•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Sonic Mania Discussion

sonic mania sonic the hedgehog sonic

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Shard the Gentleman

Shard the Gentleman

Oof

• 2,991 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:17 PM

This video has some strong language.

'You unlock a Bronze Token if you get ejected from the stage prematurely, you unlock a Silver Token if you get all the Blue Spheres but not all rings, and you unlock a Gold Token if you get all rings and Blue Spheres."

What do you all think?

I think some of the unlockables would be

16-bit Soundtrack

Amy as a playable character

Concept Art

#2 -Justin-

-Justin-

Unknown from M.E.M.E.

• Archives Team
  • 776 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

I think the 16 bit soundtrack unlock and the concept arts are more likely, but Amy could still be possible! She could play just like she did in the Advance games!

#3 Tails

Tails

Advanced Member

• 7,818 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

I really like the opening animation for Sonic Mania. I find it funny how a lot of the comments in the comments section want SEGA to have a Sonic cartoon with this animation lol. Not that I think that's a bad idea or anything.

#4 Azure Flame

Azure Flame
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

What's funny is they already had a cartoon with a style similar to that, it was one of the original Sonic cartoons back in the 90's, used to watch it all the time. They even made a movie with animation that was really close to that too.

#5 KH4Real

KH4Real
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

Pretty cool I'm going to get it someday.

#6 Tails

Tails

Advanced Member

• 7,818 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

What's funny is they already had a cartoon with a style similar to that, it was one of the original Sonic cartoons back in the 90's, used to watch it all the time. They even made a movie with animation that was really close to that too.

Yeah you mean the old 90's Sonic cartoons and the animated movie introducing metal sonic?

#7 Azure Flame

Azure Flame
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Yes!

This

And this

Looking back at it, more like the movie.

#8 Tails

Tails

Advanced Member

• 7,818 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

Yes!Thishttps://www.youtube....=uPtPsoHBtT4And thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQO0KlgEhd8Looking back at it, more like the movie.

I was just going to say the same thing lol

#9 Azure Flame

Azure Flame
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Oh, and for those of you who like the song in the Mania trailer, here it is!

#10 Solarclaw

Solarclaw

aka; Rhea Trilement

• 106 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

More work for Tyson Hesse (who drew and animated this and also drew for the Sonic Comics) if they do decide to do a more 2D animated cartoon. I think he also drew this Sonic design in homage to that Sonic OVA movie and style

If they DO decide to do a new cartoon, boi-o hopefully they choose a DIFFERENT network to air it on considering how Cartoon Network treats most of its shows, blegh

#11 Dustin Lübbers

Dustin Lübbers

ZgermanGuy

• 1,055 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:00 PM

thank you for this after 5 hours of trying to beat lingering will (and failing) I need something to bring a smile to my face.

#12 Tails

Tails

Advanced Member

• 7,818 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

thank you for this after 5 hours of trying to beat lingering will (and failing) I need something to bring a smile to my face.

You're welcome.

#13 Shard the Gentleman

Shard the Gentleman

Oof

• 2,991 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:40 AM

Loved it! Super hyped for Mania- hopefully Tyson Hesse will work more with SEGA in the future~~

Tyson Hesse is also the guy who drew the "Hedgehog the Sonic" video- and some of Sonic Mania's T-shirts!

#14 Tails

Tails

Advanced Member

• 7,818 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:53 AM

Loved it! Super hyped for Mania- hopefully Tyson Hesse will work more with SEGA in the future~~

Tyson Hesse is also the guy who drew the "Hedgehog the Sonic" video- and some of Sonic Mania's T-shirts!

"Hedgehog the Sonic"? Interesting way of saying Sonic's full title backwards lol. But I was beginning to wonder if you were going to comment or not :P.

#15 Shard the Gentleman

Shard the Gentleman

Oof

• 2,991 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:55 AM

"Hedgehog the Sonic"? Interesting way of saying Sonic's full title backwards lol. But I was beginning to wonder if you were going to comment or not :P.

