•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

GameStop website lists Kingdom Hearts III as available for pre-order, with placeholder release date

KH3

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Raxaimus

Raxaimus

That guy who posts about that mobile game.

• Kingdom Hearts χ Team (+)
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

GameStop have posted two Kingdom Hearts III pre-order listings on their website. According to their listings, Kingdom Hearts III is being sold for the PlayStation 4 as well as the Xbox One for $59.99 USD. The game has no description available and has a placeholder date of 12/31/2019 (please note that this date is merely a placeholder at this point in time). As the game gets more concrete information, GameStop will update these listings to match.

GameStop KH3 PlayStation 4 ListingGameStop KH3 Xbox One Listing

Will you be pre-ordering Kingdom Hearts III from GameStop? Let us know in the comments below!

Click here to view the article

#2 PrinceNoctis

PrinceNoctis

Just call me "Highness" ;)

• 2,020 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Ah ship! I sure hope that's not the release year :( I know it doesn't mean much since it's a placeholder but it's awfully weird that they chose 2019...they usually just put december 31st of the year were in...

#3 Tails

Tails

Advanced Member

• 7,745 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

I'm honestly not gonna take this seriously. This is GameStop we're talking about. They make place holder dates all the time. If we get a release year from the new KH3 trailer than that would be nice. Otherwise, not gonna take GameStop seriously.

#4 Komali

Komali
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

It's obviously a placeholder, but it's strange that they chose 2019 instead of 2018.

I'm okay with early 2019 tbh.

#5 Alja

Alja

Misguided Master

• 82 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

They probably just took SE's schedule that stated a release until 2020 and thus put the last day of 2019 as the release day. This way, if KH3 doesn't get an actual release day before the end of 2018, they won't have to change anything. It means nothing at all and I doubt Game Stop would have any information whatsoever.

#6 Aqua7KH

Aqua7KH

Roleplay Elite

• 3,113 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

It's obviously a placeholder, but it's strange that they chose 2019 instead of 2018.

I'm okay with early 2019 tbh.

That's not early 2019. That's the day before 2020.

#7 Geralt

Geralt

Professional Monster Hunter

• 2,809 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:58 PM

This doesn't really mean much in my opinion. A number of games get put on a placeholder date by publishers/merchants with pre-orders made available. There are games that have been sitting on pre-order for years.

#8 Komali

Komali
  • 774 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:02 PM

That's not early 2019. That's the day before 2020.

I know, I am just saying that I'm okay with an early 2019 release. Everything after this would be too late in my opinion.

#9 MythrilMagician

MythrilMagician

Darkness

• 2,488 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:12 PM

Lol, EB Games and Amazon have already had them available for ages. What's strange isn't the placeholders, but how long it took for Gamestop to make it available for pre-order.

#10 Daard

Daard
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

I had pre ordered Kingdom Hearts 3 for arround a year on the German Amazon site

#11 Merilly

Merilly
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:33 PM

Ah ship! I sure hope that's not the release year :( I know it doesn't mean much since it's a placeholder but it's awfully weird that they chose 2019...they usually just put december 31st of the year were in...

You're right, it's usually different but if I were them, I would have chosen 2019 as well. A lot of people don't realize it's a placeholder date and when it comes to games like KH3 with no real tentative schedule disclosed to the public, it's probably better to choose a later date to avoid unnecessary changes until something official rolls around. It's not like 2018 is completely out of the question but for a game we know so little about, it's not unlikely it may become 2019.

Either way, I won't pre-order anything until we get more information on a potential Collector's/Limited Edition since I do think we will get one. I don't want to cancel orders, and the regular version of the game will be available for pre-order at any point in time, I assume. There's no need to rush this for something that doesn't have limited quantities.

#12 BlankShell

BlankShell

Amazing Cyber Sleuth

• 1,975 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

...did they not have this already? Amazon's had a listing up for years now.

Might pre-order from Gamestop depending on the CE status, but that's a ways off anyway.

#13 Alja

Alja

Misguided Master

• 82 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:23 PM

...did they not have this already? Amazon's had a listing up for years now.

Amazon did, but with "TBA" instead of a tentative release date. I don't know about Game Stop, but if they had the listing, it must've been TBA as well.

#14 KingdomHearts3

KingdomHearts3

In the final chapter...

• 4,585 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

Another placeholder... I wonder why they bother when nothing has been announced yet.

#15 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Guardian Of Darkness!"

• 11,805 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:56 PM

Thank you for showing this to us, Raxaimus!

So, another placeholder, eh? Interesting that they put 2019 as the placeholder year...but then again, it is just a placeholder! Nothing is confirmed until big man Nomura himself says so! So we have the release window/date still up in the air! I wanna know!!! X_X

#16 Kaweebo

Kaweebo

Blue Hair Enthusiast

• 3,209 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:18 AM

If KHIII really doesn't come out until 2020 I'm gonna lose my goddamn mind.

#17 LAA

LAA
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

Probably about right with what the signs from interviews lately are pointing to.
Just embarassing, announced it before the PS4 launched and it's looking like it'll be released leading up to the PS5, if not after it being launched.