Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
NayNaySIXX

Anime Suggestions?

Hi Guys!

Never been the biggest Anime fan. The only ones I had watched previously were Full Metal Alchemist and Dragonball Z! But recently started getting proper into it, just finished Death Note which I LOVED and now about half way through the first series of Attack on Titan.

Anyone got any more suggestions of ones I can put on my list to watch? Currently got Sword Art Online and Bleach as my next two! 

If you loved Death Note, you will probably love Code Geass.

But what are you generally looking for? It will be easier to know what to suggest.

Code Geass looks pretty awesome!!

And.. Kinda hard to explain what I like haha. Good story, twists, shocks, action.. So Thriller / Action based ones I guess!

Code Geass looks pretty awesome!!

And.. Kinda hard to explain what I like haha. Good story, twists, shocks, action.. So Thriller / Action based ones I guess!

It is!

So, from the top of my head: Hunter X Hunter, 2011. The start is a bit slow, but otherwise it's great. 

Keep in mind that the manga is in a hiatus for a year, and has been on hiatus many times(the mangaka got back problems), so the story isn't finished

It is!

So, from the top of my head: Hunter X Hunter, 2011. The start is a bit slow, but otherwise it's great. 

Keep in mind that the manga is in a hiatus for a year, and has been on hiatus many times(the mangaka got back problems), so the story isn't finished

Alright cool, awesome! I'll check that out too! Code Geass does look like one I'm going to really like!

Code Geass is honestly fantastic, one of my all time favourites!

Also since I watch way too much anime I have a list compiled of everything I've watched and rated and if you ever wanna know about anything specifically I'm happy to answer. Seeing you're starting with more "main stream" anime for lack of a better term, which is great cause things like Naruto and Bleach are super long and super great storylines, I'd be likely to recommend you things that were (or have been) very popular over the last couple years or so. Though in saying that watching Naruto/Naruto Shippuuden and the new one recently released plus Bleach might take you a good year honestly, so many episodes! As for personal recommendations:

Durarara

Neon Genesis Evangelion + Movies (older but movies are more recent)

Inuyasha (older anime with about 200 episodes or so?)

Ao No Exorcist (Blue Exorcist)

Busou Renkin

Code Geass

Charlotte

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (you can watch just FMA but it strays so far from the manga they remade it)

Guilty Crown

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (kinda old but one of those anime you HAVE to watch, brilliant!)

Kyoukai No Kanata (Beyond The Boundary)

Noragami

One Punch Man 

Rurouni Kenshin (another very old one I watched a long time ago and loved)

Sengoku Basara

Soul Eater

Space Dandy (so weird but great)

Tiger & Bunny

Tales of Zestiria The X

Trigun (yet another old but CLASSIC, so good I own the anime the movie and all manga aha)

Yugioh (and the like billion seasons of it lol)

My list is here if you ever wanna just go through it~ [x]

i woud recommend to you one punch man and mob psycho 100 since i'm neither the biggest anime fan but absolutely loved those two

You should watch the anime Mirai nikki its really awesome.

If u want to watch the dub its called Future diary.

Also Terror in Resonance (Zankyou no Terror) is a really good anime.

Edited by Espio

I recently finished Death Note as well (this month, in fact) and was blown away by its awesomeness!  When it first came out and my friends adored it I simply brushed it aside thinking it was a fad, but after I finally watched it the series probably ended up being my favorite anime of all time (and maybe even TV series of all time).

Anyhow, back to recommendations: it really depends on what kind of series you like.  These are some that I've watched recently and really enjoyed, which you may like as well since we both liked Death Note, but it's tough to say without knowing more.

Aldnoah.Zero -- this one probably isn't for you if you don't like any type of mecha series.  I got a lot of Gundam Wing vibes from it, but it has the intriguing two-world conflict surrounded by war.  The character development was fantastic and the plot was constantly intriguing.  Not Death Note intriguing, but it was very good and I would highly recommend it.  If you don't care for mecha, though, I'd say skip it over.

Fate Stay/Night -- I also enjoyed Fate/Zero, but heavily preferred Stay/Night for a number of reasons.  This anime is just beautiful, from its visuals, music composition, and characters.  The plot was very intriguing and I loved most of the characters.  Sometimes I found the main protagonist bland and the plot to be a little meh, but overall it made a lot of sense and was rather good.

I don't watch that much anime, but it's really that I'm so picky about the anime that I watch. : P  I won't continue a series if it's not very intriguing to me.  Good luck!

Oh dude, trust me, you've entered a wonderful world, and once you watch even more anime series, you'll fall deeper in love with this amazing world of epic, animated stories! You've watched awesome ones, and there's so many more waiting for you!

