•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Announced For PS4

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Hero of Light XIV

Hero of Light XIV
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:12 PM

Noctis should make an appearence in the game eventually. But Sora won't be in it since the is a FF-only fighting game. Plus the fact that Disney owns the characters in KH and don't want KH characters in a fighting game like Dissidia.

I can't stress enough how much that pisses me off. Like what logic is there in that? Your characters are already fighting other Final Fantasy characters in your own games, what makes the prospect of having just one or two of them in a FF fighting game unappealing to you!? It's not like you're throwing Donald and Goofy into a pit with Sephiroth to die or anything, you'd be using Sora, the character that was designed to fight off FF and Disney characters alike! The hypocrisy just baffles me!!

Still, there may be a light at the end of this tunnel, with KH3 on the horizon, maybe Disney will be a little more keen to take whatever chances they can to promote KH in some small ways. I mean they featured Sora as a summonable champion in World of Final Fantasy, it's not too different from what you would do here. I mean, yeah I understand there's a fundamental difference in genre here, tactical rpg vs rpg-styled fighting game, but it's still the same in spirit, it's Sora being thrown into a crossover FF game, it shows that they are capable of letting go of the idea that they need to keep Sora away from anything that is not strictly Kingdom Hearts. It doesn't necessarily guarantee that Sora would be featured in Dissidia NT (if anything they could still be dicks and keep him out of it, making the double-standard even more frustrating), but it at least shows that there's slightly more hope of it being a possibility than before. Or at least, as much hope as there was for Sora potentially being in Smash 4 with the fan-voting, and even then that didn't turn out that way. I'm just saying it feels less like a "99% NO" now and more like a "75-80% No". 

But Sora not being in this is one thing, I can understand and live with that (begrudgingly), but if they don't add Noctis into this at any time, I'm going to be convinced that both Disney AND Square have lost their marbles, may as well not have Link in Super Smash Bros 5 while you're at it.

#22 Shulk

Shulk

Heir to the Monado

• 8,954 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

Let's just hope they actually start revealing new characters now instead of hyping up returning characters.

#23 SuperSmashDrake

SuperSmashDrake

Flowmotion sickness

• 175 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:47 PM

So much hype.

#24 Alpha Baymax

Alpha Baymax

The Mayor of Mechonis

• 2,970 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

I can't stress enough how much that pisses me off. Like what logic is there in that? Your characters are already fighting other Final Fantasy characters in your own games, what makes the prospect of having just one or two of them in a FF fighting game unappealing to you!? It's not like you're throwing Donald and Goofy into a pit with Sephiroth to die or anything, you'd be using Sora, the character that was designed to fight off FF and Disney characters alike! The hypocrisy just baffles me!!

Still, there may be a light at the end of this tunnel, with KH3 on the horizon, maybe Disney will be a little more keen to take whatever chances they can to promote KH in some small ways. I mean they featured Sora as a summonable champion in World of Final Fantasy, it's not too different from what you would do here. I mean, yeah I understand there's a fundamental difference in genre here, tactical rpg vs rpg-styled fighting game, but it's still the same in spirit, it's Sora being thrown into a crossover FF game, it shows that they are capable of letting go of the idea that they need to keep Sora away from anything that is not strictly Kingdom Hearts. It doesn't necessarily guarantee that Sora would be featured in Dissidia NT (if anything they could still be dicks and keep him out of it, making the double-standard even more frustrating), but it at least shows that there's slightly more hope of it being a possibility than before. Or at least, as much hope as there was for Sora potentially being in Smash 4 with the fan-voting, and even then that didn't turn out that way. I'm just saying it feels less like a "99% NO" now and more like a "75-80% No". 

Sora was in World of Final Fantasy because that game is intentionally designed to cater to children. Disney's market is children. Put two and two together and you see why the inclusion of Sora naturally makes sense. It's nothing to do with the irony of game design, World of Final Fantasy and Dissidia is Apples and Oranges.

Still, this is a definite purchase for me. I just want Vayne Solidor as the villain representing Final Fantasy XII instead of Gabranth.

Let's just hope they actually start revealing new characters now instead of hyping up returning characters.

I. CANNOT. STRESS. THIS. ENOUGH!

Edited by Alpha Baymax, 07 June 2017 - 02:57 PM.

#25 Kenneth Choo

Kenneth Choo
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:02 PM

Materia?Why Materia,its like the Magical spheres of FFVII,that's what I'll have in mind when I'll hear it in the game especially if Cloud say it in the story mode lol

I have no idea why. Their names are just Spiritus (villain side) and Materia (hero side).

