It wasn't literally "bad" and it wasn't a waste of time either. It was rather a disappointment, because such movie was expected to cover most of the events of Chi in general but then they told us that it focuses on Foretellers, then we thought that maybe it would give better details if we took the aspect of the masters, but boy I was wrong.
- Instead of being a complete movie, they pointlessly divided them into episodes with each of them having the point of view of a single Foretller, which was a bad move cuz even Re:Coded felt more connected than Back Cover when it comes to cutscene events.
- They brought more questions to the plot than answering the previous ones, most of the titles answer some questions before raising new ones but this movie didn't.
- They disappointlsly didn't bring the events of Keyblade War (the events that happened at the end of Unchained Chi) and decided to stop the events on a very random part of the event.
- The fighting events weren't satisfying and we didn't even see all of the Foretellers fighting except two of them.
- Ephemera didn't have enough roles and Skuld didn't appear whatsoever even when they were considered the main protagonists of Chi.
- The movie didn't cover all of the events that happened DURING the events of Back Cover, they simply focused completely on the Foretellers that they didn't try to connect things with Unchained Chi, which is unusual for KH titles.
For those reasons, I find the movie to be disappointing, nevertheless, not bad since it had gorgeous graphics with the plots having the mysterious element. It wasn't a waste of time since it's important to know why the Foretellers were fighting.