Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Elfdemon_

Kingdom Hearts II featured in IGN's Top 100 RPGs of All Time; ranked as number 86

IGN has released an article of a list of what they consider to be the Top 100 RPGs of of all time. In this article, Kingdom Hearts II is featured and ranked as the 86th best RPG of all time.

Next to each game on the article, is a short summary of why the game is one of the top RPGs of all time and why it's on the list. Read Kingdom Hearts II's summary, written by IGN Associate Editor Jonathon Dornbush, below:

Kingdom Hearts 2 considerably ups the combat possibilities of its predecessor, introducing new forms — and snazzy new suits — for Sora to wear. The addition of the Reaction Command in combat also spices battles up, making for a combat experience made even more varied by the addition of the new Nobodies enemies. By streamlining some of the first Kingdom Heart's systems, including magic and the awful Gummi Ship levels — not to mention deepening the lore to stranger, more engaging depths — the first numbered sequel in the 15 year old franchise is still one of its strongest and one of the most fun to play.

Click here to view the article

That's funny considering that Kingdom hearts II has the worst rating on ign out of the whole series, but it's ign so I'm not surprised. Even though I adore Kingdom hearts II. It's my favorite game of all time so it's nice to see this game on here! 

That's funny considering that Kingdom hearts II has the worst rating on ign out of the whole series, but it's ign so I'm not surprised. Even though I adore Kingdom hearts II. It's my favorite game of all time so it's nice to see this game on here!

Different editors, reviewers, opinions, etc. Besides, context is everything; the original KH might have made more of an impression at the time for how fresh it was, but the sequel is more nuanced, plays better, and is bigger overall.

Anyway, it's certainly a worthy game to be considered on any "best of" list (even if I don't read IGN's because I feel like they put them out every six months or something =P). Definitely my favorite of the series (though BBS comes close).

They forgot to mention that Roxas was a garbage character.

I'm honesty surprised you posted about this. IGN has such a bad rep around here with KH, this is almost like having a Black History Month Rally and the main speaker is the head of the KKK -_-

Called it, bottom 75-100. :P

I mean, it's great to be recognized as it is, but still, I would have at least put it in the 20-30 range. :/

I'm honesty surprised you posted about this. IGN has such a bad rep around here with KH, this is almost like having a Black History Month Rally and the main speaker is the head of the KKK -_-

I am shocked that any KH game made their list at all and this surprises me seeing IGN has a disdain for the KH series. I wonder if they begrudgingly put KH2 in there and on the bottom just to make KH fans happy?

yea IGN  just trys to be hipster when it comes  to KH I dont consider them a valid games news network anyway, that is I dont think there jugdment is fair and blanced at all...Oh my god IGN is the fox news of the gaming world!

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

yea IGN  just trys to be hipster when it comes  to KH I dont consider them a valid games news network anyway, that is I dont think there jugdment is fair and blanced at all...Oh my god IGN is the fox news of the gaming world!

Off topic: I watch Fox News and like their reporting.

On topic: IGN might have done this just to satisfy the fanbase so they don't have to hear it.

IGN's bad rep in the KH community doesn't make this any less news.

Also, the KH2 section of the IGN article is written by Jonathon Dornbush, who actually knows his stuff when it comes to KH and is a huge fan of KH. Every KH article written by him has been great and accurate. He shouldn't get blamed for other IGN employees' mess ups.

Thanks for sharing this with us, Elfdemon!

So, 86th, huh? That's not bad! I kind of figured Kingdom Hearts II would be the one to make it on any list they'd make, since that's the entry that the KH fanbase loves the most! It's right up there on my top 3 KH games! My top three are Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts II and Dream Drop Distance! :3

It's good to see that KH gets some light shined on it, even if most of IGN almost always has something bad to say about the KH series. Not saying all of them do, but most of them do. xD

Never forget Eraqueez and Xenahort!