Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
StyXboY

KINGDOM HEARTS III WTF SQUARE ENIX ! With English subtitles

Ca serait marrant si, en guise de conclusion à un hypothétique trailer de Kingdom Hearts III (genre à l'E3) ils faisaient mention de bonus de précommande, season pass, tout ce genre de truc. :P

(It would be funny if as a conclusion of an hypothetical E3 trailer of Kingdom Hearts III they mention preorder bonuses, season pass, all that kind of stuff)

Seriously, if there's any series that I won't want to fall for the "Triple A DLC business model" it's Kingdom Hearts. I would be pissed if there was any DLC for Kingdom Hearts III. Even if it's 100% optionnal, spoiler free, pointless in the main story line. (Kinda like in the 3DS Phoenix Wright games)

DLC world would be hell for me. Still, DLC doesn't bother me in a game like Dark Souls. (Mainly talking about 1 and 3) The game without the DLC feels complete. Maybe DLC in Kingdom Hearts III would bother me because I grew up with the serie. (I think seeing DLC in Kingdom Hearts would shock as much as seeing a Sly Cooper game having DLCs)

I'm not against a Final Mix version tho. But that's where lies the contradiction. I would be against DLCs or a Season Pass in Kingdom Hearts III (adding content, bosses, keyblades, worlds) but I would be okay for a Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts III. (which is pretty much the same thing as a season pass, exept you pay the price of a full game) A "Game of the Year Edition" so to speak.

In the end, I don't know what to think. If they make DLCs, how will they made them fit into the game ? How will it impact the storyline ?

I'll just have to wait. Hopefully the E3 will clear my mind a little. In a good way I hope.

Edited by Cyberos000

Ca serait marrant si, en guise de conclusion à un hypothétique trailer de Kingdom Hearts III (genre à l'E3) ils faisaient mention de bonus de précommande, season pass, tout ce genre de truc. :P

(It would be funny if as a conclusion of an hypothetical E3 trailer of Kingdom Hearts III they mention preorder bonuses, season pass, all that kind of stuff)

Seriously, if there's any series that I won't want to fall for the "Triple A DLC business model" it's Kingdom Hearts. I would be pissed if there was any DLC for Kingdom Hearts III. Even if it's 100% optionnal, spoiler free, pointless in the main story line. (Kinda like in the 3DS Phoenix Wright games)

DLC world would be hell for me. Still, DLC doesn't bother me in a game like Dark Souls. (Mainly talking about 1 and 3) The game without the DLC feels complete. Maybe DLC in Kingdom Hearts III would bother me because I grew up with the serie. (I think seeing DLC in Kingdom Hearts would shock as much as seeing a Sly Cooper game having DLCs)

I'm not against a Final Mix version tho. But that's where lies the contradiction. I would be against DLCs or a Season Pass in Kingdom Hearts III (adding content, bosses, keyblades, worlds) but I would be okay for a Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts III. (which is pretty much the same thing as a season pass, exept you pay the price of a full game) A "Game of the Year Edition" so to speak.

In the end, I don't know what to think. If they make DLCs, how will they made them fit into the game ? How will it impact the storyline ?

I'll just have to wait. Hopefully the E3 will clear my mind a little. In a good way I hope.

I agree with you that DLCs in KH3 would be somewhat disappointing, though I don't condemn them for doing that. As you said, the Final Mix versions technically aren't any different apart from the fact that you don't need an internet connection to download them. But I feel like we won't receive a classic Final Mix version anymore. I could imagine that there will be a version with all DLCs to date included like with other games, but I'm not sure KH3 will get a separate Final Mix on disc which will be different from the DLCs.

All in all, it's becoming common practice to provide DLCs, which is terrible if it makes developers publish incomplete games in favor of complete ones. Patches and DLCs aren't all good and involve a lot of cash-grabbing. However, I wouldn't mind them within reason. Getting 20% of the game through DLCs is not supportable in the least but a few costumes, items, etc would be alright as long as it is not substantial to the plot. I can't even blame companies for resorting to that. It's relatively easy money for comparably less work than a full game and even if the game itself doesn't sell well, they can still make profit. Not to mention they don't have to press everything into the game at launch since games are becoming more and more detailed.

