Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

KHUX So Ventus is a Union leader.......................WHAT?

To quote from KH wiki

20170310_063500_thumb.jpg

Ventus was chosen by the Foreteller Master Ava to become a Dandelion and one of the five members to be a replacement Union leader. Master Ava informs Ventus of these events and commands him to meet the other members at the Keyblade Graveyard once the Keyblade War was over. As instructed, Ventus heads there and meets with Ephemer and Skuld.

Not only did Ventus turn out to have existed thousands of years in the past,but he also was part of Ava's Union AND also met with Skuld and Ephemer after the war was over as a member of the Dandelions....................................................................................

Can someone please explain why and how in the firetruck is Ventus here thousands of years before Birth by Sleep started?

How was he found by Xehanort who btw was born WAAAAAAAAAAAY after Ventus's era in chi\unchained\Union X(&KnucklesFeaturingDanteFromTheDevilMayCrySeries) 

How has Ventus never aged a single day ever since he was separated from the Dandelions,Skuld and Ephemer?Was he in the Realm of Darkness for a thousand year?Did he pull a DDD and goddamn time traveled so far into the future and somehow was magically affected with an amnesia when Xehanort found him ?And if he did time travel how was he not separated from his body the same way Ansem SoD(A.K.A Xehanort's Heartless) when he time traveled back to the past to get Young Xehanort into the future?And if he was given time traveling powers by someone else who stabbed himself how did he not run out of time the same way Master Xehanort and his goons in DDD where everyone supposedly "returned to their eras"?

His existence in the Keyblade War's time completely change everything it not potentially creating a time paradox that would need a retcon.Cuz if Ventus ever returned to his time it potentially means however he's gonna live his life there would completely change the course of the plot since once you go back you won't remember anything aside from bullshit about "path will be etched in my heart"

Why?Why was Ventus needed to be here?Out of all the three characters in BBS he's the one we got the most backstory for while we know jackshit about Terra and Aqua aside from being Eraqus's pupils and sparing......sparing....and more sparing.Did he really need his backstory to extend all the way back to the ancient past?There are millions of ways you could tie BBS to chi without this but no they chose possibly more time travel shenanigans

Dude... it's as if as though you weren't around when Kingdom Hearts Union X was announced.

Why?Why was Ventus needed to be here?Out of all the three characters in BBS he's the one we got the most backstory for while we know jackshit about Terra and Aqua aside from being Eraqus's pupils and sparing......sparing....and more sparing.Did he really need his backstory to extend all the way back to the ancient past?There are millions of ways you could tie BBS to chi without this but no they chose possibly more time travel shenanigans

This quote is incorrect on so many levels. For starters, Ventus did not have the "most" backstory, he had the least. We only got more glimpses of his story because he was the only character that didn't originate as Eraqus' pupil. Aqua and Terra were Eraqus' pupils from the start, not much mystery beyond that. So by definition, they're more defined characters by default compared to Ventus who has ambiguity with his past (along with being under Xehanort's wing).

And why did you assume "time travel" shenanigans out of all things? this isn't a retcon at all, there's various ways to manipulate time without retconning the timelines themselves. It's evidently clear that Ventus did not simultaneously exist in the X era and BBS era, he clearly shifted from one era to another. Now the question is, how did he shift from one era to another? The most plausible answer is The Realm of Darkness. After all, it is a visit-able area in Kingdom Hearts Union X.

Edited by Guest

Lol, where have you been, this was covered weeks ago. X'D

But yeah, Ven came from the Age of Fairy Tales and and he was a Dandelion tasked with becoming one of the 5 new Union leaders after the war was over. I don't think it was ever said that he came from the Vulpeus Union, but he is confirmed as a Dandelion at least. As for why he also exists in Xehanort's time, well that's something that we'll just have to find out later. I'm sure it's some kind of time-anomaly thingy, as I'm really not keen on the idea that Ven would have to be put to sleep AGAIN just to wake up 1000 or so years later, it kind of makes the idea of him sleeping now kind of repetitive and redundant. But we'll see soon enough I suppose.

Yes, he is a Union Leader. I thought you knew when Union X[Cross] was announced. If you're now just finding this out, that's fine.

To be fair, we don't know much about the kid. And this is a really good opportunity to tell more about Ventus.

Maybe this would bring up the whole aspect of time travel.  The Realm of Darkness may be the key, since time flows differently there?

My theory is, perhaps something terrible may have happen that regards Ventus, in this so-called world without the memory of devastation.  And whatever that is, he may have gotten his memory of the things regarding him being a Union Leader erased as a safeguard.

We just have to find out later on.

