Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shimmy

Which worlds do you think Sora (and co.) should transform in?

Which worlds do you think Sora (and co.) should transform in?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which worlds (and potential worlds) do you think Sora (and co.) should transform in?

• Zootopia
    • Oliver and Company
    • The Fox and the Hound
    • Lady and the Tramp
    • Bambi
    • The Jungle Book
    • Princess and the Frog
    • Tarzan (In retrospect)
    • None transformation is overdone
    • Another world? Comment below!

For clarification we've lost rights to Tarzan but it still might have been cool to have a Monkey Sora or some sort, no? Hypothetical what ifs are my favorite after all. 

I've personally got no preference on this topic. Perhaps Princess and the Frog? 

For clarification we've lost rights to Tarzan but it still might have been cool to have a Monkey Sora or some sort, no? Hypothetical what ifs are my favorite after all. 

I've personally got no preference on this topic. Perhaps Princess and the Frog? 

Not really, there's already humans in this world, and Sora fits in perfectly fine as a human. Really I think making him a monkey would have been too much too soon, especially for an early world such as that in the first Kingdom Hearts game.

Aside from Zootopia, I think only Princess and the Frog would be necessary, but then again you could just shrink Sora and co. down to the size of frogs instead of actual frogs themselves. Zootopia I only have trouble with because of the fact that Donald and Goofy are already pretty anthropomorphic. Is there a rule that they HAVE to transform with Sora in any world he changes appearance in, because at that point I feel changing up two anthropomorphic animal characters to match Sora having to fit in with a bunch of other anthropomorphic animal characters would just be too redundant. If they can just make an exception to the formula and just let Sora be the only one who transforms in this case, then I'd be fine with it.

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

There's not many appropriate examples I can think of, not even the ones listed above.

I mean, there's something like A Bug's Life, but the aesthetic would just be off-putting... that is, unless you just put them in "bug cosplay" or something and have everybody buy it. That'd be hilarious. xD

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Honestly, transformation in Zootopia feels pointless when Donald and Goofy are already animals (though admittedly there are no birds in Zootopia. Then again, Donald doesn't wear trousers which would also be unusual to the residents of Zootopia). I think they'd get away with having Sora be the only human in the world and just pass him off as a curiosity to the characters of the world.

Of more priority to me would be the Princess and the Frog. If you were to go on an adventure with Tiana and Naveen as frogs, you'd want to give the characters the opportunity to interact with each other on the same scale and fight together. You could do that with the crocodile character (I forget his name) but given that he's a side character and kind of an exception to the main cast, I think it'd be more fitting for Sora and Co to be at least closer to their size. Either deliberately as per the norm, or even better, by being turned into animals when they arrive by Dr Facilier as a way of one-upping them from the start. Could be a lot of fun.

(Side note: So if Kairi went to the Princess and the Frog world and kissed Naveen, would that break the spell since she's a Princess of Heart?)

I don't really have anything against transformations but it feels like the moment Sora & Co. transform into anything remotely non-human, the overall plot can't be advanced without making it look ridiculous or completely out of place. At least if there's no corresponding Disney villain part of the general plot like in the first KH game. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I believe there's a reason why Organization XIII members never appeared in worlds like Pride Lands and instead had comic relief characters like Pete appear.

That doesn't have to exclude transformations in future titles at all, I just wouldn't like it to be overdone. I want the worlds in KH3 to be important to the general plot again and not just replaying Disney scenarios. This is immensely difficult to achieve in my opinion without making it look entirely ludicrous.