What ? It's a reboot ?

Oh well. Not like the story was a strength of the original Dissidias. But that means there will be no Cosmos nor Chaos. I'll side with the majority of you up there, not fond of the two new "gods". Cosmos was more graceful and Chaos will intimidating. At least, the last shot of them facing makes me think that these two will be playable.

I'm so glad that this game has finally and release window and I'll pick it for sure. I hope there will be a 1v1 feature or something.

According to gematsu, Noctis will be in the PS4 version, finally I will be pleased to play as Noctis. (Because... Final Fantasy XV isn't my thing... at all.)

And finally DLCs. I'm waiting to see what their have under their sleeves. Maybe Sora will be there, (Just like World of Final Fantasy) They annonced they would continue to backup the arcade version with some new content, characters but to what extent ? I really hope there won't be like 10 new characters, 5$ each.

My final words will be : I want a Crisis Core character. Maybe not Zack, maybe not Angeal, not AT LEAST Genesis. Plz. Thank you. 

Yup, it's a reboot. It's a PS4 port of the new Japanese arcade game (not actually new anymore since it has been around 2 years).

It'll be a totally new story written by writer Kazushige Nojima (notable for Final Fantasy VII Remake, Final Fantasy XV (as original writer), Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, and Kingdom Hearts II).

#26 PrinceNoctis

PrinceNoctis

Just call me "Highness" ;)

• 2,020 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

Um...what? I think you replied to the wrong post lol.

No I'm not lol, someone asked you if these were the new models for Chaos and Cosmos and you answered "Yeah they are". I should've quoted the question too to make things clearer. My bad.

#27 Hero of Light XIV

Hero of Light XIV
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Sora was in World of Final Fantasy because that game is intentionally designed to cater to children. Disney's market is children. Put two and two together and you see why the inclusion of Sora naturally makes sense. It's nothing to do with the irony of game design, World of Final Fantasy and Dissidia is Apples and Oranges.

Still, this is a definite purchase for me. I just want Vayne Solidor as the villain representing Final Fantasy XII instead of Gabranth.

I. CANNOT. STRESS. THIS. ENOUGH!

The game series still features characters that originated from T to M rated games, I think the "think of the children" argument is a pretty worn out one. It's not like everyone's cursing or bleeding in KH, sure, but the fact is that if Disney is trying to hide behind the excuse that "we only do things for children" while making PG-13 movies and associating with another company's franchise that can already get a little mature on it's own, they've officially lost any benefit of the doubt I may have given them. They're just being foolish while thinking they're playing it safe, nothing more to it.

#28 Alpha Baymax

Alpha Baymax

The Mayor of Mechonis

• 2,970 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:57 PM

The game series still features characters that originated from T to M rated games, I think the "think of the children" argument is a pretty worn out one. It's not like everyone's cursing or bleeding in KH, sure, but the fact is that if Disney is trying to hide behind the excuse that "we only do things for children" while making PG-13 movies and associating with another company's franchise that can already get a little mature on it's own, they've officially lost any benefit of the doubt I may have given them. They're just being foolish while thinking they're playing it safe, nothing more to it.

Except that there is more to it. Darker characters can still be catered towards children, children characters catered towards a teenage audience is an entirely different story. Let me give you an example of what I mean by that. Guardians of the Galaxy in their original Marvel Cinematic Universe incarnation is a profane movie, targeted towards the mature market. Thing is though, Guardians of the Galaxy's animated series is different because it's designed for children. You can't do the same with a Disney property like Big Hero 6. The cinematic movie started off as a movie primarily for children. Making Big Hero 6 profane all of a sudden would damage the Big Hero 6 brand, because unlike The Guardians of The Galaxy, it's cinematic origins was never intended for a mature audience.

With Disney, and Kingdom Hearts, you have to think of the children. Sure, you're not a child, and I'm not a child, but Kingdom Hearts is designed in such a way that it's catered more towards the Disney Animation side of things as opposed to Touchstone (the label that Disney use to use for their mature content), and Disney Animation is for children just as much as adults. At best, Kingdom Hearts is 12+ with fantasy violence. There's no way that Sora is going to be in Dissidia because the ratings and context of that game is entirely different to that of Kingdom Hearts, and honestly, Disney gets no benefit out of licensing Sora for a fighting game like that.

