Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
RoxasVen30

Any 3ds games recommendation?

I am looking mostly for platformers, rpg or adventure game for 3ds. (games similar to tales of abyss, KH 3D or Azure Strike Gunvolt mainly, but I will consider any suggestion)

I would highly recommend Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.  I haven't played Paper Jam yet, but I loved Dream Team.  A great RPG with a fun combat system and amazing soundtrack.

Do you like strategy games?  If so, Fire Emblem: Awakening or the Fates series would be excellent choices.  Those are among my very favorite titles for my 3DS, and I've locked so many hours of gameplay on them.  Their story is great as well, with amazing characters to boot.

Unfortunately the 3DS doesn't really have many RPG options that are worthwhile that I have tried, though I wish it did because the 3DS is among my favorite consoles.

I would highly recommend Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.  I haven't played Paper Jam yet, but I loved Dream Team.  A great RPG with a fun combat system and amazing soundtrack.

That reminds me that a remake of the gameboy one is coming later this year. I played Bowser inside story ( just a little) and enjoy it..

I know a good platformer that has yet to be released but will probably be fun to play! Metroid Samus Returns releases this September, and it is a remake of the second Metroid game but with new elements and better graphics.

Aside from that, Pokemon is always a good choice, and no matter what main series title you get, they all have their positives as well as their negatives, but mostly positive.

There are good titles in the form of Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Zelda, etc. but you need to do your research before you buy so you don't end up with a terrible title, such as Paper Mario Sticker Star! :)

I don't really know many role playing titles for the system. I would say check out Bravely Default, but it wasn't my cup of tea, so I'm not saying that. Although, there is Ever Oasis coming out which seems like a Square Enix game meets Zelda in a way. I don't know much about it, but it looked fun for what gameplay they showed at the Treehouse Live during E3 showcase.

If you like tactical RPGs, then Fire Emblem is a fantastic series to get into. You should check out Awakening, as that was a good game, and Shadows of Valentia! Those are the ones I have played since I am new to that series myself.

Also, if you just want to play indie games and/or classic Nintendo games, you could also go to the eshop for that. They have a good variety of games like that, including games like Box Boy and its series where you are solving puzzles on a side scrolling adventure, it has a free demo if you want to check it out. And if you are still unsure about some titles, some titles have a demo on the eshop that you can download and play the game before you buy it.

I can't think of anything else really, just look around Nintendo.com and the Nintendo eshop and I'm sure you will find a title that you enjoy! :)

I am looking mostly for platformers, rpg or adventure game for 3ds. (games similar to tales of abyss, KH 3D or Azure Strike Gunvolt mainly, but I will consider any suggestion)

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

Kirby Planet Robobot

Shantae & The Pirate's Curse

Zelda:Majora's Mask 3D

Pokemon Sun & Moon

Kid Icarus Uprising

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D(if you have New 3DS)

Fire Emblem Awakening

Cave Story

Shovel Knight

Bravely Default

And finally in September 15th,Metroid Samus Returns

I'll add to the above recommendations with the Dragon Quest games. I haven't gotten around to picking up VIII yet, but VII is a complete remake of the original Dragon Quest VII on PS1 (Dragon Warrior VII outside Japan), and it's an absolutely incredible RPG.

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Mario & Luigi Dream Team

Kirby Planet Robobot

Shantae & The Pirate's Curse

Zelda:Majora's Mask 3D

Pokemon Sun & Moon

Kid Icarus Uprising

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D(if you have New 3DS)

Fire Emblem Awakening

Cave Story

Shovel Knight

Bravely Default

And finally in September 15th,Metroid Samus Returns

Great list, but honestly, you're better off getting Fire Emblem Echoes. Sure, it doesn't follow the conventional Fire Emblem weapon triangle and child-making, but it has a far better narrative, and a better dub to compensate for it. I stress, get yourself Fire Emblem Echoes, not Awakening, not Fates, Fire Emblem Echoes.

Here's a personal recommendation, Project X Zone 2. It's arguably the best video game cross-over franchise around, and it's dirt cheap right now.

Great list, but honestly, you're better off getting Fire Emblem Echoes. Sure, it doesn't follow the conventional Fire Emblem weapon triangle and child-making, but it has a far better narrative, and a better dub to compensate for it. I stress, get yourself Fire Emblem Echoes, not Awakening, not Fates, Fire Emblem Echoes.

Here's a personal recommendation, Project X Zone 2. It's arguably the best video game cross-over franchise around, and it's dirt cheap right now.

True I would've recommended Echoes too but Awakening is pretty good and it's better to start with the first of the modern FE games to get familiar with the mechanics

As far as recommendations go I can easily recommend (while echoing what a few others have already said): 

RPGS

- Fire Emblem Awakening and/or Fire Emblem Echoes  (probably go with Awakening if it'll be your first FE game, but Echoes is great too)

- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (if you have a New 3DS)

- Bravely Default & Bravely Second

- Earthbound (SNES game available on Virtual Console if you have the New 3DS)

- Pokemon OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire and/or Pokemon Sun & Moon

Platformers

- Super Metroid (SNES game available on Virtual Console if you have the New 3DS)

- Box Boy / BoxBox Boy / Bye-Bye Box Boy (one is fine, but the games are like €5/$5 each and the trilogy is solid) (They are puzzle platformers)

- Shantae & The Pirate's Curse

- Cave Story

- Super Mario Bros. 3

- Super Mario World (SNES game available on Virtual Console if you have the New 3DS)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, :P

Adding in a couple others:

Fire Emblem Fates - Yeah, it gets a lot of hate from series veterans, but I really enjoy what I've played of Fates (Finished Birthright, making decent progress in Conquest). I consider it to be a step above Awakening in terms of gameplay mechanics, and while Conquest's story gets a little frustrating with how dumb Corrin is sometimes, I liked Birthright. Some people expect every game to have a super deep flawless story, but I thought Fates was fine in terms of writing. Not the most emotional story ever, sure, but I liked it.

Blaster Master Zero - I just picked this one up today on the Switch, but I know it's also on the 3DS. I've been having a blast with it so far (pun intended). It feels like it'll be a little on the short side, but it's pretty cheap and there's a new hard mode that was recently added in too.

True I would've recommended Echoes too but Awakening is pretty good and it's better to start with the first of the modern FE games to get familiar with the mechanics

I'd still disagree on that. The modern Fire Emblem mechanics are present in more than just Awakening. I can guarantee you that the Switch mainline Fire Emblem game has the modern mechanics too. Echoes on the other hand is a black sheep to the whole series so it's a hidden gem of a video game that breaks conventions.

Blaster Master Zero - I just picked this one up today on the Switch, but I know it's also on the 3DS. I've been having a blast with it so far (pun intended). It feels like it'll be a little on the short side, but it's pretty cheap and there's a new hard mode that was recently added in too.

What kind of game is this one?

What kind of game is this one?

Oops, sorry. It's a platformer and a sort-of reboot of the original Blaster Master game on the NES. It's a retro platformer with some more modern conventions mixed in too (Controls are tighter, it's a lot more forgiving than a lot of older games, etc.). It also has some pretty cheap DLC that lets you play as characters from some other games published by the same company (Azure Striker Gunvolt and Gal Gun to be specific), and they both have completely different playstyles from the normal protagonist, so I'd assume that adds more replay value as well. I haven't tried them out yet, but they both look really fun to play as.