I've watched about 70 different anime series, and well, obviously, if I list em all here, it'll take a lot of space, so for now, I'll recommend you at the very least, three!

Inuyasha: It's the anime that got me into anime, and it's about a high school girl named Kagome, and she is one day whisked away into Feudal Era Japan, where she meets half Demon Inuyasha, who's searching for the Jewel Of Four Souls in order to become a full fledged demon! This anime is a classic, and it is badass in every way! Great story and characters, awesome animation, funny moments, epic battles, and amazing music, you name it! I have the entire series on DVD! Well, almost! I have to get the Final Act, which I already watched, but don't own as of yet. X3

Fairy Tail: You've probably heard of this one, and it's about Lucy Heartfilia, a woman who is a Celestial Wizard, and she wants to join the most popular Wizard Guild around, which is Fairy Tail! She gets more than she bargains for, though, when she meets Natsu and Happy, two travelers who change her life forever! The anime is full of amazing characters with epic magic, awesome stories, great animation and battles, and epic music as well! It's a show I really love, and it's hilarious to no end! Don't get me wrong, it's also serious! :3

Clannad: This one is a different type of anime, since it's more a high school/slice of life show, but I think you'll like it! It's the story of Tomoya, a high school boy who doesn't really care much about anything until he meets Nagisa. Once he meets her and makes new friends, his life gradually changes! It's an anime that will make you cry! Believe me, I did so, and I cried many times! The story tugs at your heartstrings, and it has lighthearted moments, but also moments that make you think about life, ya know? Overall, a great series, and one I bet you'd love! :D

Inuyasha: It's the anime that got me into anime, and it's about a high school girl named Kagome, and she is one day whisked away into Feudal Era Japan, where she meets half Demon Inuyasha, who's searching for the Jewel Of Four Souls in order to become a full fledged demon! This anime is a classic, and it is badass in every way! Great story and characters, awesome animation, funny moments, epic battles, and amazing music, you name it! I have the entire series on DVD! Well, almost! I have to get the Final Act, which I already watched, but don't own as of yet. X3

Oh my god. Don't even get me started on Inuyasha xD

Rumiko Takahashi kinda dragged it out with HEAPS of (good) story bwhaha

Those were the days of having the wait week after week waiting for the manga chapter depicting when Naraku would be defeated and die.

Inuyasha is really good and I recommend it too, just be prepared that there are about 200 episodes in total (including the Final Act Arc), all of it is relevant to the story as there are very little filler episodes and most of the time conform closely to the manga (558 Chapters).

Sesshoumaru ftw

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - It's a twist and take on the novel of the same name. Even if you've seen the movies or read the novels, the way it adapted the story to make it its own leaves you wanting for more at the ending of every episode. It has amazing animation, and its one of my personal favorites. It has 24 episodes in total, so it's not a long series either. It has an English dub by Funimation.

Ajin: Demi-Human - In a world where "Ajin", immortal humans have begun to show up and are treated like monsters and lab rats, you follow the protagonist as he finds out he is one, and his life changes drastically. It's a very unique series, and so far has 2 seasons. It's been dubbed in English, and can be found on Netflix.

Tiger & Bunny - Superheroes that also serve as media sensations and are sponsored by companies. The story follows a veteran Superhero as he has to partner up with a younger counterpart, and how they deal against villains along with the rest of their fellow heroes. It's funny and out of the box. I think there's an English dub. It has 1 season, and 2 movies.

Other series I highly suggest:

Psycho-Pass (Futuristic/Dystopia)

Shiki (Vampires/Mystery/Horror)

Death Parade (Mystery)

Darker Than Black (Mystery/Action)

Oh my god. Don't even get me started on Inuyasha xD

Rumiko Takahashi kinda dragged it out with HEAPS of (good) story bwhaha

Those were the days of having the wait week after week waiting for the manga chapter depicting when Naraku would be defeated and die.

Inuyasha is really good and I recommend it too, just be prepared that there are about 200 episodes in total (including the Final Act Arc), all of it is relevant to the story as there are very little filler episodes and most of the time conform closely to the manga (558 Chapters).

Sesshoumaru ftw

Yeah man, Inuyasha is truly one of the greats of anime history! It'll always be a beloved anime to me, and it'll always have a special place in my heart!

Ooh, and Naraku was such a badass villain, and I loved his epic voice!

And you know, that's something that a lot of people told me! That the anime followed the manga practically to perfection, as the fillers were practically nonexistent! I think that's pretty cool!

And hell yeah, Sesshomaru for life, though it's Lord Sesshomaru! xD