Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SRKTVAMDGRLXN

How will the Disney worlds's stories/plots be "divided"?

I know what you guys might be thinking right now: "What do you mean by divided"? OK, calm down, everybody, I'll explain:

Remember back in BBS and DDD when the protagonists each visited a Disney world and stayed there until a certain moment (For example: Ventus stayed in Castle of Dreams only until Jaq and himself fixed Cinderella's dress, remember? Also, Sora visited Pranksters's Paradise only until Pinocchio and Jiminy were swallowed by Monstro)? Well, then, this got me thinking how the Disney worlds's plot will be divided in KH3. If you still don't get what I mean, don't worry, I'll give one more example:

Kingdom of Corona (Rapunzel's world)

1st visit: Sora, Donald and Goofy (they arrive in this world and stay there until, for example, they help Rapunzel, Flynn and Pascal escape the guards, or the Heartless, in the Snuggly Duckling).

2nd visit: Riku and King Mickey (they guide Rapunzel and Flynn to the lanterns while fending off Heartless and stay there until Flynn is ambushed by The Stabbington Brothers and captured by the royal guards, while Rapunzel goes back to the tower with Mother Gothel).

3rd visit: Kairi and Lea (they learn that Rapunzel is in great danger and Flynn is about to be executed and go to the rescue of both of them).

Guys, I've already said it, but, I'll say it only one more time: THIS...IS...JUST...AN...EXAMPLE...OK? Just to make things more clear, you know?

So, what's you guys's opinions on this thread? Do you think we'll get to visit not just this world, but all of Disney worlds, with Sora, Donald and Goofy only or do you think we'll have a kind of BBS theme, where'll visit each world once with each main playable character (assuming Riku, Mickey, Kairi and Lea will be, you know, playable character and party character)?

IMHO, I would really, REALLY love for Kairi to visit Disney worlds (something I've wanted to do since the first KH title) with Lea, because, you see, they barely know each other, and this would be the perfect opportunity for them to get to know each other better and learn with one another (just like how Sora learned many things from Donald and Goofy and Riku learned quite a lot from Mickey, right?). Also, a Frozen world is pretty much confirmed for KH3, and the idea of Elsa fearing her powers is very, VERY similar to the situations Riku has been through the games, isn't it? Just like how he inspired Quasimodo to go outside and see the world, I can see Riku giving Elsa some really good advices about controlling her fears/powers or something like that.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but, I think that, once again, Sora might, MIGHT be the only playable character in KH3, where he and Donald and Goofy will visit the Disney worlds from the beggining of the original movie story to the end. You see, Riku and Mickey will be too busy finding a way to the Realm of Darkness (in order to rescue Aqua) and finding previous Keyblade wielders (as stated by SE in their press conference at KH3 E3 2013, remember?). While Kairi and Lea must hasten their training if they take part in the final battle against the 13th darknesses.

Anyway, leave your thoughts here, everybody, pretty please.

I really want all the other characters to be playable as well but my vision is a little bit different than yours.

Being a bigger game than the others, I don't think the team would have the time to do a complete battle set for all characters like Sora, with their own keyblade transformation and stuff... so what I would like to see is when Dora reaches a certain point in the game, it will automatically change the playable character.

For example when Sora finishes his first visit in Olympus, the game will show a cutscenes of Riku and Mickey talking and smoothly turn the gameplay to Riku (pretty much like in 0.2). Their story would follow them on the realm of darkness until they rescue Aqua.

After they rescue her, we will play as Aqua until she reaches Castle Oblivion to get Ven, and then we would control Ven while they search for Terra.

For Kairi and Lea, I'd like to see them going after the princesses of heart and taking them to the Mysterious Tower to protect them from Xehanort (you know, 13 darkness and 7 lights...maybe the princesses will have a role in this game).

All of those parts would be more linear and as you keep going opening chests and doing something specific, it would unlock abilities for each character. Also the playable characters would be changeable, for example the first time we get to see Riku and Mickey, we would play as Riku until certain point, go back to play as Sora and the next time we would control Mickey. The same goes for the others.

In my point of view, this way doesn't break the story telling or radical changes on gameplay...at least this is what I'd like to see in the game.