Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
SoraKH

Back Cover Questions(Spoilers)

So I don't know if this question has been answered please help me out here. Why do we see MoM's eye on Soul Eater? Was it perfect planning since 2002 or is it just its designing coincidence? 

Which this leads to the question: Is Riku considered as an apprentice of the line of the apprentices of MoM?

I'm kind of confused :P

Edited by SoraKH

To a degree, you could probably say so; the other ones with the Gazing Eye on their weapons are the five Foretellers (apprentices), Vanitas (apprentice), and Terra (pseudo-apprentice), so Riku could well fall under those parameters.

I don't know if they've been planning its specific usage from the beginning, but it was definitely intended as a recurring design point.

I would say that the reason we see the eye is in a way, with the passing down of No Name to Master Xehanort, it was used to show the MoM the future from different perspectives. Riku is no successor, but he was one of few that actually helped the eye of the Master see the future.

Who knows what Nomura is thinking. Although I think long before this lore came out, the eye was associated with all things dark.

Since MoM's eye is now confirmed....are we led to believe that the MoM is dark?

He acted fairly lighthearted throughout KHX though

Actuallu I found MoM preety unstable as a character... he looked like had multiple personalities or was controlled or smth

Edited by SoraKH

Who knows what Nomura is thinking. Although I think long before this lore came out, the eye was associated with all things dark.

Since MoM's eye is now confirmed....are we led to believe that the MoM is dark?

He acted fairly lighthearted throughout KHX though

Actuallu I found MoM preety unstable as a character... he looked like had multiple personalities or was controlled or smth

I'd consider MoM to be an antagonist. He set the stage in such a way that the Keyblade​ War was guaranteed to happen. He wanted Kingdom Hearts. So he used the Gazing Eye to predict the future and cause all that happened to happen. At least that's what I believe.

Well, if we take this into consideration, then there's more than just No Name and the Foretellers Keyblades that bear the eye, as End Of Pain also bears the eye, as well as Soul Eater and Way To The Dawn! While Riku is in full control of his darkness, that doesn't mean that the Gazing Eye still can't see the future through his Keyblade, ya know? Riku just probably doesn't even know the eye serves that purpose!

I don't think this was perfect planning from way back then, but it's interesting to think about! :)

So I don't know if this question has been answered please help me out here. Why do we see MoM's eye on Soul Eater? Was it perfect planning since 2002 or is it just its designing coincidence? 

Which this leads to the question: Is Riku considered as an apprentice of the line of the apprentices of MoM?

I'm kind of confused :P

Master of the Master's eye was meant to see the future and in order to see the future from different angles and perspectives. Thus, MoM gave the keyblade to Luxu until Luxu finds someone that could inherit this keyblade. At some point in between Master Xehanort inherits the keyblade and that keyblade with its gazing eye continues observing the future.

​Even when Master Xehanort is already using that keyblade he had to put such gazing eye on the people under him or the people that work with him to ensure the observation of the future. Thus, when Master Xehanort extracted Vanitas from Ventus, he gave him Void Gear keyblade that has the gazing eye, when Terra was under MX's trick, he also had Chaos Ripper keyblade which has the gazing eye. 

​When MX's heart entered Terra's body, Terranort used Master Xehanort's keyblade, which has the gazing eye. 

​When Xehanort died and both Ansem and Xemnas were born, Ansem Seeker of Darkness, brought Maleficent to serve him and Maleficent brought Riku to him, and Riku was given Soul Eater, which also has the gazing eye. When Ansem died and the events of the organization started, Soul Eater continued throughout Castle Oblivion until it transformed to Way to Dawn keyblade that Riku had in KHII, which also has the gazing eye to ensure the observation of the future. Lastly, when both Sora and Riku took the Mark of Mastery exam, Young Master Xehanort appeared in the realm of sleep and was given No Name keyblade, which also had the gazing eye and even when Sora and Riku reached to the end, they were given End of Pain keyblades, that also have the gazing eye on them.

​So you see, it's a matter of inheritance and shiftiness, the gazing eye had to appear in someone's keyblade on a certain event to observe the future and that's how Master of Masters can see what's about to happen in Kingdom Hearts III, why? Because Master Riku and Master Xehanort are going to be there and both of their keyblades have the gazing eye, not to mention that if Vanitas and Young MX were to return, they would also bring their keyblades that have the gazing eyes. 

​According to Nomura, everything in the game is for a reason, and I truly believe that it isn't a coincidence at all.