Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
animemylove

Could we be getting KH3 in an episodic release?

Kingdom Hearts III is hardly anywhere close to finished from what I can tell from the last trailer, but now there's news that we will be receiving 'final information' on the game next month. Since we have only really seen Olympus in every trailer to date, do you think the news will involve Square trying to push the game out in an episodic release to get the game out earlier? This type of release format only seems to work for games revolving heavily around a strong story and could work well with Kingdom Hearts, but idk how I would feel if this was actually the case. It could be cool to see the game out sooner than anyone anticipated, and having a full world to explore every couple of months could be enough to keep the fanbase at bay. What do you guys think?

I feel like a lot more than Olympus is all done, and that Nomura's just keeping in the dark. So I don't think I'd mind an episodic release as long as each episode was a few worlds each, that being said, I feel like they should still release it as a whole instead. Or half soon and the other half later on. I feel like KHIII is going to be a very long game, so half being released would still be a substantial amount. Maybe even quarter?

Edited by Doco56

I don't think it will. An episodic release works for FFVIIR because the game is a remake and not an entirely new title. Fans can be patient with that because the story is known and while there may be changes/additions, it is, essentially, still the same story.

Then there's the fact that it was revealed right away that it would be episodic in nature, which was to be expected since someone from SE once said a remake would take at least 10 years to develop. Revealing an episodic KH3 now is not the smartest idea after such a long development time already and fans would probably not appreciate it. Mainly because people want to experience the story as a whole and not divided into parts which may be released years apart.

It worked for Life is Strange because the game is still relatively short and each episode was released within months of the last. KH3 is a lot bigger than that and it could mean that the first episode may be completely different in terms of quality than the last.

To be honest, I want to play the whole game without having to play that part again and again to remind myself what I was doing before the next part comes out... I don't think final information implies that. At least I hope it doesn't.

Well the whole "Final information" could be a loss translation so I wouldn't be counting my chickens until they hatch.  Nomura did say at the last KH Concert in LA that if the fans where excited about the news we heard this month then we will be even more excited for next month.  Now that could mean that the world that will be revealed is one that a lot of the fans have been waiting on but I'm sure we are going to be getting a lot of information about Kingdom Hearts 3 soon.  I do not want an episodic release of Kingdom Hearts 3, like Tails said it's bad enough that they are doing that for Final Fantasy VII I don't want them to do this for Kingdom Hearts 3 as well.

please no.

i'm thinking the only reason we aren't seeing more worlds is because the world reveals are a good way for them to drum up excitement for the game. it's fun to guess which world is next and if they just throw in a lot of worlds into a trailer they lose all that hype and build up. 

if we get an episodic release i might just end up waiting till the whole thing is done. i mean we shouldn't get an episodic release anyways. i don't feel like KH3 would be a good kind of game to break up into multiple chunks. 

Does anybody remember what happened with Hitman and it's episodic releases? I don't want that fate for Kingdom Hearts.

I don't get why everyone's saying "Kingdom Hearts III is clearly a while away". Yes, they've only shown one world in the trailer (and it looked completely finished btw), but that may be because they chose to do so and not because they didn't have anything else to show. We're jumping to conclusions here.

No one would be happy about an Episodic release.

I don't get why everyone's saying "Kingdom Hearts III is clearly a while away". Yes, they've only shown one world in the trailer (and it looked completely finished btw), but that may be because they chose to do so and not because they didn't have anything else to show. We're jumping to conclusions here.

That's the thing

We don't know if the game is no where near completion or if it's near completion and that Nomura is teasing us.

agreed. Maybe they want us to believe the game is a long shot away from getting released so they won't have to worry about constantly making trailer for the game until the time is right, which is around this time 

Agreed. The game looks honestly a lot farther than we imagined, and this new trailer is proof of it. People saying the game is far away based solely on the fact that only one world has been shown lately is just ridiculous. What, you want this whole game practically spoiled? Cause I sure don't. Heck, if it were up to me, just show Hercules, Tangled, and BH6 from now on and I'm fine. I want to go into the game and be surprised and excited by the worlds they choose, that's part of the joy of playing KH new.

Look, honestly, it seems people are getting the wrong idea from the trailers we've gotten. Sure, we've only seen Mt. Olympus most of the time, but we've also seen Twilight Town, the Mysterious Tower and the Kingdom Of Corona, though slightly! And remember, with Kingdom Hearts III being the biggest game in the series yet, I'm sure that Nomura wouldn't want to reveal too many worlds anyway, because I'm sure he wants to keep them under wraps so that we'll all be surprised by the time that the game comes into our possession! If we see too much before the game release, people will complain that the game is practically spoiled, so I'm satisfied with what we've seen, ya know?

But anyways, I do not believe KHIII should be episodic. This would only probably alienate fans, and every KH fan in general, since we've all experienced all the other entries in the KH saga completely! Our wish is that we get to experience the game completely from beginning to end! So I'm hoping the game isn't episodic! It should be a complete finale, not fragmented!

Next month we'll find out more about the game, as Nomura has teased!

agree. we have no idea how far in dev. they Are. And since cutscenes Are one of the last Thing they Are making. then Maybe the game Are closer to finish then we things.

Agreed. The game looks honestly a lot farther than we imagined, and this new trailer is proof of it. People saying the game is far away based solely on the fact that only one world has been shown lately is just ridiculous. What, you want this whole game practically spoiled? Cause I sure don't. Heck, if it were up to me, just show Hercules, Tangled, and BH6 from now on and I'm fine. I want to go into the game and be surprised and excited by the worlds they choose, that's part of the joy of playing KH new.

I'm not saying they don't have a lot more than they're showing done, though I believe it was confirmed that they just started working on new unannounced worlds fairly recently. And I understand people aren't looking for a huge amount of spoilers, honestly I can live without any story details, but I think showing Olympus was worse than say a small portion of Tangled or BH6, it would've been a nice surprise to have an area up in the clouds. I just think it's weird they only focus on Hercules now.