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

Well if you stop and think about it we don't know much of Ventus's past other than the fact that Xehanort found him and brought him to Eraqus. Although my theory is that Ventus here is somehow immortal (which will also explain why Ventus is the same age while he's sleeping in Castle Oblivion) but he lost his memories somehow which i believe will be explained in Union Cross. Although my guess is that his memory loss has something to do with the Pods and Machines in the Old Mansion in Twilight Town and maybe he was put in one of those pods so that he would forget his involvement in Union Cross. Now that i think about it, i wonder if Ventus put himself into one of those pods to forget his memories for some reason. Maybe the things he saw in UC were so painful he chose to erase those memories? Ephemer did say those memories were painful to the point where he wanted to keep it a secret from the lesser dandilions so it's a possibility. But if this is true then someone must have had to find Ventus and got him out of the pod (possibly Xehanort). Honestly i'm really enjoying with how Union Cross is going and i'm hoping we learn more info from this game.

That makes sense but it has to be an upgraded version of the pod since soras body was aging the one year he was asleep

That makes sense but it has to be an upgraded version of the pod since soras body was aging the one year he was asleep

True. But what if Ventus was immortal? Then upgrading the pod to keep someone from aging would be pointless. But now that i think about it that theory does seem a little far fetched. Actually no scratch that, this is Kingdom Hearts were talking about!!! NOTHING MAKES SENSE. (if you don't pay enough attention to the lore that is). Also Ventus doesn't age even though he's sleeping in Castle Oblivion so i'm having faith in this theory.

True. But what if Ventus was immortal? Then upgrading the pod to keep someone from aging would be pointless. But now that i think about it that theory does seem a little far fetched. Actually no scratch that, this is Kingdom Hearts were talking about!!! NOTHING MAKES SENSE. (if you don't pay enough attention to the lore that is). Also Ventus doesn't age even though he's sleeping in Castle Oblivion so i'm having faith in this theory.

It mayd be that there are similar conditions in castle oblivion like in the realm if darkness regarding time bit all in all your theory has merit. We will see what nomura chooses to do maybe he dosent Adress it at all and hopes that we simply forget:)

We don't know how long ago the game takes place. We don't even know the specifics of the world of Unchained/Union (which may or may not take place in a different dimension to the browser game); just that there's some serious metaphysical weirdness going on.

Have you seen the whole episode in which Ventus was chosen as a union leader?

Right now, nothing apart from this has been revealed. 

What brought him centuries into the future though it can be speculated was either kidnap by a time traveling Master Xehanort or centuries spent in The Realm of Darkness and with total amnesia remains unknown. 

Why?Why was Ventus needed to be here?Out of all the three characters in BBS he's the one we got the most backstory for while we know jackshit about Terra and Aqua aside from being Eraqus's pupils and sparing......sparing....and more sparing.

It appears you're misinterpreting complexity as abundance. Ventus has the least backstory; rather than revealing his identity, each of the flashbacks of him in BBS just further established the void that it was, but because of that mystery and uniqueness he's more of a focal point than Terra and Aqua.

Terra and Aqua's backstories may be just as lacking but because they're a given. 

Both were average keyblade wielders. The Ron Weasley to Ventus's Harry Potter.

Just as we don't get Sora's backstory other than his accepting Ventus's heart into his because apart from that event, he was an average boy who grew up on an island spending his days playing with his friends like average kids do. 

Ventus was not just from a different and very important era but additionally wasn't originally Master Eraqus's pupil and was pure of heart under unique circumstances, the only pure of heart character to our current knowledge who was created as such rather than born. 

I'm anxious for the next part of Ven's Unchained Story. 

Edited by Ventus_

Lol, where have you been, this was covered weeks ago. X'D

Being busy with my job since I work 5 days a week as a teacher so I'm bound to miss some news

That and I've been playing Persona 5 to give a shit about KH events currently going on

Being busy with my job since I work 5 days a week as a teacher so I'm bound to miss some news

That and I've been playing Persona 5 to give a shit about KH events currently going on

That's an awesome job. Hopefully the students you teach aren't too much of a pain.

Anyway, Ventus was just recently introduced in the Kingdom Hearts Union X narrative to really paint a definitive picture on how he got to point A to point B. What is confirmed however is that he originated from The Age of Fairy Tales because he doesn't mention anything about Terra or Aqua.

Edited by Guest

(Sorry if grammar is bad, using phone). Idea for thought, ven encounters tragedy of some sort, shock erases his memories at least for the time. Some how gets sent into dark realm and survives only by his own powerful light in his heart, which was could have been accompanied by darkness due to his long exposure in there. He only aged a little due to the dark realm having almost no time change. Eventually Xehanort, who had his own master train him in darkness, found ven and noticed his ratio of light to dark. Where he got the idea for the x-blade, beyond me. Also side note, yen sid possibly having book of phofecy due to being apprentice to the first person to receive book besides 5 apprentices? Food for thought

4 minutes ago, Timothy Eichstaedt said:

(Sorry if grammar is bad, using phone). Idea for thought, ven encounters tragedy of some sort, shock erases his memories at least for the time. Some how gets sent into dark realm and survives only by his own powerful light in his heart, which was could have been accompanied by darkness due to his long exposure in there. He only aged a little due to the dark realm having almost no time change. Eventually Xehanort, who had his own master train him in darkness, found ven and noticed his ratio of light to dark. Where he got the idea for the x-blade, beyond me. Also side note, yen sid possibly having book of phophecy due to being apprentice to the first person to receive book besides 5 apprentices? Food for thought

It's possible, Master Xehanort knows about the Keyblade War and possibly the Book of Prophecy because his master was theorized to be Luxu. 

