when another earth-shaking screech sounded behind him. He turned to see the Grimm had shed itself, and had bounded for him. Raevus blocked the King Taijitu's fangs, but the sword flung out of his hand, lying on the ground. Raevus took one more look at the Grimm.

"But don't be afraid..."

Edited by Clouded Sun

"Glad to hear you're ok." he said, pulling his katana out and helping her down. "My name's Lucas, and I guess this means we're partners. Oh! And I believe these are yours." He pulled out her guns

and handed them to her.

After he helped her down, she chuckled nervously. "Nice to meet you, Lucas. My name's Melody. I guess so and thank you." She said while she received her guns back. She laughed nervously as she puts them up. "Well, that went kinda well. Hopefully, I didn't make him worried sick about me."

"Not a problem." he said. "Now we just need to find those ruins and an artifact." When she mentioned someone being worried he asked "Who would that be?" as he looked around, making sure they didn't attract the attention of any Grimm.

Onyx followed the noise of battle, pushing his way through the overgrown brushes and past the trees, until reaching the clearing. There he reached just as the young hunter stroke down the snake Grimm. "Wow!" Onyx gasped in awe. He was able to take down that grand beast down all on his own. That was impressive. "Hey!" Onyx called, waving at Raevus as he hurried over to greet him. "That was awesome! I wish I could've arrived earlier to see the whole thing!" Onyx said with a cheerful tone. However, it seemed the show wasn't over, as the snake slowly rose from behind, causing Onyx to gasp in surprise. The hunter blocked with his blade, but was knocked out of his hands in the process. By this point Onyx was running, towards the hunter and the beast. "Activate: Lightning Dust!" Onyx called, his weapon reacting as his aura began to become surrounded by electricity. Just as the Grimm tried to eat him again, Onyx ran right up in front of Raevus, throwing his arms up as claws of aura formed around his arms. He caught a hold of the Grimm's jaw just as it came biting down, holding it open and keeping it from taking a bite out of the two of them, pushing right back. Onyx grunted as he pushed the Grimm back, struggling to keep it still. "H-Hey! Quick! Grab your sword and slash it's head right off! Snakes don't regrow limbs! We should be fine!"

Raevus scurried upward at the student's voice. Another Faunus. He just... Jumped right in the fight without thinking! If it weren't for him though, Raevus might not probably even be breathing.

Diving for his sword, he lunged towards the Grimm, cleaving its neck in two with a powerful force. A loud hiss reverberated through the air, and both the Grimm's head and body grew limp, dissipating into a black wisp of air that danced about the sky before disappearing. Raevus lended a hand to the Faunus, hoisting him up from the ground.

"Thanks for the help!" Raevus grinned. "You really got me out of a tight spot." With a moment of hesitation, and realizing the situation they were in, he added "Partner."

Onyx got his hands on his hips, the aura slowly disappearing as Raevus killed off the Grimm. "Cool." He hummed. He looked up at Raevus, chuckling as he bashfully smiled and rubbed the back of his head. "It was nothing! I wouldn't be a hunter if I didn't help." Onyx said, his eyes glistening as Raevus called him partner. "Oh, so I was right! I'm the first person you've met since landing! I saw you running across the branches. You're pretty fast." Onyx said as he walked over to Raevus, getting a bit closer. "I'm glad you came out of that alive." Onyx said, checking the screen on his gauntlet. "The ruins should be a short distance from here. So...how about we get to know each other while we get there?" Onyx said with a smile, beginning to walk. "My name's Onyx Pitch-Black. And these are Doppelganger. I come from Mistral. What about you?"

"Not a problem." he said. "Now we just need to find those ruins and an artifact." When she mentioned someone being worried he asked "Who would that be?" as he looked around, making sure they didn't attract the attention of any Grimm.

She nods to him. "Yeah. oh umm, you could said that he's a Friend of mine, even though we just met." She said. Melody took her glasses off, placing it on her hair. "anyways, let's hurry to the ruins." She then looks around to see if there's any Grimm around here.

