Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
XxUtopiaxX

The White Lotus: The Search for the Avatar(Sign-ups and Discussion)

Welcome to New Republic City!

This high-tech, futuristic, and booming city has become the "center" of the world.

With the advancements of elemental tech through vigorous research of scientists, 

both benders and non-benders can live "equally" with power.

However.. no light is without darkness..

The world has been at war for 27 years with a group thought to be long gone..

The Red Lotus

For years since the fall of Zaheer, they have been building..

planning.. waiting..

During the chaos of Kuvira, they have amassed great power under everyone's noses, created their own country,

Captured and killed Avatar Korra shortly after her return from the Spirit World with Asami..

This threw the whole world into rage and from it,

Another Great War erupted from the volcanoes of peace

27 years later

There is still no Avatar in sight

The White Lotus is at war with the Red Lotus

The world, though advanced, is in a deeper hole that many realize.

We are the White Lotus

We must do our best to bring balance to this world.

Things you need to know!

----------------------------

- Each character created is currently a "master" in their respected skill from starting point.

- These are the events that transpired before the rise of next Avatar

- That's about it I think. If I think of something, I'll post it here.

Rules

----------------------------

1.) No Godmodding! I understand that scientifically, bending arts are OP. However, let's keep bending canon

2.) Let's keep it PG13 as it pertains to Romance

3.) No controlling another OC without the owner's permission

4.) All KH rules apply

5.) Have Fun!

Element Specialties (Basic ones that can be picked from (you can get more later).)

------------------------

Fire - http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Firebending | (Any special technique except for combustion)

Water - http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Waterbending | (Any special technique except for bloodbending)

Earth - http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Earthbending | (Any special technique except for lava(However, if you choose metal, you cannot get lava))

Air - http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Airbending | (Any special technique except flight)

Name:

Appearance:
Bio: (You can keep it short, and reveal more later in the RP)

Affiliation: (White Lotus, Red Lotus, Neutral)

Element: (Earth, Fire, Water, Air, or None)

Element Specialty (optional): Pick one based on your element

Weapon(s): (Elemental weapons/tech, or anything that exists in modern-day 2017 EXCEPT guns)

Why does the cool stuff happen when I'm away from home

Name: Darya

Appearance:

f735aae8a2bfa451e1d532e94bc0d4f9--dress-

Bio: Daughter of an immigrant from the Northern water tribe and a non-bending mother, Darya has lived a relatively peaceful life in Republic City despite the years of warfare. She discovered her waterbending abilities at a very young age and was trained by her father, a waterbender himself. Hanging around her mother's flower shop she began to demonstrate her interest in bending the water inside the plants, going beyond the typical use of waterbending. Her father sought out teachers for her to advance her techniques and quickly became a master of her art at a younger age than what was expected of her. The White Lotus recognized her skill, and asked for her alliance against the Red Lotus. Darya complied, and even with a cheerful smile and welcoming personality, the enemies never tend to see the danger she posseses until it's too late.

Affiliation: White Lotus

Element: Water

Element Specialty: Plantbending

Weapon(s):

Water Jugs (x2)

Dual Swords (x2)

Why does the cool stuff happen when I'm away from home

Name: Darya

Appearance:

f735aae8a2bfa451e1d532e94bc0d4f9--dress-

Bio: Daughter of an immigrant from the Northern water tribe and a non-bending mother, Darya has lived a relatively peaceful life in Republic City despite the years of warfare. She discovered her waterbending abilities at a very young age and was trained by her father, a waterbender himself. Hanging around her mother's flower shop she began to demonstrate her interest in bending the water inside the plants, going beyond the typical use of waterbending. Her father sought out teachers for her to advance her techniques and quickly became a master of her art at a younger age than what was expected of her. The White Lotus recognized her skill, and asked for her alliance against the Red Lotus. Darya complied, and even with a cheerful smile and welcoming personality, the enemies never tend to see the danger she posseses until it's too late.

Element Specialty: Plantbending

Weapon(s):

Water Jugs (x2)

Dual Swords (x2)

Accepted!

I will post mine later on tonight

Would any of us be able to play the next avatar, just trying to lay low with the others, before revealing themselves? Or perhaps not even knowing themselves?

