Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Finn and vigor

Sora in Smash Bros port for Switch

Remember back in 2015 when Cloud was announced for Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS? Before that was announced i still had hopes for Sora being in Smash Bros someday but after that reveal i felt Happy of finally having a Square character but at the same time i was a little Sad and disappointed because if Clouds in Smash then most likely Sora wont be added since Sora is no where near as popular as Cloud. Even after the winter presentation during December of 2015 after the reveals of Corrin and Bayonetta that dashed my hopes even more considering Bayonetta was said to be the last DLC fighter. But now with the recent Famitsu interview which i believe was Nomura (or Hoshimotto) and Sakuri (i'm sorry i cannot spell the name of the father of Smash, that's probably a sin to huge smash fans so sorry) i have regained my hopes and i want the SORA 4 SMASH lobby to return!!! Someone will need to call HMK for that tho but bring in Skywardwing, Cynical and BloodyBizKits as well to help out!!!! I mean there is still a very VERY small chance of this ever happening but if we act it may possibly come true!!! We got Cloud so why not Sora as well??!! It would be good marketing for KH3 too so i'd take that any day!!! 

Edited by Finn and vigor

It really depends on if they are willing to add new characters to the roster, as this IS a port of the Wii U version but with Switch support. If they are, then I'd say he has a slim chance like he did before, but then again it's always really difficult to predict Sakuri's choices with Smash anymore. I still kind of doubt it will happen, I've been burned by this hope too many times before, but I will still cautiously hope that it does end up happening anyway if new characters are confirmed.

If not Sora though, definitely give us Solid Snake, no excuses. And Cloud better have his freaking Steve Burton voice clips in this game, it can't be that hard to ask Square to just lend some Dissidia voice clips (I mean look at all the mods out there).

It really depends on if they are willing to add new characters to the roster, as this IS a port of the Wii U version but with Switch support. If they are, then I'd say he has a slim chance like he did before, but then again it's always really difficult to predict Sakuri's choices with Smash anymore. I still kind of doubt it will happen, I've been burned by this hope too many times before, but I will still cautiously hope that it does end up happening anyway if new characters are confirmed.

If not Sora though, definitely give us Solid Snake, no excuses. And Cloud better have his freaking Steve Burton voice clips in this game, it can't be that hard to ask Square to just lend some Dissidia voice clips (I mean look at all the mods out there).

if Sora doesn't ever happen then i would be ok with Snake instead. Although one thing i'm really hoping for too is more stuff for the DLC content like Cloud speaking english at least and more trophies/Music from FF7. The DLC was cool but they didn't feel as exciting as the other characters considering they didn't have as much content as the characters already included. A few examples are the special moves in the custom options, the missing Palutena's guidance conversations and the lack of trophies for Street Fighter, FF7 and Bayonetta. Bayonetta was a little better but i wish they added as much as the other franchises for the others. Although out fo anything i want for the port is Sora being a fighter which would be a dream come true. But as i said, it is VERY unlikely.

if Sora doesn't ever happen then i would be ok with Snake instead. Although one thing i'm really hoping for too is more stuff for the DLC content like Cloud speaking english at least and more trophies/Music from FF7. The DLC was cool but they didn't feel as exciting as the other characters considering they didn't have as much content as the characters already included. A few examples are the special moves in the custom options, the missing Palutena's guidance conversations and the lack of trophies for Street Fighter, FF7 and Bayonetta. Bayonetta was a little better but i wish they added as much as the other franchises for the others. Although out fo anything i want for the port is Sora being a fighter which would be a dream come true. But as i said, it is VERY unlikely.

It would be nice if Cloud had custom specials that are based off of his other Limits, like Braver, Meteorain, Sonic Blade, and Omnislash Version 5/Version 6. I'd particularly like to have Sonic Blade, since it'd be nice to have a quick means of dashing around the stage and closing distances.

i imagine if there was a Switch port, Nintendo would prioritize their own characters first. have they added a Splatoon fighter? i could see them wanting to do that, maybe a character from Arms, even. 

Cloud at least is a more commonly recognized gaming icon than Sora, like it or not. you could at least see why he might have been added to a popular fighting game featuring characters largely iconic to the general public. 

basically Sora has as much a chance of getting in now as he did back then

Cloud is in Brawl?
I don't remember that. I might have to fire it up tonight. 

I'd love to see Sora but the chances I'd get to play are slim as I don't have the console and still need a PS4, the latter being the priority. 

Cloud is in Brawl?

I don't remember that. I might have to fire it up tonight. 