Onyx. "Raevus Krysse. You can call me Rae if it suits you." Raevus thought for a second, then said "Another student looked like they had a crash landing. I think the ruins are nearby. Think she's okay?"

"Right!" he said, heading north through the forest. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to them, her scream when she fell had awoken a nearby sleeping Nevermore. The giant bird Grimm shook and took to the skies, screeching.

"Rae." Onyx hummed. "I'm sure she's fine. To even apply to Beacon, or any other hunter academy, we all had to take a written and physical test to prove that we were capable of handling at least the basics. Though she might've been surprised, I'm sure her instincts kicked in time and stuck a landing...somehow." Onyx said, smiling in reassurance. "Only the strong can be hunters, after all." Onyx said. In the distance, they reached the ruins. Standing on multiple pedestals, were different relics, all in the shapes of chess pieces in different colors. Gold or black. "I think those are it!" Onyx said, skipping over to the pedestals. He hummed, looking around at the relics. "We have to choose one from all of these. How do we know which one's the right one?" Onyx hummed. His eyes landed on the golden rook, catching his attention. "How about, a golden rook? Like the tower from a fairy tale!" Onyx said, smiling as he picked it up. "Unless you want a different one?" Onyx asked. There was a sudden screech echoing across the forest. A screech of a Grimm...whatever it was...it was big, and most likely, more dangerous than those snakes Rae encountered. "Oh that doesn't sound good." Onyx said, looking over at Rae. "If you wish, we can wait for your friend to show up, to see if she is alright before moving on."

A rook, huh? Raevus pondered what these relics should've meant. Chess pieces... They were all chess pieces. "The rook will be alright." Raevus muttered quickly. Onyx sure spoke fast, and was excited about everything. It surprised Raevus... But he wasn't sure why. Some of Onyx's happy-go-lucky attitude rubbed off on him, as he thought of the best possible scenario for Melody, and decided to leave it at that. Surely her partner had her covered.

But the Grimm weren't quelled; another monster, which had to be a Grimm had screeched, a more powerful voice than the snake-like Grimm he'd faced before.

"Onyx." Raevus began, "That thing, it sounds really dangerous. I'd hate to have it shred anyone apart. We should probably go after it."

Melody follows Lucas through the forest. She remembered she first saw Lucas from last night. "Say Lucas, are you happen to be the same guy who was with the other boy in onesies?" She asked. Just then, she heard a Grimm screeching loudly, it appears to be a big one. "That can't be good."

"Yeah, that's Onyx, he was the first person I met coming to Beacon." he said, hearing the screech behind them. He turned around just in time to stop the Nevermore just above them. "Oh crap!" he said, turning his katana and sheath into the sniper rifle and looking at the giant bird Grimm as it swung it's wings and sent feathers at them. He quickly grabbed Melody and focused on it's wing. In an instant, they were now hanging off of said wing, the attack completely missing them.

She jumped when the Nevermore appeared above them. After that, she was holding on its wing, tightly as she could when she grabbed its feathers.

Edited by Yessie Maltese

(They are now on one of the wings of the Nevermore)

"Careful, hold on tight!" he said, stabbing his katana into the wing. The Nevermore screeched in pain and tried to shake them off, heading in the direction of the ruins.

