•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Balancing in KH3

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NoWay

NoWay
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:49 AM

At first: happy KH3-Releaseyear-Announcement-Day :)

So after watching this amazing and stunning trailer, I'm getting a bit worried in terms of the balance of the combat system in KH3. It seems like we are going to be powerful af. And now that we can have up to 5 party members it seems like the games going to be much easier than the other ones.

So how do you think will SE balance the whole combat system?

In my opinion they need to nerf for example Buzz and Woody. Or in general if you are getting more than one new party member SE should nerf them. On the otherside I really hope to be confronted with much more and more powerful Heartless and Nobodies.

And please, don't let the boss fights be tooo easy. :(

So that's my point of view. What do you think? Are you also a bit worried?

Edited by NoWay, 17 July 2017 - 02:50 AM.

#2 Yusaku Fujicookie

Yusaku Fujicookie

The One Who Commands the Wind

• 874 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

Honestly, I would be surprised if the game will turn out to be actually balanced.

We are talking about the Osaka Team.

#3 sagman12PC

sagman12PC
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:49 AM

In terms of boss battles i hope they go the same direction they went with Mirror Aqua in 0.2. That fight was designed really well and felt like fighting 2FM Terra in terms of difficulty; they brought back revenge value for that fight so there was actually a strategy you could use to defeat it instead of the randomness that were the BBS and DDD boss battles. Knowing its Osaka team though there will probably be moves/skills in the game that are easily spammable and broken (like Balloon from DDD)

#4 Movies798

Movies798

Mystic of the Night

• 1,518 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

Why bother nerfing them when we're all pretty much going to play this game on Proud and Critical mode? I'm not even worrying about this game because I'm going to have a hell of a good time playing it.

#5 Xiro

Xiro

it all reminds me of u

• 1,567 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

I haven't played 0.2, but Keyblade Transformations/Drives look like they act similarly to 0.2 Command Styles, right? If it's combo-based it seems like it'll be easy to spam, unless there's a major cooldown or something similar. (Same thing with Tier4 magic.) And the issue with Shotlocks is that they're kinda OP generally but against some bosses (at least in BBS) they're not viable to use, so hopefully they're not crazy but still usable in whatever situation.

And there's also Attraction Flow and Summons; we still aren't really sure how they're gonna work.

So yeah, heck if I know lol. Basically hoping that Osaka actually looks at KH2 and re-implement Revenge Value for bosses and damage scaling for low-level/LV1 play (since adding weird buffs to EXP Zero is kinda dumb tbh. Like in BBS destroying everything with Spellweaver is fun up to a certain point).

People are saying Phantom Aqua was good so hopefully they've learned something lol