Edited by Azure Flame

Yo Utopia-- It's Neko/Sodom/You know my real name~

Name: Dalian 

Appearance:

tumblr_otj0nwRIIW1upl7uxo1_540.jpg

Edited by me <3

Bio: Dalian Liu has lived in New Republic City almost all her life, only living in the Fire Nation for a short time before moving away. While she was around only four or five, she discovered her fire-bending abilities and her mother helped train her in her bending, while her once she got older, she was able to learn the way of the Hook Sword. By the time she was sixteen, Dalian could easily defeat her mother and father, and many strong fire-benders with her abilities, and is determined to use her abilities to the best of her ability. 

Element: Fire

Element Specialty: Heat Control 

Heat control: Certain advanced firebenders appear to have the ability to control heat. Using this technique, firebenders can heat a wide range of liquids, like water or tea, heat metal to scalding temperatures, or melt ice. Heat direction has also been performed by Fire Lord Sozin, heat redirection allows for the absorption of heat from one hand and passing through one's body and out the other hand. It was used to cool down the lava during the eruption that destroyed Roku's island. It appears to operate on a similar principle to Iroh's redirection of lightning technique.

Weapon(s): Two hook-swords (R.I.P. Jet) 

You better keep this going this time, Utopia~ 

Edited by Lady Aleister

Sun is watching, Sun is listening, Sun is thinking about signing up...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope some girls are watching!

Name: Noire Eskel

Appearance:post-50965-0-05166700-1500781871_thumb.png

Bio: A man whose past is shrouded in mystery. He's unconditionally loyal and surprisingly passionate about helping others, but is rather flirtatious with pretty girls. He often fast talks to keep his history from other people, especially in a suave way to women, but on the inside he's rather sensitive and shy. Noire does not take flirts very well himself, and gets rather flustered when people compliment and give him much, perhaps excessive attention. Noire's uncharacteristic attitude also shows in deep conversation, further enticing questions about who he is.

Noire's attacks blend blade with bending, the blades being an "extension" of the arm.

Affiliation: Neutral

Element Specialty (optional): Blue Fire Bending

Weapon(s): A set of three katana with scabbards embroidered with a jewel on each . In conjunction with Firebending, he can sharpen, heat, and focus fire-bent slashes.

Demonstration:

Question, does Firebending include lightning bending as well?

Edited by Clouded Sun

Sorry guys, between running errands all day and deciding on my character's bending element, I ran a bit late!

Would any of us be able to play the next avatar, just trying to lay low with the others, before revealing themselves? Or perhaps not even knowing themselves?

I appreciate your question! Unfortunately, there will be no active Avatar in this part of the series.
I plan for this roleplay to be sort of laying the "foundation" of the kind of world the next Avatar would have to fix.
This roleplay shifts its focus from the Avatar to the White Lotus and their search for the next Avatar while maintaining the safety of the world in the Avatar's stead.

However, I plan on shifting the focus back to the Avatar after this RP.

Yo Utopia-- It's Neko/Sodom/You know my real name~

Name: Dalian 

Appearance:

tumblr_otj0nwRIIW1upl7uxo1_540.jpg

Edited by me <3

Bio: Dalian Liu has lived in New Republic City almost all her life, only living in the Fire Nation for a short time before moving away. While she was around only four or five, she discovered her fire-bending abilities and her mother helped train her in her bending, while her once she got older, she was able to learn the way of the Hook Sword. By the time she was sixteen, Dalian could easily defeat her mother and father, and many strong fire-benders with her abilities, and is determined to use her abilities to the best of her ability. 

Element Specialty: Heat Control 

Weapon(s): Two hook-swords (R.I.P. Jet) 

You better keep this going this time, Utopia~ 

SODOM!!! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG! =D Accepted btw

Sun is watching, Sun is listening, Sun is thinking about signing up...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope some girls are watching!