Onyx looked up as the Nevermore attacked two hunters that were on their way. "Wait a second, that's Lucas!" Onyx yelled, pointing. Before they could do much, if anything, Lucas and Melody were already on it, hanging onto the Nevermore's wing for dear life as it flew in the air. Onyx whistled, quickly getting the golden rook relic safely into his pocket. "Well, I don't think we can avoid it, to be honest. You know what, I agree. We should totally help in taking this thing out." Onyx said, watching as it began to fly overhead. He extended his arm, aura flowing as he aimed at the Nevermore, his aura shooting up as it grabbed a hold of one of it's paws, wrapping itself around it. Onyx quickly grabbed a hold of Raevus' hand, holding him tight. "Hold onto your sword, partner! We're hitching a ride!" Onyx said, focusing as the Nevermore flew overhead, pulling on his aura as he was then pulled straight into the air, holding onto Raevus tightly. The two were hanging on by a literal thread, dragged by the Nevermore across the air. Onyx focused, his aura shrinking as he pulled them both upwards as they swung around, reaching to it's claws and hanging onto it tight. "Now." Onyx said, using his other gauntlet to wrap an aura whip like string around Raevus' waist. "Safety first! Now, I'm going to swing you over to its head, think you can stick the landing?" Onyx asked, winking at Raevus. Without much warning, he pushed Raevus off the claws, back into the air as he swung him around, before using all of his strength to swing Raevus across the air, and right above and in front of the Nevermore's head, giving him an angle to hopefully hand on, maybe even land a hurtful strike with the help of gravity.

Raevus, thrown up by the force of Onyx's Semblance, unsheathed his sword and landed with a piercing hit into the Nevermore beast, hoping to strike it vitally. He'd missed horribly, as the Nevermore shifted, causing Raevus to land on its wing. The bird screeched, and began to tumble from the hit. The Nevermore seemed to lose its balance, but Raevus wasn't sure. A crash landing on top of a giant Grimm would lead to a more difficult situation than he anticipated, for them and the Grimm, not to mention with the concrete ruins fast approaching.

Edited by Clouded Sun

Onyx smiled, making sure that Raevus had landed before dispersing the safety aura cord around his waist, bringing it back to his body. He momentarily felt lightheaded, holding onto the paw tightly as he closed his eyes. "Ugh...I'm starting to feel drained. I'm gonna need some lunch soon." Onyx huffed. He looked up at the Nevermore, deciding that he had to start helping to bring this beast down, one way or another. Though a crash landing wasn't very appealing. "Activate: Ice Dust." Onyx called, his gauntlets activating the ice dust to cover his aura. He carefully climbed up across the Nevermore's chest, grasping at its feathers for dear life. He formed his aura into the shape of claws, clawing against the Nevermore's skin, burning it with the cold of the ice as the frost spread across the feathers, freezing a few of them. He plucked at them, scratching at its skin as he looked up at the others. "Someone, freeze one of its wings! We have to bring it down if we're to have any advantage on home turf!"

Melody continues to hold on, while trying get her one of her guns. As she tried to get a ice dust out of her pouch, she dropped it when then Nevermore started to lose its balance. Luckily, she managed to catch it and quickly placed it into her pistol. She aimed at its other wing while holding on, begin to shoot the wing.

Lucas did the same, his sheath turning into a pistol and, having still been loaded with Ice Rounds from his fight with the Ursa, he shot at the other wing as well. "Everyone, grab onto me and I can get us to safety while this thing crashes!" he shouted over the roar of the wind rushing around them.

"okay!" She shouted as she holds his hand. Melody them looks at Raevus. "c'mon Rae!" She's also worried about Onyx, scared that he might die from the Nevermore crashing. "but what about Onyx?!" She asked.

"I wouldn't forget my first friend, he's included in everyone!" he said, attaching his Katana to the pistol to make the sniper rifle. "Once everyone has grabbed on, I'm Teleporting us to safety!"

By this point Onyx was crawling, well, more like climbing, back to the group. All while pulling at the Nevermore's wings and scratching at it's skin. He couldn't help but to smile at Lucas' mention of him as his first friend. "Moi? Oh Lucas you shouldn't have!" Onyx said playfully, quickly climbing on to the Nevermore, giving it a kick for good measure, before proceeding to hug Lucas tightly, offering his free arm towards Raevus. "Join us, Rae! We're one man short from a quartet!" Onyx joked, keeping watch over him.