Still, KH never had DLCs so it would take some time getting used to...

I do not understand this mentality and we find the same method on the mobile games of Kingdom Hearts Union X. Paying to play the game easier ... I'm happy to know that Square Enix managed to make money but I find shamefult hat is done on the back of the players. Everyone is free to do whatever they want and I'm sure there will be some DLCs on Kingdom Hearts III and if it happens we will already have one during the E3 2017... ;p Imagine 2.9 with riku and mickey in the realm of darkness

I agree with you that DLCs in KH3 would be somewhat disappointing, though I don't condemn them for doing that. As you said, the Final Mix versions technically aren't any different apart from the fact that you don't need an internet connection to download them. But I feel like we won't receive a classic Final Mix version anymore. I could imagine that there will be a version with all DLCs to date included like with other games, but I'm not sure KH3 will get a separate Final Mix on disc which will be different from the DLCs.

All in all, it's becoming common practice to provide DLCs, which is terrible if it makes developers publish incomplete games in favor of complete ones. Patches and DLCs aren't all good and involve a lot of cash-grabbing. However, I wouldn't mind them within reason. Getting 20% of the game through DLCs is not supportable in the least but a few costumes, items, etc would be alright as long as it is not substantial to the plot. I can't even blame companies for resorting to that. It's relatively easy money for comparably less work than a full game and even if the game itself doesn't sell well, they can still make profit. Not to mention they don't have to press everything into the game at launch since games are becoming more and more detailed.

Still, KH never had DLCs so it would take some time getting used to...

Unfortunately Square Enix practices the same shit of companies like Ubisoft, EA ect... to be careful in the case of a financial problem... But the problem is that Square Enix does not have a financial issue and the company is healthy. On the other hand he regularly recruits.

Square Enix entered recently in the box of: "Games As A Service"

This notion irritates me

I do not understand this mentality and we find the same method on the mobile games of Kingdom Hearts Union X. Paying to play the game easier ... I'm happy to know that Square Enix managed to make money but I find shamefult hat is done on the back of the players. Everyone is free to do whatever they want and I'm sure there will be some DLCs on Kingdom Hearts III and if it happens we will already have one during the E3 2017... ;p Imagine 2.9 with riku and mickey in the realm of darkness

Unfortunately Square Enix practices the same shit of companies like Ubisoft, EA ect... to be careful in the case of a financial problem... But the problem is that Square Enix does not have a financial issue and the company is healthy. On the other hand he regularly recruits.

Square Enix entered recently in the box of: "Games As A Service"

This notion irritates me

DLCs have nothing to do with financial issues but rather with wanting to make money. Which is not shameful at all because that's what companies want. It is only irritable if it results in incomplete games where you have to purchase a large portion of the story later. Otherwise, it's just what companies do. And it's also good to earn a lot of money. It means having the means to buy better hard- and software, recruit more people to work on more games, etc.

As I said, I'm not a fan of DLCs, especially with how EA and Ubisoft handle them, and I certainly want KH3's story to be complete, but I can't blame them for wanting to make money out of this by providing optional content later that does not affect the game itself.

As für KHUX, I'm the first to agree with how terrible they are handling the game in comparison to the Japanese version, but I cannot blame them for making money out of this. Paying players need advantages, otherwise they wouldn't pay, but you can still play most of the quests without paying anything. You might not rank within the top 1000, but the story is manageable as are most events. I see nothing wrong with that. Square can't offer the game for free because there are people working on it who need to be paid and servers to maintain. Not to mention all the hardware and software components. So they either have to charge people periodically like WoW or provide it free with optional purchases which will give those paying an advantage. That's how MMOs work.

They're prone to making terrible decisions for the global version and I feel the Jewels are too expensive (they'd sell more if they weren't), but apart from the many mistakes and issues, the general concept of having people pay for certain things in a free game is understandable. Square isn't a charity after all, even if they're not suffering from financial issues.

Edited by Merilly