Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

TV Once Upon A Time -- General Discussion

So Jennifer Morrison confirmed she's leaving the show, and that the finale is the end of Emma's story. 

Anyone have thoughts on this?

That if this show isn't done and goes through with the reset premise, I'm done with it. 

Call me a sap, but I liked the musical episode: only song that seemed like a misstep was Zelena's, but the "Song as a weapon" thing was just a bit over done. It came off as kinda silly to splice into the Black Fairy/Final Battle arc.

The last song seemed good, though, and sort of acted as a send off for the wedding.

I happen to be a sap myself but this didn't do it for me. 

Personally, I found Hook's number to be a misstep as well because it wasn't unique, it focused on an element of the character that had been put to rest a long time ago and the scene surrounding it was random and not followed through.

Now had he gotten a present number about his concern for Emma facing The Black Fairy alone and how the thought of losing her is unbearable, I'd have dug that. Told yah I was a sap. 

That if this show isn't done and goes through with the reset premise, I'm done with it. 

I happen to be a sap myself but this didn't do it for me. 

Personally, I found Hook's number to be a misstep as well because it wasn't unique, it focused on an element of the character that had been put to rest a long time ago and the scene surrounding it was random and not followed through.

Now had he gotten a present number about his concern for Emma facing The Black Fairy alone and how the thought of losing her is unbearable, I'd have dug that. Told yah I was a sap. 

Reset premise is supposedly season 7.

Now i'm just wanting to hear THAT song instead... that would've be nice. Although I liked the tune to Hook's song, you're right, it's just rehashing put down plot points, and redoing stuff from Season 2. 

A Happy Beginning was good, though, since it was set up like a musical piece, with all the main cast singing. Plus all of the Emma and Hook moments. 

Reset premise is supposedly season 7.

Now i'm just wanting to hear THAT song instead... that would've be nice. Although I liked the tune to Hook's song, you're right, it's just rehashing put down plot points, and redoing stuff from Season 2. 

A Happy Beginning was good, though, since it was set up like a musical piece, with all the main cast singing. Plus all of the Emma and Hook moments. 

Not only was Hook's number irrelevant but he, himself was irrelevant to this backstory, same problem with Zelena's. Not to mention it was slightly awkward, seeing him sharing a scene with Snow while she was pregnant with his future wife. It kinda put the Hook/Emma relationship in an inappropriate perspective. xD

I'll grant that 'New Beginning' almost worked, but didn't quite with the final battle still unfought. It did make for a lovely wedding scene though and functioned well to give almost every member of the primary and secondary cast a second or two on camera. 

Not only was Hook's number irrelevant but he, himself was irrelevant to this backstory, same problem with Zelena's. Not to mention it was slightly awkward, seeing him sharing a scene with Snow while she was pregnant with his future wife. It kinda put the Hook/Emma relationship in an inappropriate perspective. xD

I'll grant that 'New Beginning' almost worked, but didn't quite with the final battle still unfought. It did make for a lovely wedding scene though and functioned well to give almost every member of the primary and secondary cast a second or two on camera. 

The whole thing was just flawed, period. It had ups and downs, and now, after it's premiered, does come off as a ratings grab gimmick. 

Although, if that was Jennifer Morrison's real voice, and not a dub over, she's got a nice tone. 

The whole thing was just flawed, period. It had ups and downs, and now, after it's premiered, does come off as a ratings grab gimmick. 

Although, if that was Jennifer Morrison's real voice, and not a dub over, she's got a nice tone. 

Gimmick indeed and to be honest I thought almost everyone's singing sounded like dub overs. 

Gimmick indeed and to be honest I thought almost everyone's singing sounded like dub overs. 

Ginnifer Goodwin sounded real, since she's done singing before, and Colin O'Donoghue did his, because they put rehearsal footage on youtube, but everyone else is sort of sketchy, except maybe an autotuned Jennifer Morrison. 

Ginnifer Goodwin sounded real, since she's done singing before, and Colin O'Donoghue did his, because they put rehearsal footage on youtube, but everyone else is sort of sketchy, except maybe an autotuned Jennifer Morrison. 

Yeah, I'd say Ginnifer Goodwin sounded the best. 

Those who sounded the most questionably dubbed or autotuned were Josh Dallas and Jennifer Morrison. Lana Parilla a bit as well. 

Yeah, I'd say Ginnifer Goodwin sounded the best. 

Those who sounded the most questionably dubbed or autotuned were Josh Dallas and Jennifer Morrison. Lana Parilla a bit as well. 

She sounded completely auto-tune on "DOWN with love, down with dreams": the words had that weird tilt auto tune gives your voice. 

Goodwin, however, I believe was singing. She might've been aided to sound better, but it sounded too much like her speaking voice to be another singer. 

Morrison... I think may be another singer. Rewatching the Happy Beginning, the tone doesn't match her voice well. 

