•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Was X Back Cover a Bad Movie?

X Back Cover Kingdom Hearts 2.8

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Cricket

Cricket

Scientist first, Nerd second - oh wait

• 2,447 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:01 PM

it's the best KH movie

And the only KH movie :} (not counting the re-mastered cut scenes from 1.5, 2.5, etc etc)

---

I wanted more of Noctis' evil voice, but overall, it piqued my interest with the mysterious box and MoM and possibly the reincarnation theory, etc.

#22 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Guardian Of Darkness!"

• 11,805 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

And the only KH movie :} (not counting the re-mastered cut scenes from 1.5, 2.5, etc etc)

---

I wanted more of Noctis' evil voice, but overall, it piqued my interest with the mysterious box and MoM and possibly the reincarnation theory, etc.

After Re:Coded, I'd say that Back Cover was indeed a well executed cinematic Kingdom Hearts entry. What killed Days is the lack of battle scenes, but I still loved it to death, especially with the added Xion battle scene!

But going back to Back Cover, it was awesome, and I just loved getting a glimpse at the Foretellers and how they operated! There was definitely discord and distrust upon them! I loved the Master Of Masters, and I hope this isn't the last we see of him in the Kingdom Hearts series!

#23 Hallowseve

Hallowseve

"If you have a dream, don't wait. Act."

• 277 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:33 PM

Going to chime into this topic and give my brief two cents.

I feel like Back Cover was actually pretty good for the most part. I really liked that they touched upon the Foretellers and gave them unique personalities. I also really liked the comic relief with the Master of Masters. The soundtrack was also great, but only a few tracks have been uploaded somewhere from it.

Anyway...back the the point. The character development was pretty good. I wished they would've shown a little more of Ephemer and included Skuld in the mix. Perhaps, they should've waited to release Back Cover till post Union-Cross. It also would've given them the excuse to release 3D renders of the Dandelions and new Foretellers. Overall, I liked the movie, but felt like it was missing some tidbits here and there.

#24 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"Guardian Of Darkness!"

• 11,805 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:45 PM

Going to chime into this topic and give my brief two cents.

I feel like Back Cover was actually pretty good for the most part. I really liked that they touched upon the Foretellers and gave them unique personalities. I also really liked the comic relief with the Master of Masters. The soundtrack was also great, but only a few tracks have been uploaded somewhere from it.

Anyway...back the the point. The character development was pretty good. I wished they would've shown a little more of Ephemer and included Skuld in the mix. Perhaps, they should've waited to release Back Cover till post Union-Cross. It also would've given them the excuse to release 3D renders of the Dandelions and new Foretellers. Overall, I liked the movie, but felt like it was missing some tidbits here and there.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But it seems as though Nomura was content to give us Back Cover as it is. Who knows? Maybe another installment could be in the works as DLC for 2.8! This means that all that would have to be done is simply create more cutscenes and add them to Back Cover, such as the Roxas vs. Xion fight was added to the Days cutscenes in 1.5+2.5! It's not impossible! :3

#25 Neptune

Neptune

Night Sky

• 117 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

It was a bit of both to me. I liked watching the back cover it was entertaining and the characters fit perfectly. I thought some questions might be answered in the movie, but I have more questions before I started watching it. Like who's the real traitor? Why the heck Skuld didn't appear! ?
And why the master of master left? I'm not even sure he's a good or bad guy. This movie just makes me want to know what happened. The ending was driving me crazy. I would pay Nomura to continue the back cover movie. Please take my money Nomura!