Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Leamax

Kingdom Hearts II ranked 25th on Game Informer's Top 100 RPGs of All Time; Sora featured on June 2017 cover

Game Informer will feature a Top 100 RPGs of All Time list in the June 2017 issue. The cover for the issue has been revealed showing the major characters in many of the RPG-style games. Among these characters is Sora, wearing his Kingdom Hearts III attire, near the top of the front cover, just below the Game Informer title. You can see the full cover art, as well as close-ups of the cover art below:

June 2017 Cover SpreadFront PageBack Page

The June 2017 issue of Game Informer will be available later this month.

UPDATE: Game Informer has revealed their Top 100 RPGs of All Time. Kingdom Hearts II takes the #25 spot. The description of this spot can be found below:

{ 25 } Kingdom Hearts II

PLATFORM: PS4 • PS3 • PS2

RELEASE: 2006

Combining Square Enix with Disney in the original Kingdom Hearts was dangerous but successful. This gave Square the chance to dramatically improve the concept with a sequel. Kingdom Hearts II marked an apex for the series thanks to its improved mechanics and more interesting Disney worlds to visit. The story was also good, though it started to go off the rails toward the end.

Click here to view the article

Why'd they have to make him so small tho? Why do I get the feeling that they're gonna place KH somewhere in the low 75-100 range? -_-"

Kingdom Hearts II was listed in the 25th position. But I got the feeling that the list was more of a personal taste than a true ranking....

Kingdom Hearts II was listed in the 25th position. But I got the feeling that the list was more of a personal taste than a true ranking....

That's why I've been getting iffy with gaming news sources like IGN and Gameinformer, as far as straight up news goes they're reliable enough, but when it comes to evaluation and stuff, a lot of personal taste does seem to leak it's way in. I've been giving Gameinformer a break for a while since they seem to save most of that for their occasional parody section, but now I'm starting to notice more consistent undue points of snark in every other part of the magazine. And of course, IGN injects personal taste into almost everything they do.

That's why I've been getting iffy with gaming news sources like IGN and Gameinformer, as far as straight up news goes they're reliable enough, but when it comes to evaluation and stuff, a lot of personal taste does seem to leak it's way in. I've been giving Gameinformer a break for a while since they seem to save most of that for their occasional parody section, but now I'm starting to notice more consistent undue points of snark in every other part of the magazine. And of course, IGN injects personal taste into almost everything they do.

Sooo true! I used to read their reviews and stuff, and didn't play a lot of games they said that weren't "good". But when I decided to play them, guess what? Loved them! So nowadays I don't even read or give them attention, if I want to buy a game I watch gameplays videos and see if it's my style.

Hands down, number 1 will be Overwatch. They have a crazy boner for that game, it's not even funny.

Last time I checked, Overwatch was not considered a RPG.

Edited by Lulcielid

Such a small drawing.

So, are we getting a Sora amiibo or my dreams of Sora guest starting in Skylanders will come trueP

Anyway i'm not too keen with Game Informer.

Last time I checked, Overwatch was not considered a RPG.

Lol, they'll find a way. X)"

Where did you get that information, KH2 was listed in the 86th position. xP

You are referring to IGN's Top 100 RPGs of All Time. On Game Informers, Kingdom Hearts II is listed at #25.

You are referring to IGN's Top 100 RPGs of All Time. On Game Informers, Kingdom Hearts II is listed at #25.

Oh god I just realized that today, I am so sorry, lol. Between ranting about both of them, I guess I finally got confused between them, lol. But wait, why the heck are they both doing their own top 100 at the same time? 

What would you consider to be a "true ranking"? How can a list of what someone considers to be the best of something be completely objective?

What would you consider to be a "true ranking"? How can a list of what someone considers to be the best of something be completely objective?

In my opinion a ranking has to be based on what the games brought to the industry in terms of influencing future games. For example,in GameInformer's rank, Demon's Souls was placed far behind of Bloodborn, a game totally based on DS which was the one who began this kind of game. When a rank is based on likes and dislikes, it cuts off several important games. If I would do a rank of my own, several Final Fantasy games would be left out, because I hate random encounters and excessive grinding in the old games. But if I would do what I called a "true ranking", obviously any FF game would have to be in because of all the impact they caused on the industry. That's my opinion though.

In my opinion a ranking has to be based on what the games brought to the industry in terms of influencing future games. For example,in GameInformer's rank, Demon's Souls was placed far behind of Bloodborn, a game totally based on DS which was the one who began this kind of game. When a rank is based on likes and dislikes, it cuts off several important games. If I would do a rank of my own, several Final Fantasy games would be left out, because I hate random encounters and excessive grinding in the old games. But if I would do what I called a "true ranking", obviously any FF game would have to be in because of all the impact they caused on the industry. That's my opinion though.

But how far can you stretch "X is better than Y due to the former influencing the later"? There should be a limit, unless you want to argue that Isaac Newton is inherently a superior physic scientist than Einstein due to the later using the former discoveries and investigations to make his own discoveries and scientific theories. Or that Galileo Galilei is an even better scientist than the other two due to his discoveries influencing Newton (who later influenced Einstein).

Edited by Lulcielid