Name: Noire Eskel
Appearance:attachicon.gifimage.png
Bio: A man whose past is shrouded in mystery. He's unconditionally loyal and surprisingly passionate about helping others, but is rather flirtatious with pretty girls. He often fast talks to keep his history from other people, especially in a suave way to women, but on the inside he's rather sensitive and shy. Noire does not take flirts very well himself, and gets rather flustered when people compliment and give him much, perhaps excessive attention. Noire's uncharacteristic attitude also shows in deep conversation, further enticing questions about who he is.

Noire's attacks blend blade with bending, the blades being an "extension" of the arm.
Element Specialty (optional): Blue Fire Bending
Weapon(s): A set of three katana with scabbards embroidered with a jewel on each . In conjunction with Firebending, he can sharpen, heat, and focus fire-bent slashes.

Demonstration:

Question, does Firebending include lightning bending as well?

Accepted! And yes, lightning generation counts as firebending.

With that, here's my character!

Name: Noah 
Appearance:

Bio: Abandoned as a child, left to walk the streets of Ba Sing Se, Noah's early life hasn't been a pretty one. Some days, he would starve and others he would survive on whatever scraps were dropped on the floor or in his beggars bowl. However, one day, upon seeing his talent for Earthbending at the age of 7, Noah was taken under the Dai Li. Noah was put in a secret underground training program that prepared children for the war ahead, constantly honing their skills. It was hell, however, Noah's friends managed to get him by. By the time Noah was 10, he had already mastered the basics of Earthbending and developed sort of what he called a "sixth sense" (seismic sense). However, he told no one about this ability and honed it himself. By 13, Noah was a master Earthbender and one of the youngest members of the Dai Li. At the age of 18, the Dai-Li finally admitted Noah part in the war and he quickly joined the White Lotus. 
Element: Earth
Element Specialty (optional): Seismic Sense
Weapon(s): None

Alright, thanks. Gonna post a character soon. Since all the other elements have been picked, I'll make an airbender.

Name: Aang

Appearance:

7f3ece10ceb102d8086cbd9da31e60c5.jpg

Bio: The eldest son of Jinora and Kai, Aang was named after his great-grandfather, Avatar Aang. As a child all he wanted to do was goof around with his airbending, scooting around on a ball of air, blowing cloaks in peoples faces and stuff like that. However, that all changed when the Red Lotus attacked Air Temple Island. Seeing his fellow airbenders get struck down made him realize he had to take things more seriously. Aang had always been a prodigy, airbending just came naturally to him. But after the attack he focused on his training seriously and was able to become a master of airbending relatively shortly afterwards, eventually he heard of the White Lotus, and decided to join them.

Element: Air

Element Specialty: Cloud/Fog manipulation

Weapon: Air Glider/Staff

Alright, thanks. Gonna post a character soon. Since all the other elements have been picked, I'll make an airbender.

Name: Aang

Appearance:

7f3ece10ceb102d8086cbd9da31e60c5.jpg

Bio: The eldest son of Jinora and Kai, Aang was named after his great-grandfather, Avatar Aang. As a child all he wanted to do was goof around with his airbending, scooting around on a ball of air, blowing cloaks in peoples faces and stuff like that. However, that all changed when the Red Lotus attacked Air Temple Island. Seeing his fellow airbenders get struck down made him realize he had to take things more seriously. Aang had always been a prodigy, airbending just came naturally to him. But after the attack he focused on his training seriously and was able to become a master of airbending relatively shortly afterwards, eventually he heard of the White Lotus, and decided to join them.

Element Specialty: Cloud/Fog manipulation

Weapon: Air Glider/Staff

Accepted!

We will get started soon.

I am going out of the country tomorrow. But I should have WiFi where I'm going so we should be good.

Adding this dude if possible

Name: Zale

Appearance:

eb13a094331c93cd0434d0a85506cefe--gender

Bio: The son of a waterbending couple of the Northern watertribe, his birth caused much strife, and ended up in the death of his mother, despite every effort to save her being made. Distraught, his own father left the tribe, leaving him behind to be raised by the tribe as a whole. Zale was raised as best as the community could do, pitying the child. It wasn't long until he discovered his waterbending abilities, and wanting to follow his mother's footsteps, he was quickly taught the proficiency of Healing. He was a quick learner, able to learn and master advancing techniques that even full trained adults had trouble with. This did not went unnoticed, the elders already making plans for his talents, but someone else got to him first. One night, a waterbender from the tribe took Zale and ran away from the tribe with him, taking him straight to the Red Lotus he had aligned himself with. The Red Lotus approved that Zale's abilities would be crucial if not invaluable for their cause, and so they raised him. Zale learned everything he possibly could, becoming a master under the harsh and inhumane training that he was given. He is both a killer and a savior, and after so long, so many sins he has committed, is there really any other way for him to live?

