Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Do you think Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover was a bad movie, If so why? In this video I discuss that very topic, I have a lot of opinions regarding this and cover as much as possible. Anyways i'll leave the rest of the talking to the video, Hope you enjoy!! :D :D 

Edited by xTheOnlyProdigyx

It was bad. It brought up all these questions that it never bothered to answer, only one character had any sort of arc (Aced is the only one you can definitely see). I don't understand how anyone could think it could be good.

It was a huge waste of time. Even removing expectations, the story/cutscenes were sloppily put together, the movie was repetitive, no Skuld and it ended abruptly. The only good thing about it was getting to see the X characters in movie form.

I loved Back Cover. It was a simple story, yet very interesting. Many questions were answered and we were left with only a few questions at the end, which I highly consider to be a good thing as it keeps me interested and wanting to learn more. Really the only questions I was left with were:

1. What's in the box?
  2. What are the Master of Masters' intentions?

The characters were really interesting, with their own personalities and roles, and the conflict and moments between them was really amazing. I just can't help but rewatch the cutscenes as I just love watching these characters discuss and interact with one another.

I just watched the whole "movie" last night, and it exceeded my expectations.  In fact, I thought it was really well done overall, and only left a few essential questions at the end.  My hype level for KH3 is now officially through the roof!

Oh, and Back Cover has me now genuinely interested in trying to play through Unchained X/Union Cross (whatever it's now called), as I was previously on the fence about it, due to how different it was from all the other KH titles I've played up to this point.

Edited by Neoshadow99

I really like X Back Cover because all the main characters. Each Union Leader have their own personality, their own role, and all of them are really relatable. Even the Master of Masters is relatable and really funny. I thought it was a good movie and I hope in the future Square will decide to make and release a real Kingdom Hearts cg animated movie in theaters and use the same technology like they did with X Back Cover.

It was fantastic and very entertaining. The characters were all great as well. And it has some of the best writing and voice acting in the whole series. It was waaayyyy too short though and it should've covered all of the KHX/KHUX story. It also had no climax.

Edited by Elfdemon_

It was firetrucking horrible!

I don't remember much of that ''movie'' and I hope I won't ever remember it.

The movie failed to explain what is all happening in the world of the foretellers.

I was like:

1. Why are these people the leaders?
  2. Why do they wear masks? I understand for their tribus which if you ask me shouldn't even exist in the first place but why hide your face hell how do you look through those masks I want to know I am fascinated by it.
  3. OMG they are so one dimensional
  4. Wait are these the only living people in this world I remember watching the MMO a few times there are more people here.
  5. Wait why is he the Master? Did he create the people in the world?

The movie failed to explain people who didn't knew about the MMO before.

Why are there a hundred houses there seriously for a few dumb people.

So there is this traitor but there was no traitor anyway and this all could lead to a war... Of just a few people lol more a street war.

There are also this fight scene in the movie between the foretellers but they just go black screen... And that was it? I missed the first keyblade wielders ever fighting? You can't be serious.

The editing was just yuk well oke.

Oke first the Keyblade started as this magical weapon in KH1 sure a mystical weapon, Birth By Sleep: Everybody can have a keyblade but with some training and ceremo- WAIT these keyblades are just for war? whatever these keyblades used to be special untill 2012.

And the movie ends... ''That was it seriously I wanted to see the war!''

The only things I liked was

+Graphics

+Voices

+Animation

+The Master and his keyblade he was good one big troll xD!

That was it and you know I might have forgiven this all... If they just explained things better and had fun characters.

I actually quite liked it, haha. I enjoy most things with the Foretellers (though it appears that said opinion is unpopular). 
I did wish we'd get a face reveal though, unless that's a plot point Nomura's gonna cover with Union Cross. I dunno how he's gonna pace this whole mess lol

Overall though I enjoyed the atmosphere and the visuals were stunning! Characters also had a lot of personality despite such a short amount of screen time which was also quiet enjoyable. Definitely my favorite (cutscene) movie out of all of Kingdom hearts at the very least.

Edited by Shimmy

I personally had mixed feelings about it. It felt like it only raised more questions than it answered, and I didn't understand why they didn't actually try to do something to resolve the problems that had been sewn in the group. Instead, most of them were too focused on finding out who the traitor was and blaming each other.

For Ava, she seemed to only be focused on the Master's orders and protecting Gula. While this is good, she also never really tried to do anything to resolve the issues that were going on, and just wished for the problem to go away. I was kind of disappointed to find out that she only created the Dandelion union under the Master's orders, rather than being more of her own volition. In the end, she just turned out to be faithful to the Master's orders, even though she had encouraged Ephemer to question things. But who knows? Maybe she'll end up doing something that does go against her orders.

