•    Sign In   
  • Create Account
Photo

The first series of Diamond Select Toys' Kingdom Hearts figures shown off at C2E2 2017

KH

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Elfdemon_

Elfdemon_
  • News Team
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

Earlier this year, Diamond Select Toys revealed prototypes of their Kingdom Hearts figures at New York Toy Fair 2017.

Now, Diamond Select Toys have shown off improved versions of these figures at Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) 2017. Last time they were shown, figures of Sora, Roxas, Axel, Mickey Mouse, Maleficent, Jafar, Iago, Abu, a Dusk Nobody, a Shadow Heartless, and a Creeper Plant Heartless were shown. This time, figures of Sora, Axel, Mickey Mouse, a Dusk Nobody, a Shadow Heartless, and a Soldier Heartless were shown. A Vinimate Sora can be seen in the back as well.

Diamond Select Toys C2E2sorafigureC99Q8LKXcAAhVBRC99Q8LNXsAAtM17C99Q8LYW0AU3P2kC CZra WAAE8U53C CZsMiXkAEg4AM

In the image, you can see some of the articulation of the figures. Not all of the figures will have the same amount of articulation, due to the size of the figures and due to how easy it is to hide the articulation in the sculpt. Expect to see 8 - 12 in the character figures, and little or none in the Heartless figures.

UPDATE 1: More detailed photos have been added of the Sora, Axel, Mickey Mouse, and the Soldier Heartless figures by Diamond Select Toys, which were featured about booth #817 at C2E2. You can view these images above.

UPDATE 2: The official Diamond Select Toys Twitter account has released an image of their Vinimates display at C2E2 2017 at their booth #817. In this display, you can see the Sora Vinimate and get a better look at him than in the previous photo. Sora can be seen on the third shelf down and to the right. View the image of the display below:

Sora Vinimates C2E2

UPDATE 3: Thanks to @JayCochran on Twitter, we now have a new photo of the Sora figure and a new photo of the Mickey figure. View these images with the other images above.

Click here to view the article

#2 James Lutz

James Lutz

Large Champion 3+3

• 681 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

I guess they're okay. I know they're different, but these really pale in comparison to the Play Arts Kai Figures. The are probably cheaper too. Oh well, something for the peasants I guess.

#3 OmegaForte

OmegaForte

My enemies always fall before me!

• 2,910 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:15 PM

Yet again another American figure company, yet no Japanese/any other figure company that can actually sculpt. 

#4 Zerrick

Zerrick
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:11 PM

hmmm, not going to lie these look pretty bad, the clothes are...okay, but the faces, dear god those faces.

#5 James Lutz

James Lutz

Large Champion 3+3

• 681 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

Honestly, these toys kinda rank up there with awkward Sora at Disney World...
tumblr_mkofwoinWI1s99lsfo1_500.jpg

Ugh.... Disney, what WERE you thinking! lol

#6 Merilly

Merilly
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

Yet again another American figure company, yet no Japanese/any other figure company that can actually sculpt.

Agreed... There are so many great companies which provide quality figures and they don't have to be 150$ per figure. (Though I wouldn't mind more dynamic figures at higher prices once in awhile.) But Square and Disney seem to be rather uptight about giving licenses to other companies. Instead, we get those weird figures... The Heartless and the Dusk look good but the rest is not my cup of tea.
I would really enjoy a line similar to Kotobukiya's ARTFX J for Pokemon, though any decent company is fine.

I have nothing against the PAKs but personally, I prefer static arts above PAKs, especially if they have less generic poses. And the faces are always a matter of luck.

#7 IwasBornAsVentus

IwasBornAsVentus
  • 357 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

There's a CHIBI Sora that I wanna see more in detail

#8 RikuFangirl2008

RikuFangirl2008

The One Who Walks the Road to Dawn

• 2,278 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

This kind of remind me of those figurenes from the Orignal Kingdom Hearts booklet.

They look alright to me.

#9 TwilightSky15

TwilightSky15
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:40 PM

Play Kai Arts figures for poor people

#10 BlankShell

BlankShell

Amazing Cyber Sleuth

• 1,705 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:25 AM

The Heartless look pretty good, and the Disney characters aren't so bad, but my god the human figures are... horrific.

#11 DaOwlCat

DaOwlCat

"edgy teen whos into memes"

• 74 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

Me - Sora? SORA?

Sora - A l l   a r o u n d   m e   a r e   f a m i l i a r   f a c e s ...  

#12 SurSalute

SurSalute
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:49 PM

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-22%20at%2011.33.

The last thing that a Heartless sees.

#13 Young_Master_Eraqueez

Young_Master_Eraqueez

*insert IGN meme here*

• 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

The only one that looks decent in my opinion is that Soldier Heartless.