Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Ventus_

What's Your Favorite Spider-Man Film to Date?

What's Your Favorite Spider-Man Film to Date?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Spider-Man Film to Date?

• Spider-Man 1
    • Spider-Man 2
    • Spider-Man 3
    • The Amazing Spider-Man 1
    • The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    • Captain America: Civil War
    • Another Spidey film? Comment below!

Yeah, I have to ask how Civil War counts as a Spider-Man movie when, even though I still haven't seen it, I already know he's only in it for the third act. Thank you, modern film marketing.

Anyways: The Amazing Spider Man. Yeah, unpopular opinion, but everybody knows by now how much I don't like the Raimi films, specifically 2 and 3. The first Spider-Man film from 2002 still holds up to a certain extent IMO but the first Amazing Spider-Man, despite the complications that would come to the series both production wise and in the sequel, is a solid Spider-Man film that nails the aspects of the character in the best ways possible.

I dunno, I used to think I really liked Spider-Man 2, but looking back on a bunch of old clips recently, it seems kind of... bad. I dunno, I'll have to watch it again sometime and see how it holds up.

I remember not liking 1 very much, and saying 3 sucked goes without saying. Never seen the Amazing Spider-Man movies, but from what I've heard, I'd probably not be a fan.

Yeah, I have to ask how Civil War counts as a Spider-Man movie when, even though I still haven't seen it, I already know he's only in it for the third act. Thank you, modern film marketing.

He's literally only in two scenes of the movie (though to be fair, one of them is that huge cool fight scene at the airport). It's very obvious that Disney/Marvel wanted to jam him into the movie as soon they got the rights.

Anyways: The Amazing Spider Man. Yeah, unpopular opinion, but everybody knows by now how much I don't like the Raimi films, specifically 2 and 3. The first Spider-Man film from 2002 still holds up to a certain extent IMO but the first Amazing Spider-Man, despite the complications that would come to the series both production wise and in the sequel, is a solid Spider-Man film that nails the aspects of the character in the best ways possible.

There are a lot of things I love about the Amazing Spider-Man series, so no judgement there :)

But I'm curious why you don't like Spider-Man 2?

He's literally only in two scenes of the movie (though to be fair, one of them is that huge cool fight scene at the airport). It's very obvious that Disney/Marvel wanted to jam him into the movie as soon they got the rights.

How obviously contrived.

... I-I still want to see it though.

But I'm curious why you don't like Spider-Man 2?

Well, if you really want to know, I did write a review on it.

It's probably just sitting there somewhere in the ocean of Media related topics, sort of just keeping to itself. Like most of my review threads end up going. So uh, if you want to check that, go ahead, I'm trying to do a plug or anything right now but... there you go. xD

I've watched all of the Spider-Man films we've been witness two for the past couple of years, so I've watched both Raimi's and Webb's versions of the webhead! While I've loved all the movies, I have to say that Spider-Man 2 is my favorite! It takes a very personal and human look into Peter's life, as we see how torn he gets with the responsibilities of being Spider-Man with just simply wanting to live a normal life, ya know? Cuz he's not your average Joe, ya know? I also really loved Doctor Octopus, he was badass, and I loved the fight scenes between him and Spidey!

Civil War technically doesn't count, since Spidey was a guest character rather than the main star, but yeah, I loved Tom Holland's portrayal of the character! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him in Homecoming and Infinity War! So psyched! :D

As much as I love Spider-Man 2 and Tobey will always be my Spiderman.

Tom Holland was perfectly casted. Peter was only 15 in the comics when he became Spider-Man, and Tom Holland is the closest to that age mark, and fits Peter perfectly. (Aunt May is like 30 though???? WTF????)