Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
XTREEMMAK

Project Kingdom XIII - UPDATE [02/22]: Full Part 1 Track List!

UPDATE [02/22/2018]:

Greetings all,

Hope everyone is STILL HYPED from D23! That said, I have some news of my own :D

The project is progressing nicely and thought to try something I've never tried before. So as of today, I've released the full track list for Project Kingdom XIII - Part 1 for your viewing pleasure plus more details and also how/where it will be available for download!

Full details here: http://bit.ly/2ELN3TT

------------------------

Greetings all,

So looking back through my post history, I thought I posted information about this project a long time ago, but it looks like I forgot ^_^'. I probably briefly mentioned it, and a few of you guys seemed interested in me going ahead with it so I guess its time to explain it in detail...also not to mention I have new details as well :D

The Project's Initial Flow:
Right now, I'm working on a remix named "Should I Stay". The song loosely follows the tracks "Simple and Clean" and "Sanctuary" by Utada Hikaru from Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. The style of the track will be a blend of rock, electronic, and interestingly enough hip-hop, featuring two main vocalists; a female and male singer (very good btw), and a rap duo to fill the track.

The track borrows arrangement details from the originals (some lyrics and even some of the reverse lines from Sanctuary :3), but takes its own chances by creating new rhythmic directions, interesting key changes, and brand new lyrics; injecting aspects that you may already find familiar in a cleaver sort of way ^_^. I'm really putting my all into this one and hope you will enjoy it when finished! 

What Comes Next:
Well, I want to record a studio video for this as well. I've secured our recording space but I'm still looking for a guitarist at the moment. But more importantly, after this track is complete, I do plan on opening up the project to an EP of at least 3 tracks. HOWEVER, I also plan on Kickstarting it so I can possibly take the EP up to 7 or more tracks.

What other tracks are Planned?
For the initial three, "This is Halloween", and a unique track based on Final Fantasy (no, not One Winged Angel. It's something else, and somewhat of a surprise xD) but in the vein of Kingdom Hearts (possibly getting some special help with this one).

For the kickstarted, I won't spoil it for you, but in the pipe line, a new track based off of Hallow Bastion and Scherzo di Notte (have to clarify the name, but possibly thinking of naming it Rondo di Familiar Notte), featuring a four string quartet and a few other musicians including the ones mentioned in "Should I Stay" (they're already excited for it. Me too xD). And of course, Dearly Beloved is in there. Who knows, when we get more details on KH3 (including Utada's new intro song due soon), we might be able to do some more based on what we know from that upcoming game.

Suggestions?
Needless to say, I wouldn't mind a few song suggestions that you guys might want to see us do/remix or covered. Perhaps something extremely out there like....idk....that one song that plays one time when Sora turns into a Heartless or something....for whatever reason xD.

Conclusion
That about covers everything thus far guys. Its a huge undertaking for sure, especially considering how far I want to take it. I possibly will start a small site for email signups and notifications, and I do plan on visiting my local con in the next few weeks to help spread the word; I'm doing all a single guy can atm lol. 

With that, I leave you with a very small rough preview of part of the song. I still have some ways to go and there are no vocals just yet, but it's coming along nicely.

Take care and ENJOY! 

Edited by Jamaal Okeen Ephriam

Wow, this is great, man! I love that there are so many passionate and creative fans here in the community who make things like this! Your project shows great promise, and I listened to the small clip from Should I Stay, and it sounds badass!

Hey, if Project Destati was able to get their feet up and running and get a following, I'm sure Project Kingdom XIII will follow behind successfully! I wish you the best of luck with this endeavor! Don't give up, God bless, and may your heart be your guiding key! :D

UPDATE [07/23/2017]:

I've officially just launched the website for Project Kingdom XIII! Be sure to view on your PC/Mac for a special movie.

http://pkxiii.com

Also yes,

I do realize the name is also "Pixie". Wasn't intended but nice. Heck, maybe Tinker Bell should be our mascot  xD.

PKXIII_Facebook.jpg

Hey guys,

It's been some time so I thought I'd update you guys on progress.

I guess this "could" be an announcement, but I'm steadily progressing to release the first track of the project this month!

In other news, plans for making this at least a three track project are steady, though I did have some delay due to a few musicians. The unfortunate effect of this put a hold on a rather involved track I originally wanted to release in December. None the less, an alternative track has been planned instead and depending on how things go, will save that problem track for a later date, probably sometime next year. 

All tracks will be on my YouTube and Soundcloud for free download as soon as they are available. For advanced updates (and events), please don't forget to submit your email over at the project's site (http://pkxiii.com). A new site update is due soon as well so look out for that.

That about covers everything. Thank you guys for you continued support and interest :D

UPDATE [12/11/2017]:

Greetings all,

I hope you are all doing great and staying warm for the winter! With the year almost over (yay KH3 IS GETTING CLOSER!!!), we have an exciting update for Project Kingdom XIII!

November was met with an unfortunate delay due to unforeseen circumstances, however for the month of December, I bring you TWO gifts! So expect a new track for Project Kingdom XIII on December 13th and another on December 25th, downloadable for free via the PKXIII playlist on Soundcloud and YouTube.

If you haven’t already checked out the first track released for the project, it’s never too late to get your spoopy on. Check out the six part acapella cover of “This is Halloween” blended in with “Spooks of Halloween Town” by Yoko Shimomura here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630qZjiANwQ

As always, you can expect direct updates if you sign up at the project’s website over at http://pkxiii.com

More tracks to come in the coming year. I will shoot for as many tracks as I can. Looking forward to all your comments and feedback and it’ll be a pleasure entertaining you further! Please remember to like, share, and subscribe.

Happy Holidays!

UPDATE [01/15/2018]:

Greetings all,

Hope you're still staying warm on these frigid days. Stay safe out there! 

Had some unfortunate delays with the next track for Project Kingdom XIII but all is still a go. That said, I've originally started this project to be a short EP project, but have stated that with the right support, I'd like to take this to a 13 track album. Well, I'm happy to announce that I've just started a Patreon page to support and further production. You can find the page here: http://patreon.com/keyjayhd

Initial contributions will go to finalization of each song (mastering), however one of the big things I hope to do is secure a four string quartet for one of the songs. For the other arrangements, I have other instrumentalists in mind. A full breakdown of utilization, history, etc. can all be found on that page.

In any case, success of fail, you will still get a great project, whether that be 4 tracks or 13, with a unique taste to the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack that I hope you all are loving thus far.

Lastly, I'll leave you with this little number I did for the Patreon Announcement. 

ENJOY!

Edited by Jamaal Okeen Ephriam

Greetings all,

Hope everyone is STILL HYPED from D23! That said, I have some news of my own :D

The project is progressing nicely and thought to try something I've never tried before. So as of today, I've released the full track list for Project Kingdom XIII - Part 1 for your viewing pleasure plus more details and also how/where it will be available for download!

Full details here: http://bit.ly/2ELN3TT