•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

New Nintendo Switch Project Teased by Chrono Trigger's Director, Takashi Tokita

Nintendo Switch Nintendo Chrono Trigger Square

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shulk

Shulk
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Development on a new Nintendo Switch game has been teased by Takashi Tokita, the director of the legendary RPG Chrono Trigger and various other Square games. He posted a picture of a Switch on Twitter with the text "Top secret mission starts!" as a caption. He's also worked on games such as I Am Setsuna and the GameBoy Advance remakes of Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI.

Source

#2 Mystics Apprentice

Mystics Apprentice

Colorfully ecstatic Time Mage

• 2,045 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

It'd be fantastic for Square Enix to shower some attention onto Nintendo again. Words can't express how much I would adore a Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI remaster, or just about any JRPG for the Switch, really.

#3 Green Sparrow

Green Sparrow

tinker tocker

• 819 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

I'm still on the fence for the Switch, but a Final Fantasy VI Remake would definitely push me over!

#4 Alpha Baymax

Alpha Baymax
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:15 AM

You know what I'd love to see? An enhanced remaster of Xenogears. After all, if said project ends up being a Switch exclusive, they can get Monolith Soft Osaka to help out with further development.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nintendo Switch, Nintendo, Chrono Trigger, Square