And don't even try to tell me Granny was singing her lines: that stank of voice over and auto tune, no offense to the actress. 

She sounded completely auto-tune on "DOWN with love, down with dreams": the words had that weird tilt auto tune gives your voice. 

Goodwin, however, I believe was singing. She might've been aided to sound better, but it sounded too much like her speaking voice to be another singer. 

Morrison... I think may be another singer. Rewatching the Happy Beginning, the tone doesn't match her voice well. 

And don't even try to tell me Granny was singing her lines: that stank of voice over and auto tune, no offense to the actress. 

Well, one's singing voice doesn't have to resemble their speaking voice and I did not even pay attention to what Granny even sang. 

Hey there everyone, it's been a while since I posted here! My apologies! Anyways, my thoughts on the musical Episode.

Honestly, I was going into this Episode a bit skeptical, considering that this is the only musical episode the show has ever had, and well, given the dire situation everyone's in, I really didn't think this musical Episode needed to happen. But nonetheless, I enjoyed it, and the musical numbers were actually pretty good! The ones I found myself enjoying most were Hook's song and Emma's when she fought back against the Black Fairy, ya know?

The thing that cracked me up the most is that when Regina went to Rumple and she was like: "Well, sing!" He just up and didn't. That's so like Rumple! Even he wouldn't be caught dead singing about his troubles! xD

But I did find the non musical parts interesting, as things were boiling up to the point where the Final Battle is already here! I can't wait to see how that goes!

But man, I don't know how I feel about a Season 7 for this show...I really believe and strongly think that the show should end with this Sunday's Episode, ya know? But well, that's just what I think!

I recommend it: even cheesy, and semi bad, it was a fun little diversion before the big battle.

I swear, if they ruin Hook, I'm boycotting. 

Would Hook be in the new season without Emma? That seems undoable. 

Would Hook be in the new season without Emma? That seems undoable. 

If it's s reboot, they could possibly boot Emma out of being for the new plot. Parrilla, and Goodwin are supposedly returning as their characters.

The only way this reboot is going to work is if it's new: with the hundreds of characters at their disposal, ABC could easily set the whole story in the Enchanted Forest, and spin off of that. 

If it's s reboot, they could possibly boot Emma out of being for the new plot. Parrilla, and Goodwin are supposedly returning as their characters.

The only way this reboot is going to work is if it's new: with the hundreds of characters at their disposal, ABC could easily set the whole story in the Enchanted Forest, and spin off of that. 

Well, I read an article some time ago which I posted earlier in this thread that teased the reset concept as introducing two characters who are described as seeming to be a gender-swapped Emma and Henry. 

Well, I read an article some time ago which I posted earlier in this thread that teased the reset concept as introducing two characters who are described as seeming to be a gender-swapped Emma and Henry. 

That sounds awful. 

Slightly off topic, have you read any of the books they put out?

It really does. 

The link to the article should be on the first page of this thread. 

Books?

I read it. 

Still sounds awful as all get out. And, relevant to that, someone on Tumblr is posting supposed tweets from the show writers that it'll be Hook and Emma's future for season 7, where Emma is dead (By the old carcrashcanceritis, I guess, because why is she now dead?) and it's their child going on some hokey quest or whatever.

Yeah: they published two comics in 2012 or so, and a novel in 2015, with a new one released this year. The comics tie into official show continuity, but the books seem to be irrelevant. 

I read it. 

Still sounds awful as all get out. And, relevant to that, someone on Tumblr is posting supposed tweets from the show writers that it'll be Hook and Emma's future for season 7, where Emma is dead (By the old carcrashcanceritis, I guess, because why is she now dead?) and it's their child going on some hokey quest or whatever.

Well, nothing on Google premises the storyline, however, the term "reset"/"reboot" seems to be applied not to that but to the cast. 

All that is revealed is the following:

"The series is said to be undergoing a major reboot in Season 7, which will focus on new cast members “Walking Dead” alum Andrew J. West and Alison Fernandez given Morrison’s departure. It is not known at this time how many of the original cast members will return for the new season."

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/once-upon-a-time-renewed-season-7-abc-1202419046/

As well as that Lana Parrilla, Colin O'Donoghue, and Robert Carlyle are currently the only original cast members confirmed to be continuing their roles. 

The two new cast members are supposedly being introduced on Sunday in the season 6 finale. 

Hollywood Reporter claims that Andrew J. West is rumored to be playing an older Henry which would fit with the Hook and daughter storyline. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/once-a-time-renewed-season-7-at-abc-997815

At least one source claims that Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas are, in addition to Jennifer Morrison, confirmed to be leaving. 

Yeah: they published two comics in 2012 or so, and a novel in 2015, with a new one released this year. The comics tie into official show continuity, but the books seem to be irrelevant. 

Hmm, I'll consider them but I've got a pretty full book queue right now. 

Edited by Ventus_