Affiliation: Red Lotus

Element Specialty: Healing

Weapon(s):

Water jugs (x4)

Adding this dude if possible

Name: Zale

Appearance:

eb13a094331c93cd0434d0a85506cefe--gender

Bio: The son of a waterbending couple of the Northern watertribe, his birth caused much strife, and ended up in the death of his mother, despite every effort to save her being made. Distraught, his own father left the tribe, leaving him behind to be raised by the tribe as a whole. Zale was raised as best as the community could do, pitying the child. It wasn't long until he discovered his waterbending abilities, and wanting to follow his mother's footsteps, he was quickly taught the proficiency of Healing. He was a quick learner, able to learn and master advancing techniques that even full trained adults had trouble with. This did not went unnoticed, the elders already making plans for his talents, but someone else got to him first. One night, a waterbender from the tribe took Zale and ran away from the tribe with him, taking him straight to the Red Lotus he had aligned himself with. The Red Lotus approved that Zale's abilities would be crucial if not invaluable for their cause, and so they raised him. Zale learned everything he possibly could, becoming a master under the harsh and inhumane training that he was given. He is both a killer and a savior, and after so long, so many sins he has committed, is there really any other way for him to live?

Affiliation: Red Lotus

Element Specialty: Healing

Weapon(s):

Water jugs (x4)

It's possible. Accepted!

Name: Inazuma "Ina" Luo

Appearance:

tumblr_m1q64fkdK81qlv4f0.jpg

Bio: Ina was born to a fire bending father and an air bending mother. Her mother was empowered by the Harmonic Convergence, but refused to join the other Air Benders at Air Bender Island, not wanting to exchange a heritage she was proud of for a foreign one. Years later, their daughter Ina displayed air bending skills at a young age. While steadfast in her own decision, Ina's mother insisted that Ina get the chance to decide what path she wished to follow. Confused and scared, young Ina decided to train at Air Bender island. During her studies there, she was identified as a powerful bender, even able to read air currents through her usually tangled mop of hair. During her later years of training, she began focusing on meditation to fulfill answers about the universe that burned in her mind. She was close to being anointed a Master and receive her tattoos when she embarked on a spiritual journey to find the answers she sought. She mediated for a full day, only to come out of it with a scream. Clearly shaken by something in her journey, masters and friends questioned Ina as to what she had seen, but she refused to answer. On the eve of her anointment, she vanished from the air temple. Reports of her came from all over the world, degrading from a curious nomad to a chaotic thief who was reported to have killed some who had threatened her freedom. While she has kept out of the war between the Lotuses, it is unclear now which side she would join if forced to choose.

Element Specialty (optional): Hypersensitivity

Weapon(s): throwing stars (made out of platinum)

Edited by rikunobodyxiii

Who knows, maybe Aang could be able to persuade her after he tells her what the Red Lotus did to Airbender Island. If she left before the attack, that is. And if she did, then she would remember Aang as the goofy teen he had been prior to the attack.

Oh, and before I forget, is there anything in particular you'd like Aang to see while he is looking through the base in spirit form, Utopia?

Edited by Azure Flame

Oooh, interesting. Another Neutral character.

She's definitely gonna join a side, huh? I wonder which...

Up to the flow of the game. Heh, this could get interesting.

Who knows, maybe Aang could be able to persuade her after he tells her what the Red Lotus did to Airbender Island. If she left before the attack, that is. And if she did, then she would remember Aang as the goofy teen he had been prior to the attack.

I considered working the attack into Ina's back story, but I wasn't too sure of the timeline. I figure she's been on her own for 4 or 5 years.

Or I could rework things so that she mysteriously disappeared shortly before the Red Lotus attacked...