Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Mystics Apprentice

Tetsuya Nomura to provide "final information" on Kingdom Hearts III at D23 Expo 2017

Tonight at the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - in LA, the Kingdom Hearts series' director Tetsuya Nomura has made another appearance. As translated by the official concert interpreter, Nomura tells fans that he will return in a month for D23 Expo 2017 on July 15, 2017, with "final information" on Kingdom Hearts III. We do not yet know the content of this final information, but we do know that at D23 Expo 2017 we will see a new world reveal as well as a new trailer, as was announced in the most recent Kingdom Hearts III trailer from yesterday's LA concert.

UPDATE 1: At yesterdays Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - in LA, Kingdom Hearts director Tetsuya Nomura made his third appearance. According to @SkywardWing on Twitter, who was at the concert, Nomura tells fans that, as translated by the official concert interpreter, "If this month's announcements made you happy, next month's will make you even happier." He is referring to the upcoming news and trailer at next month's D23 Expo 2017 on July 15th.

UPDATE 2: During the final Kingdom Hearts Orchestra - World Tour - in Osaka, Japan, Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura stated that they raised expectations high for the new Kingdom Hearts III information and news being revealed at D23 2017. He makes sure to note that it will be "normal" Kingdom Hearts III news, and he would like people to spread this word.

Click here to view the article

Final information? More like... Final Mix information /shotshotshot

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how exactly to interpret this. ._.

Some of us at the concert interpreted it as "release date", but that's wild speculation. Don't cling to it.

Some of us at the concert interpreted it as "release date", but that's wild speculation. Don't cling to it.

When it comes to a release date for KH3, we should never get our hopes up. But "final information" really leads everyone to think about the release date... fingers crossed!

In all seriousness, I'm not sure how exactly to interpret this. ._.

Final information means that we will get clarification about the development status of KH3 and what or when we can expect something in the future. This is how I interpret it.

It does not necessarily mean that we will get a release date, just that the fanbase isn't left anymore in the dark.

This may be my optimism at full force here, but I interpret this as the last info about the game before release, meaning if that is the case, a definitive release date is more than likely what will show.

BUT this is just my poor poor attempt at interpreting a Nomura comment, haha. As much as I crave and hope for a release date, I'm just ready for that juicy new footage. We'll know when it comes.

I don't even need another world announcement. Just a projected 'it will probably release around this time barring no major complications' estimation would be great.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but considering the fact that we have only seen two worlds so far and barely three cutscene snippets -- given Square's record, "final" dangerously sounds like the final bit before they return to a two year hiatus postponing any planned winter announcements until E3 2019...

But seriously, given the infuriatingly slow pace of Unchained / Union Cross, which they probably intend to finish before the release of KHIII, it will take until 2018 to even catch up with the Japanese version and there is no clear conclusion to the plot in any way...

So, if this is any indication, a late 2019 release sounds plausible if they update Chi to a more climactic conclusion in 2018. Maybe some updates for the PS4 collections and then full promotion in 2019 maybe a delay until 2020. 

At this point, I am not very optimistic...

Nevertheless, the new trailer looks stunning. They put a lot of effort into the Disney characters, you can tell they are working with Disney Animation to perfect the looks. Sora looks incredible now too, I am glad they used 0.2 as a playground to perfect the models. If the new Chi medal renders are an indication, I am excited to see the final scenes. Ansem etc. need some more work, though...

Not to burst anyone's bubble but considering the fact that we have only seen two worlds so far and barely three cutscene snippets -- given Square's record, "final" dangerously sounds like the final bit before they return to a two year hiatus postponing any planned winter announcements until E3 2019...

But seriously, given the infuriatingly slow pace of Unchained / Union Cross, which they probably intend to finish before the release of KHIII, it will take until 2018 to even catch up with the Japanese version and there is no clear conclusion to the plot in any way...

So, if this is any indication, a late 2019 release sounds plausible if they update Chi to a more climactic conclusion in 2018. Maybe some updates for the PS4 collections and then full promotion in 2019 maybe a delay until 2020. 

At this point, I am not very optimistic...

Nevertheless, the new trailer looks stunning. They put a lot of effort into the Disney characters, you can tell they are working with Disney Animation to perfect the looks. Sora looks incredible now too, I am glad they used 0.2 as a playground to perfect the models. If the new Chi medal renders are an indication, I am excited to see the final scenes. Ansem etc. need some more work, though...

It's clear that they don't care if we catch up to jp or not, 2.8 is proof of that.

I somehow also feel like there was some kind of misunderstanding or mistranslation?

Not to be too optimistic, but usually, final information is provided close to a release date. 2.8 had its last trailer one month before its release and quite frankly, KH3 seems to be very far away from that.

2017 doesn't seem to be an option, which is good because we haven't really seen much of the game and quite a few things still need some work.

I don't know either what that should be interpreted as, but I doubt the word final refers to last in this case. Might be final before they go into full promotion, set a release date/year, go on a merry break to let us wait, etc.

Edited by Merilly