I'd love to see Sora but the chances I'd get to play are slim as I don't have the console and still need a PS4, the latter being the priority. 

No he wasn't in Brawl. sorry i meant to put Smash Bros for Wii "U". 

No he wasn't in Brawl. sorry i meant to put Smash Bros for Wii "U". 

Ah. Now it makes more sense that I don't remember him, I don't have a Wii U. 

There are plenty of other Square Enix characters who deserve a spot more than Sora, like Crono or Slime. Sora's more of a PlayStation-related character. Even Cloud wasn't the best choice for a FF character in my opinion, he was only chosen for his popularity. Cecil or Terra would fit better since they originated on Nintendo systems.

There are plenty of other Square Enix characters who deserve a spot more than Sora, like Crono or Slime. Sora's more of a PlayStation-related character. Even Cloud wasn't the best choice for a FF character in my opinion, he was only chosen for his popularity. Cecil or Terra would fit better since they originated on Nintendo systems.

Ooh, Cecil would've been so awesome! X_X Final Fantasy IV is my love! <3

Hmm, Crono would have also made for a pretty good choice. But still, I really wanna see Sora make it into Smash one day! X_X

Short answer:No

Long answer:Sora has the unique licensing issue  of not only being designed in house at Square but also being completely owned by Disney.And as far as I know Disney can be really firetrucking strict and stingy with their licenses so trying to get Sora into Smash is more trouble than it's worth especially when they managed to get the infinitely more popular Cloud to be in Smash 4

Why would you think Sora's more of a PlayStation character just because he was born on one? Most of his games are Nintendo-related, not counting the HD Remixes. Plus, Bayonetta and Sonic were born on non-Nintendo consoles and-wouldn't you know it-they found their way on Nintendo consoles, and into Smash. Point is, Sora is hardly a PlayStation character-again, not counting the HD Remixes-and may have a AT LEAST some chance in Smash. I don't care about the copyright; it's not like Disney has a beef with Nintendo. Literally, the Disney Magical World series is the freaking 3DS. Made by Bandai Namco, mind you, who-you guessed it-helped worked on SSB 3DS and Wii U.

Intro: Sora rides on Flowmotion energy, then jumps into fighting stance.

Notable Palette Swaps: Valor Form, Wisdom Form, Master Form, Final Form, Sora (KH2), Kairi (KH1), Riku (KH1)

Special Moves:

B : Magic Deck; Sora will select a certain element-Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Aero-that affects his Strike Raid. The B button is unusable after this.

B + Forwards : Strike Raid; Sora will thrust forward at foes, swinging his Keyblade in hand. With Fire, foes launch more quickly. With Blizzard, more damage is racked up, but at the cost of speed. With Thunder, Sora thrust more quickly. With Aero, foes are launched forward at a long distance.

B + Up : Flowmotion; Sora will launch himself upward, in a similar fashion to Rosalina’s Launch Star. The only difference is that Sora travels more upward when he recovers. Also, he can do two different attacks based on how B is pressed again. If B is pressed alone, Shock Dive commences. If B is pressed with the control stick moving a certain angle, Kick Dive commences.

B + Down : Counter Rush; Sora will block in case of attacks, then do four somersaults with his Keyblade.

Final Smash: Ragnarok; Sora will trap foes with a beam of light, and then swing at them multiple times, finishing with multiple lasers fired from his Keyblade all toward the center.

Taunts:

1: Sora tosses his Keyblade upward, and catches it.

2: “I’ll never lose!” Sora raises his Keyblade in the sky.

1+2: “All right!” Sora spins his Keyblade with one hand.

Winposes:

1: Sora raises his Keyblade halfway into the air, then looks at the camera.

2: “That’s the power of the Keybalde!” Sora spins his Keyblade, then rests it on his shoulder.

3: Sora points his Keyblade straightly upward, then turns.

Icon: The King’s crown

Victory Music: A note from “Dearly Beloved”.

Kirby Hat: Sora’s hair and necklace.

Palutena's Guidance:

Pit: Who’s that? I’ve never seen him before.

Viridi: Who? The kid in the clown shoes?

Palutena: That’s Sora, one of the chosen wielders of the Keyblade. He’s traveled through multiple worlds battling an evil known as the Heartless.

Pit: “Heartless”?

Viridi: They make the Subspace Army look like a bunch of jokers.

Palutena: The Heartless have a great fear of the Keyblade. Sora has defeated every one he’s encountered during his several adventures throughout the universe.

Pit: But the universe he’s from is...different. What’s he doing in ours?