28 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

It's possible, Master Xehanort knows about the Keyblade War and possibly the Book of Prophecy because his master was theorized to be Luxu. 

It's been pretty hevaily implied that Luxu has a connection to Master Xehanort. It will be interesting to see what happens with this. As for the Ventus situation, my theory is that Kingdom Hearts X takes place in a data simulation created by Ansem the Wise a few years before BBS (apparently this is a pretty common theory) and that Xehanort was able to observe the data world and took an interest in Ventus. He then convinced Ansem the Wise to remove Ventus from the world so he could train him as his apprentice.

I do like this theory of Ventus getting transported into the Realm of Darkness; I never thought of that and it does make sense. 

6 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

It's been pretty hevaily implied that Luxu has a connection to Master Xehanort. It will be interesting to see what happens with this. As for the Ventus situation, my theory is that Kingdom Hearts X takes place in a data simulation created by Ansem the Wise a few years before BBS (apparently this is a pretty common theory) and that Xehanort was able to observe the data world and took an interest in Ventus. He then convinced Ansem the Wise to remove Ventus from the world so he could train him as his apprentice.

I do like this theory of Ventus getting transported into the Realm of Darkness; I never thought of that and it does make sense. 

If I might add, I wonder if it's been clarified if the worlds run on a different time line than the timeline we're used to.  So, maybe a day in Destiny Islands could be twelve years in Atlantica. 

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

If I might add, I wonder if it's been clarified if the worlds run on a different time line than the timeline we're used to.  So, maybe a day in Destiny Islands could be twelve years in Atlantica. 

Huh. I never thought of that before. That would certainly be an interesting mechanic. And slightly off-topic, it could allow future entries of the series to involves the children of disney characters, like Simba's daughter Kiara in the Pride Lands for example. But back on topic, it could also explain why Ventus was alive during Kingdom Hearts X and still showed up in BBS at the same age as KHX. And it could also explain a few other things in KHX that I won't mention in case there are people who haven't made it far enough yet.

5 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

Huh. I never thought of that before. That would certainly be an interesting mechanic. And slightly off-topic, it could allow future entries of the series to involves the children of disney characters, like Simba's daughter Kiara in the Pride Lands for example. But back on topic, it could also explain why Ventus was alive during Kingdom Hearts X and still showed up in BBS at the same age as KHX. And it could also explain a few other things in KHX that I won't mention in case there are people who haven't made it far enough yet.

It could also explain why MX is physically older than Ventus, though I don't know if he's older than Eraqus but that's another topic.  I should make a thread about time lines.

Just now, ienzo628 said:

It could also explain why MX is physically older than Ventus, though I don't know if he's older than Eraqus but that's another topic.  I should make a thread about time lines.

I always assumed that Xehanort was older than Eraqus, but now that you mention it, in the opening of the E3 2015 trailer young Eraqus and Young Xehanort appear to be about the same age. So either Master Xehanort looks old for his age or Eraqus looks young for his age. Or both.

40 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I always assumed that Xehanort was older than Eraqus, but now that you mention it, in the opening of the E3 2015 trailer young Eraqus and Young Xehanort appear to be about the same age. So either Master Xehanort looks old for his age or Eraqus looks young for his age. Or both.

It's possible that their age might be influenced by light and darkness.  Eraqus might look young for his age because he focuses mostly on light while Master Xehanort might look older than he actually is because he uses and focuses on mostly darkness.  It sounds silly.  But then again, the decrepit haunted house is usually associated with darkness, namely a night sky.

Edited by ienzo628

12 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

It's possible that their age might be influenced by light and darkness.  Eraqus might look young for his age because he focuses mostly on light while Master Xehanort might look older than he actually is because he uses and focuses on mostly darkness.  It sounds silly.  But then again, the decrepit haunted house is usually associated with darkness, namely a night sky.

That's an interesting theory. It could also be that MX has spent varying amounts of time in different time periods due to time travel, so as a result he's physically older than Eraqus. 

1 minute ago, Allwil13 said:

That's an interesting theory. It could also be that MX has spent varying amounts of time in different time periods due to time travel, so as a result he's physically older than Eraqus. 

Possibly and Ventus has been stuck in some world where time practically remains frozen like say The Realm of Darkness.

Just now, ienzo628 said:

Possibly and Ventus has been stuck in some world where time practically remains frozen like say The Realm of Darkness.

Could be. I find the Kingdom Hearts series tends to be pretty good at explaining this kind of stuff, so I'll bet we get an acceptable explanation in KH3 for how Ventus was present around the time of the Keyblade War and was somehow also present during BBS at the same age.