•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

How "glitchy" 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 are now?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Qrow

Qrow
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

I'm about to buy a PS4 and I'll problably buy both collections, but I was wondering how are they now after being patched. Are there any major bugs and glitches preventing a normal gameplay?

#2 The Key of the Brain

The Key of the Brain
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

Sadly I don't know about of 1.5+2.5, I didn't have it yet, but I've never had any kind of problem with 2.8...

#3 Rhiscx

Rhiscx
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

I just, like a week ago, wrapped up a full playthrough of the whole collection. And maybe I'm the Special or something, but I actually experienced zero glitches of any kind during 1.5+2.5. At all. So, maybe it's all patched up?

#4 Headphone Jack

Headphone Jack
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

from what i'm to understand they aren't as bad as they were at launch. i think maybe the save crash in KH2 is still a problem. also i think only KH1 and KH2 had bug issues as Re:CoM, BBS and DDD were all games the Osaka team had made so the source codes weren't lost, hence no risk of new bugs coming up during development. at least that's what i'm assuming.

you're probably fine. it's not like the collections are on the same level as the Silent Hill HD collection.

#5 Moshroca97_57662

Moshroca97_57662
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Ahem.

1.5 didn't have too many bugs. There are some really funny cutscene bugs in KH1, but other than that it's mostly physics issues in KH1 I've noticed, such as with sephiroth. Re:Com seems to be fine other than how bad the cutscene graphics are compared to gameplay. I also had some card's fall below the maps sometimes but nothing too major. The movies seem to be fine. Kingdom Hearts 2 has quite a lot of bugs, so I'm going to be posting a link to all the bugs and some bugs I failed to mention, but some you might come across during game play are the timeless river reaction command bug and saving crashing (though I only crashed once during my playthrough). Here's a full list: https://pastebin.com/t9fzcZsk. BBS seems to have been untouched by bugs, but I've only played Terra so far so i cant speak for Aqua and Ven. DDD is very stable at 60 fps, but there are two big crashes: one where the game softlocks if you switch keyblades too fast and the other during an attack animation (I think it was meteor followed by something else?). 0.2 plays great and there aren't any bugs that I've seen but they don't have Combo Master in critical mode and there are no prize orbs. I also noticed before they patched the games some cutscenes almost crashed my ps4. Other than that, the game were pretty okay ports and they fixed some pretty big bugs like Vexen data, Saix data, quick run, and Xemnas 1 crash. 

Edited by Moshroca97_57662, 18 May 2017 - 01:18 PM.

#6 NayNaySIXX

NayNaySIXX

The only way to be.. Is Chill.

• 45 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

Haven't had a single problem with any of them luckily. Almost finished DDD in my latest playthrough!

#7 Qrow

Qrow
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

Thanks for the info guys! It seems most of the problems are fixed. I am a little worried about crashing during saving, but let's see if I am lucky! Thanks again! 0/*

#8 Espio

Espio

Espio The Chameleon

• 33 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

I never had any glitches or crashes during my KH1 and KH2 playtroughs.

#9 Sonicshadowsilver2

Sonicshadowsilver2
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

If you have a PS4 Pro, then you'll have to be careful in Birth by Sleep Final Mix HD when you fight Vanitas & Master Xehanort as Terra since it can crash if you press Retry if you die.

#10 Connected

Connected

The Road to Dawn

• 1,568 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Never had I ever a problem or glitch with Both games! :)

#11 Young_Master_Eraqueez

Young_Master_Eraqueez

*insert IGN meme here*

• 48 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:11 AM

Outside of some physics issues caused by 60 fps, missing audio clips, and the chance of save crashing in 2FM, I would go for 1.5+2.5. As for 2.8, I would say it's pretty solid in terms of gameplay and stability.

#12 Tails

Tails

Advanced Member

• 7,741 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:19 PM

If you have a PS4 Pro, then you'll have to be careful in Birth by Sleep Final Mix HD when you fight Vanitas & Master Xehanort as Terra since it can crash if you press Retry if you die.

Lol for real? You'd think that SE would listen to fan feedback on this stuff and try to patch it. They made only one patch and that was it.

Edited by Tails, 08 June 2017 - 11:12 AM.

#13 Philip Ellwell

Philip Ellwell
  • 5,762 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

2 in 1.5+2.5 can have some weird Heartless glitches from time to time (Skippy animation, not reacting to hits, once or twice some bigger ones clipped through walls), and the music often drowns out the voices. Atlantica seems to have a hit ratio issue, where hitting the button can get you a bad, even when it was on Excellent or good, but only in Under The Sea for some reason. Donald gets stuck on corners a lot, and I've had Goofy glitch into a non-stop spin if I kill the Heartless while he's attacking, that won't stop until I move to a different area. 

Only major glitches that could potentially hinder gameplay is Summons dying suddenly: For some reason, Genie just sort of froze during a random encounter battle, and didn't unfreeze until the drive ran out.