•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

My Unpopular Opinions About KH1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ReverofE

ReverofE

Forever Alone

• 429 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

Well we all have them right?

#2 KairiKeybasH

KairiKeybasH

I Saved Miitopia from Xion's wrath...?

• 1,062 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Well I have a lot of them regarding the first game, which my first place is: I perfer KH1 over KH2 in terms of gameplay, the gameplay isn't the best... but at least is enjoyable it kinda still holds up.

Edited by KairiKeybasH, 15 July 2017 - 01:03 PM.

#3 Vulpix

Vulpix

Were gonna need a bigger forum.

• 473 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

Well we all have them right?

I'm going to disagree with you on sora's personality. I much prefer his KH2 personality. KH1 sora is naive, like you said. I simply much prefer his KH2 personality. I mean,
the whole "tell me where my friends are or I'll starting beating people up" may not earn sympathy from a lot of people, but I love a character who doesn't like nonsense.

#4 Firaga

Firaga

HOT DAMN

• 5,413 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

Having a personality is the exact opposite of being bland, and yet you still claim to like Sora's personality in I above other games anyway even though you admit that you find him bland.

I'm sorry, but preferences aside, that line of thinking just doesn't make sense.

#5 ReverofE

ReverofE

Forever Alone

• 429 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:51 PM

Having a personality is the exact opposite of being bland, and yet you still claim to like Sora's personality in I above other games anyway even though you admit that you find him bland.

I'm sorry, but preferences aside, that line of thinking just doesn't make sense.

I may have worded it wrong in that video.

What I meant was even though I found Sora's personality a bit bland (not entirely or 100% bland/no emotion/no personality) I still preferred this version of Sora compared to how he is in later games. Kind of like how I preferred Dante's personality in DMC1 more so than in any Devil May Cry game to date. He was simple, realistic, and was willing to learn various things.

#6 Connected

Connected

The Road to Dawn

• 1,566 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

I agree with you on the Puzzle part! I love that you really needed to put some effort to get to a chest.

#7 ReverofE

ReverofE

Forever Alone

• 429 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

I agree with you on the Puzzle part! I love that you really needed to put some effort to get to a chest.

EXACTLY in KH2 I always felt like when you wanted into a room you basically knew where all the treasure chests were since KH2's level design was linear and lacked a lot of puzzles. Like some of the worlds in that game felt like they were all the same just with a different paint job. Where as in KH1 the levels definitely had distinction, hidden puzzles to solve, and the zoomed up camera really put things in the player's perspective.

KH2FM tried remedying this with the Cavern of Remembrance and Puzzle Pieces which DID help but not entirely. That being said though KH2's treasure chest was kind of cool.

Well I have a lot of them regarding the first game, which my first place is: I perfer KH1 over KH2 in terms of gameplay, the gameplay isn't the best... but at least is enjoyable it kinda still holds up.

Well my friend we are in the minority in that one lol.