#29 Hero of Light XIV

Hero of Light XIV
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Except that there is more to it. Darker characters can still be catered towards children, children characters catered towards a teenage audience is an entirely different story. Let me give you an example of what I mean by that. Guardians of the Galaxy in their original Marvel Cinematic Universe incarnation is a profane movie, targeted towards the mature market. Thing is though, Guardians of the Galaxy's animated series is different because it's designed for children. You can't do the same with a Disney property like Big Hero 6. The cinematic movie started off as a movie primarily for children. Making Big Hero 6 profane all of a sudden would damage the Big Hero 6 brand, because unlike The Guardians of The Galaxy, it's cinematic origins was never intended for a mature audience.

With Disney, and Kingdom Hearts, you have to think of the children. Sure, you're not a child, and I'm not a child, but Kingdom Hearts is designed in such a way that it's catered more towards the Disney Animation side of things as opposed to Touchstone (the label that Disney use to use for their mature content), and Disney Animation is for children just as much as adults. At best, Kingdom Hearts is 12+ with fantasy violence. There's no way that Sora is going to be in Dissidia because the ratings and context of that game is entirely different to that of Kingdom Hearts, and honestly, Disney gets no benefit out of licensing Sora for a fighting game like that.

Sorry, I don't see it that way. This honestly doesn't feel like a situation where that would actually be an issue. It can be an EXCUSE, but it's a very weak one. Sora would not be out of place in that setting in the slightest, and saying that there is no possibility whatsoever that he is going to ever be in there is just narrow-minded to me. That's just where I stand and obviously nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise, so I'd just leave it at that. :P

#30 Alpha Baymax

Alpha Baymax

The Mayor of Mechonis

• 2,970 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

Sorry, I don't see it that way. This honestly doesn't feel like a situation where that would actually be an issue. It can be an EXCUSE, but it's a very weak one. Sora would not be out of place in that setting in the slightest, and saying that there is no possibility whatsoever that he is going to ever be in there is just narrow-minded to me. That's just where I stand and obviously nothing you say is going to convince me otherwise, so I'd just leave it at that. :P

So as opposed to understanding and accepting the legal and thematic implications of why Sora won't be in Dissidia, you'd rather be content in your own bias and label the legitimate reason as an excuse? fair enough, each to their own I suppose.

#31 Hero of Light XIV

Hero of Light XIV
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

So as opposed to understanding and accepting the legal and thematic implications of why Sora won't be in Dissidia, you'd rather be content in your own bias and label the legitimate reason as an excuse? fair enough, each to their own I suppose.

If that's how you want to paint it, then sure. :P

#32 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Guardian Of Darkness!"

• 11,805 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

YESSSSSSSSSS, I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR THE LONGEST TIME!!! THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!! :D

I love the Dissidia games, 012 in particular, so the fact that we were going to get a new Dissidia excited me to no end, and on the PS4, no less! And now we finally have the reveal of the game for PS4 along with a release year, to boot! I can't wait to play this game! I always had a blast playing against my friends in 012, and I can't wait to do the same online! :D

And I'm sure the story will be epic! :3

And also, that's not Chaos and Cosmos? That's odd, as I can't imagine a Dissidia without them! :O

Edited by The Transcendent Key, 10 June 2017 - 07:58 PM.

#33 Dezarius

Dezarius
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

I remember snagging my GF's PSP all the time to play Dissida. She kinda just left it around and didn't seem very interested in even using it, and I found she had the demo of Dissida and that damn it was so fun and addictive. I'm definitely interested. My only concern is if as a fighting game it will become stale quickly for an RPG player?

Also I was happy to see Zidane in there, can't recall if he was in the first one.

Edited by Dezarius, 12 June 2017 - 12:27 PM.

#34 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Guardian Of Darkness!"

• 11,805 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:06 PM

I remember snagging my GF's PSP all the time to play Dissida. She kinda just left it around and didn't seem very interested in even using it, and I found she had the demo of Dissida and that damn it was so fun and addictive. I'm definitely interested. My only concern is if as a fighting game it will become stale quickly for an RPG player?

Also I was happy to see Zidane in there, can't recall if he was in the first one.

Yeah, Zidane has been in all of the Dissidia games! 

And well, what I can tell you from experience is that the games never grew stale for me, particularly 012. I squeezed about 500+ hours of fun out of that one! And I'm a very avid RPG gamer, and even though Dissidia is a fighting game, I loved it to bits! I spent countless hours battling my friends, and I enjoyed the story mode and leveling up all my characters and unlocking all their abilities! So trust me, you're in for a good time! :D

If you wanna get into Dissidia before getting the PS4 version, get Dissidia 012 for the PSP. It's the best Dissidia so far, and it's got a wealth of content! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key, 13 July 2017 - 09:07 PM.