Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

There are gonna be drugs and murders involved .... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Nah , joking aside , the darker the storyline is , the better . It's gonna be more interesting and hopefully it won't become more complicated than it already is .

It will be dark, but NOT THAT DARK.

Agreed, that's going a little too far. What works in Final Fantasy doesn't always work in Kingdom Hearts. I WOULD like to see a conclusion to (and possibly explanation for) the whole Cloud vs Sephiroth sub plot though, closure would be nice. But yeah, love how dark the series can get, even when they still cut corners around graphic things like stabbing and strangling someone (I mean they literally had to do something weird with Terra-Xehanort's hand just so they could have him strangle Aqua without actually showing his grip around her, it still bothers me). I'm personally hoping that they don't cut those corners this time around, but we'll see.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

It will be dark, but NOT THAT DARK.

well people stab themsevelves in kh since the first game so it's not that dark

well he said that is going to be darker than every other kh game,even 358/2 days thats is only sadness and pain that game so welp.

Edited by Alchemike

Not sure if that's automatically a good thing.

After the consecutive Bittersweet/Downer Endings of Days, BBS, and DDD, I've heard quite a few people complain of burnout via Angst Aversion / Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy -- with which I can't exactly disagree, especially given how the major buildup to KH3 boiled down to "All the good guys' sacrifices since KH1 have been in vain because time-travel."

well people stab themsevelves in kh since the first game so it's not that dark

well he said that is going to be darker than every other kh game,even 358/2 days thats is only sadness and pain that game so welp.

Except those stabs weren't through the chest or stomach; either directly at (Sora's case) or directly behind (Eraqus' case) it.

so Nomura said that there are so many characters, so the story is dark and he is not planning it to end it all at once. so the question is how dark will the story be?

I think sephiroth will kill aerith in front of cloud, sora and friends.

I have never  understood Why Disney became the Prime exampel of Cute and innocent I mean sure there is LOTS of that but even In the most early cartoons you had some pretty dark stuff like the one where king midas gets the golden touch and fears he will starve to death or Flowers and trees where you have the villian tree burning alive not to mention chernabog(the devil) in fantasia

but too get back to the topic I would love it if there will be more serious stuff after all We are all grown up manly man now! :P

There are gonna be drugs and murders involved .... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

Nah , joking aside , the darker the storyline is , the better . It's gonna be more interesting and hopefully it won't become more complicated than it already is .

Well to be honest if we consider the fact that the Marvel shows like daredevil/jessica jones/Luke cage arre official Part of the Main movie universe and add to that the fact that it is owend by disney, well you can see where I am going with this :D

I think what Nomura means the number of times that the word 'dark' or 'darkness' is uttered or mentioned will break the record held by any KH game so far.

Great... I dont think I will survive so much liquor in my body when I play the drinking game

Agreed, that's going a little too far. What works in Final Fantasy doesn't always work in Kingdom Hearts. I WOULD like to see a conclusion to (and possibly explanation for) the whole Cloud vs Sephiroth sub plot though, closure would be nice. But yeah, love how dark the series can get, even when they still cut corners around graphic things like stabbing and strangling someone (I mean they literally had to do something weird with Terra-Xehanort's hand just so they could have him strangle Aqua without actually showing his grip around her, it still bothers me). I'm personally hoping that they don't cut those corners this time around, but we'll see.

with clouds sub Plot it depends where they in the Plot of FF7 if they recognise it at all, is it after Cloud found out his true identity? Is it after Sephiroth has summonend the comment to destroy the planet? Did sephiroth lead the heartless to their homeworld in this Universe? Or does it not follow the Plot of FF7 and they hate one another for completly different reasons? Maybe we will just see how cloud just beats him finally and that counts in nomuras mind as "story Concluded"

I have never  understood Why Disney became the Prime exampel of Cute and innocent I mean sure there is LOTS of that but even In the most early cartoons you had some pretty dark stuff like the one where king midas gets the golden touch and fears he will starve to death or Flowers and trees where you have the villian tree burning alive not to mention chernabog(the devil) in fantasia

but too get back to the topic I would love it if there will be more serious stuff after all We are all grown up manly man now! :P

Well to be honest if we consider the fact that the Marvel shows like daredevil/jessica jones/Luke cage arre official Part of the Main movie universe and add to that the fact that it is owend by disney, well you can see where I am going with this :D

Great... I dont think I will survive so much liquor in my body when I play the drinking game

with clouds sub Plot it depends where they in the Plot of FF7 if they recognise it at all, is it after Cloud found out his true identity? Is it after Sephiroth has summonend the comment to destroy the planet? Did sephiroth lead the heartless to their homeworld in this Universe? Or does it not follow the Plot of FF7 and they hate one another for completly different reasons? Maybe we will just see how cloud just beats him finally and that counts in nomuras mind as "story Concluded"

Pretty sure we've established by now that none of the Final Fantasy characters in KH (save Auron, possibly) are the same characters as from their Final Fantasy counterparts. This Cloud and this Sephiroth are completely different from the ones we see in FF7. Sephiroth is described as a literal manifestation of the Darkness in Cloud's heart, that's not what he was in FF7. Comparable to that, sure, but not literally the same thing. Most of the FF characters come from Radiant Garden, except for Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Auron, possibly the Gullwings, the Moogles come from everywhere, Zack is hard to say (he could just be wearing Olympus Coliseum styled clothes and still come from Radiant Garden for all we know), Seifer, Fuu, Rai, Vivi, and Setzer. The only thing that complicates this is that one throw-away line from Goofy about them "making it back to their own world", it contradicts things Nomura has said in interviews in the past (if anyone can confirm this for me, that'd be great) about Cloud having been from Radiant Garden and they've gotten so many other lore inconsistencies whenever it comes to things that Donald or Goofy say that at this point I'm not taking his word for it. Regardless, this battle is not a continuation of FF7, it's a story exclusive to KH, has it's origins within KH's lore, and should be concluded once and for all within KH, KH3 especially.

Pretty sure we've established by now that none of the Final Fantasy characters in KH (save Auron, possibly) are the same characters as from their Final Fantasy counterparts. This Cloud and this Sephiroth are completely different from the ones we see in FF7. Sephiroth is described as a literal manifestation of the Darkness in Cloud's heart, that's not what he was in FF7. Comparable to that, sure, but not literally the same thing. Most of the FF characters come from Radiant Garden, except for Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Auron, possibly the Gullwings, the Moogles come from everywhere, Zack is hard to say (he could just be wearing Olympus Coliseum styled clothes and still come from Radiant Garden for all we know), Seifer, Fuu, Rai, Vivi, and Setzer. The only thing that complicates this is that one throw-away line from Goofy about them "making it back to their own world", it contradicts things Nomura has said in interviews in the past (if anyone can confirm this for me, that'd be great) about Cloud having been from Radiant Garden and they've gotten so many other lore inconsistencies whenever it comes to things that Donald or Goofy say that at this point I'm not taking his word for it. Regardless, this battle is not a continuation of FF7, it's a story exclusive to KH, has it's origins within KH's lore, and should be concluded once and for all within KH, KH3 especially.

thanks for the clarification I was Confused about that for a while I was just asuming that since we follow the disney Plots pretty closely the same thing counts for the FF characters. To my Knowlege it wasnt said that Cloud was from radiant garden alltough it seems likely since in the end credits of Kh1 we see him together with the others back in the castle of than hollow bastion

Most likely will have it's more heart wrenching moments but it will also have it's playful and happy ones. It will remind of what it felt like when you first played KH. Which is filled with hidden dark secrets by the way.