Palutena: That’s entirely beyond me, and it might stay that way if I can’t get help from there.

Stage: Traverse Town (DDD)

Related Music:

Traverse in Trance (KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: Dream Drop Distance)

Ice-Hot Lobster (KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: Dream Drop Distance)

The Encounter (KINGDOM HEARTS II)

Vector to the Heavens~SSB Version (KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days)

Scythe of Petals~SSB Version (KINGDOM HEARTS: Chain of Memories)

Frog’s Theme (Chrono Trigger)

Destiny’s Force (KINGDOM HEARTS)

Unforgettable (KINGDOM HEARTS: Birth by Sleep)

(I don't give a truck about Disney's rights. They've worked with Nintendo mainly for publishing. TRUCKING PUBLISHING.)

I think Sora jumping out of the Gumi Ship as an intro would fit better

Also I think Trinity Limit would be better as a final smash. It could also be randomized for the characters that he does the Trinity Limit with.

Sora, Riku and Kairi

Sora, Donald and Goofy

Sora, Roxas and Xion

Sora, King Mickey and Queen Minnie

Edited by Aqua7KH

If you ask me i think Sora's move set should be based on his connection to his friends that being Donald and Goofy. Here's my idea: when a match starts Sora is pretty much a normal Fire Emblem like fighter with the side B being blitz, Down B a counter and up B flow motion. BUT the neutral B is the most unique which allows sora to summon either Donald or Goofy to help him out in the battle acting out as a pikmin or Luma of some kind. But here's the catch, each partner will give Sora a totally different move set. Donald mainly focusing on Magic attacks and Goofy on physical attacks. The move set from Donald's perspective would have the down B being Fire which can be charged up to Fira or Firega, the side B being Blizzard which shoots like it does in KH1 and can be charged, the neutral B being reflect, and the up B being Thunder which also can be charged. And at times in the fight Donald will randomly heal sora but is not always affective (of course). Goofys perspective would be side B as zenteskuken, Down B is guard which can confuse attackers, up B is Sora twirl (kinda like goofy twirl but can send sora upwards like donkey Kongs up B) and neutral special as strike Raid. Goofy can protect sora but is not always affective. If any ally gets KOd sora will return to his normal move set and will be unavailable till sora gets KOd himself. Each ally change also affects the final smash which Donald's would be comet and Goodys knock smash and Sora all by himself would be trinity limit almosted Donald and goofy. This is how i think it should be handled.

I think Sora jumping out of the Gumi Ship as an intro would fit better

Also I think Trinity Limit would be better as a final smash. It could also be randomized for the characters that he does the Trinity Limit with.

Sora, Riku and Kairi

Sora, Donald and Goofy

Sora, Roxas and Xion

Sora, King Mickey and Queen Minnie

I understand you might want that, but I kind of wanted to leave out the Disney characters themselves. That, and Trinity Limit as a Final Smash is kind of an overused concept, so I decided to use Ragnarok as Sora's Final Smash. Also, the reason I used Flowmotion as an entrance is because I want his DDD design to be used.

Wow, this is a pretty badass moveset, and it's one that I could definitely see Sora with in Smash Brothers! Though I think that a more fitting Final Smash could be Ars Arcanum, since that's a fast paced, frenetic attack that deals multiple hits that could launch foes to pieces when the final blow lands, ya know? :3

Why would you think Sora's more of a PlayStation character just because he was born on one? Most of his games are Nintendo-related, not counting the HD Remixes. Plus, Bayonetta and Sonic were born on non-Nintendo consoles and-wouldn't you know it-they found their way on Nintendo consoles, and into Smash. Point is, Sora is hardly a PlayStation character-again, not counting the HD Remixes-and may have a AT LEAST some chance in Smash. I don't care about the copyright; it's not like Disney has a beef with Nintendo. Literally, the Disney Magical World series is the freaking 3DS. Made by Bandai Namco, mind you, who-you guessed it-helped worked on SSB 3DS and Wii U.

Only one major KH game was released on a Nintendo system: 3D. Sora is generally associated more with PlayStation than Nintendo, it's not just me who thinks that. Also, I know that Namco developed Smash, and I never even brought up copyright.

Only one major KH game was released on a Nintendo system: 3D. Sora is generally associated more with PlayStation than Nintendo, it's not just me who thinks that. Also, I know that Namco developed Smash, and I never even brought up copyright.

Chain of Memories was major. 358/2 Days was major. Re:Coded....not so much. But my point still stands that Sora is still capable of being in Smash.