And yeah lol, Sorry, I went to bed right after todays stream and didn't want to be awake lol

#16 Hero of Light XIV

Hero of Light XIV
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:21 AM

I'd seriously love that to happen, Sonic Boom's humor is on point and everything, but it'd be really refreshing to have something not just decently animated again, but SPECTACULARLY animated as a regular series, for Classic Sonic no less. I mean, understandably it would have to be a bit toned down compared to this, because budget and timing and all that, but it would still be pretty cool to see Classic Sonic have a series again...only this time as the "Classic Sonic" we know of today, rather than a sassy Jaleel White portraying an interpretation of what Sonic might be before a centralized mold was ever figured out. Don't get me wrong, I love White's Sonic as much as the next fan, it practically led to how we identify Sonic's personality today, but the way it was executed at the time was still kind of odd in a few spaces, again mostly due to the fact that the show's writers were working with a mostly clean sleight back then.

But now that Classic has an already established identity, it'd be really nice to see something akin to the spirit of Mania, Megadrive, or even Genesis being applied to a new traditionally/digitally animated 2D Classic Sonic series. And while Boom's relevance may have died down by now (due to the failure of Rise of Lyric and the fading attention to Shattered Crystal and Fire & Ice), a series based off Classic would still have relevance even after Mania's hype has died down, since the Classic series still holds a strong place in many fans' hearts already. Though maybe I'm just speaking from hype fumes right now, but I'd still love to see something like this someday, be it for Classic or Modern Sonic (I still want a second attempt at a better Sonic anime series as well).

#17 twilight_roxas

twilight_roxas
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 03:11 AM

More work for Tyson Hesse (who drew and animated this and also drew for the Sonic Comics) if they do decide to do a more 2D animated cartoon. I think he also drew this Sonic design in homage to that Sonic OVA movie and style

If they DO decide to do a new cartoon, boi-o hopefully they choose a DIFFERENT network to air it on considering how Cartoon Network treats most of its shows, blegh

It looks more like the Sonic CD animation from Toei Animation.

#18 Shard the Gentleman

Shard the Gentleman

Oof

• 2,991 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

Hey everyone! Are you as hyped for Sonic Mania as I am? Great! But waiting for the game to come out can be tedious- especially if you're waiting on the PC version.

How does one wait for the game without going mad? Here's Shard's quick guide to preparing yourself for Sonic Mania!

Tier One -

Play through the classics! What's the best way to play?

SONIC 1 + 2

320px-Sonicclassicheroes.png

Sonic Classic Heroes!

In this version, Sonic 1 and 2 have been neatly combined into one smooth game- you can play from one right to the other without having to switch games!

What's more? This version of the game has items and other features from Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles, including Tails' and Knuckles' super and hyper forms!

But wait, there's more! You can switch between the three title characters at will, similar to Sonic Heroes! You can also play as Team Chaotix!

SONIC CD

Sonic-CD-Logo.jpg

The best way to play this classic game- well, there are two ways. The PC version on Steam developed by Christian Whitehead, or the mobile port of it! They play exactly the same as the original, except with addition corrections, and the ability to play as Tails!

SONIC 3/ SONIC & KNUCKLES

Sonic3C_LevelSelect.png

Similar to Sonic Classic Heroes, this one is also a combination of 2 games. What's the difference between this and Sonic 3 and Knuckles? This version is completely customizable- so you can choose to play with S3 music or S&K music- in addition, lots of glitch fixes and additional features- such as reflecting projectiles with the Insta-Shield, and more!

TIER 2

Already played through the games enough? Well, here's the next step!

Watch the Sonic OVA!

While somewhat ignored in the community, this movie is still a gem that all Classic fans should watch!

TIER 3

Sonic-Mega-Drive-Next-Level-cover-header

Read Sonic Mega Drive and Sonic Mega Drive Next Level!

Sonic: Mega Drive was illustrated by Tyson Hesse- the very same person to animate the Sonic Mania opening, and he is also known for a short Sonic Web Comic.

These stories follow your Classic buddies- Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles, going against Doctor Eggman, Metal Sonic, and more!

TIER 4

splogotssz-1440x564_c.png

Watch fan products!

This can range from Sonic Shorts by Sonic Paradox, Sonic Zombies by Balenaproductions, the Sonic Prologue short film- or anything you can think of!

Hopefully these things will help you keep yourself occupied until Sonic Mania's release!

#19 Hero of Light XIV

Hero of Light XIV
  • 4,506 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Except reading Sonic Megadrive parts 1 and 2 remind me that the final part is cancelled and makes me sad. T3T"

#20 twilight_roxas

twilight_roxas
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

There's also downloading Sonic 1 for free if those that preorder the PC version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sonic mania, sonic the hedgehog, sonic