In Ira's case, all he did was sit and read, rather than trying to be a good leader and keep everyone together. Then in the 2nd half, he just gives into fate? So much for his resolve to protect the world that currently exists.

I wasn't really impressed with Invi. All she did was cause more problems with the way she communicated with Aced, and initially pinned him for being "tainted by darkness" rather than being the mediator that she was supposed to be. No wonder Aced had problems with her.

Aced was spirited and held his values high, but he was rash, stubborn and pushy. He would have been good if he didn't let his anger against Invi and Ira get the best of him.

I personally did not like Gula. He just seemed like that kind of guy who thought he was smart, when he really wasn't. I especially hated that stupid grin he made during the Aced-Invi fight, like he was so confident that he "knew" Aced was the traitor.

In the Master's case, well, I kind of get the feeling that he was mostly just playing everyone for the sake of his own curiosity. He may have been testing to see if the circumstances of the future could change, but he seemed pretty indifferent about it, not really even caring about the fate of his pupils and those who would get involved.

And for Luxu, not a whole lot to be said. We were just left with another big mystery for him.

All in all, I feel like some of the characters could have been given more character. Really, the only two union leaders I actually did like were Aced and Ava. Although Aced had his flaws, he at least wanted to take action and prepare against the coming darkness. Ava kept true to her role, and just wanted everything to end. I feel like she could have at least tried to ease tensions in the group, especially during the fight against Aced, but at least she wasn't being nosy and looking to point blame at anyone. The storytelling certainly could have been better as well. It just didn't feel very rich, especially compared to Days and, even Coded. Granted, those two were games before they were movies, but Backcover should have been much more polished, even if it did mean extra delays. I did enjoy what I could from it, but I'm certainly not motivated to watch it again, whereas I could watch Days pretty much anytime.

Edited by Svard

Personally, it was entertaining but pointless in the grand scheme of things.

Like many others, I was hoping it would cover the entire Unchained/Union story since I fell behind in the game and didn't feel like grinding my way back into it. In hindsight, I probably expected too much from a movie that literally calls itself a Back Cover. It's actually a pretty fitting name.

Visually, it's great. It gives us a good taste of what's to come and has some nice character models and lighting.

Story wise, I thought it was pretty gripping. The characters for the most part were interesting and I was engaged throughout. It just didn't wrap up very well, the ending felt out of nowhere and lots of things were unsolved. I knew it wasn't that long but I was surprised when it just ended the way it did.

Overall, it felt like one huge teaser for the mobile game. It wasn't a terrible watch but as a movie there were too many unexplored things even for players of the game.

Great video, Prodigy!

And well, as for me, I honestly loved Back Cover! I thought it was amazing, and it provided a look at the Foretellers during the whole situation going on in X/Unchained X! I just loved the fact that there was this air of mystery all the time, and while I did want to see if the traitor would be revealed, and while I wanted to see if the Foretellers would reveal their faces, none of these things happened, but that didn't bother me! What I loved most is that everything was going down the drain while the Master Of Masters was sitting in a corner, watching this all happen and probably enjoying himself! Considering how much of an enigma he is and his suspicious ways, he probably set everything up so there would be conflict! Luxu seemed to be okay with him, though, so that's interesting!

I thought that Back Cover was awesome, and it posed many questions that will most likely either be answered or at least be shed a little light on in Kingdom Hearts III, since Nomura said that X connects with Kingdom Hearts III!

The Master Of Masters is too awesome, though. xD

I loved it. The movie was originally made and there were no repetitive scenes. It also made me understand more of the Foretellers' roles.

The only thing that made me disappointed was they didn't include Skuld in the movie. I was so looking forward to her! :(

And I enjoyed the Master of Masters' character. At first I thought he was a serious character in KH UX but nope he's funny and full of sass. :D

I loved it. The movie was originally made and there were no repetitive scenes. It also made me understand more of the Foretellers' roles.

The only thing that made me disappointed was they didn't include Skuld in the movie. I was so looking forward to her! :(

And I enjoyed the Master of Masters' character. At first I thought he was a serious character in KH UX but nope he's funny and full of sass. :D

Yeah, I know what you mean! Each scene had something different, and my most favorite scenes were the ones when the Master Of Masters told them all of their specific roles, ya know? And well, basically, any scene the Master Of Masters was in was a show stealer! xD

Oh, I know, I wish I'd seen her too, but oh well, what can ya do, am I right?

Lol, yeah, I never expected him to be so unpredictable! He's definitely a mysterious yet charming individual! x3

I hesitate to call it a "movie" even more than the other "movies" which are just cutscene compilations. 

This one feels like the middle half of a movie most of the time. No proper establishment of the characters before things go to shit and not even an open ending compared to the complete non-ending it has.

Edited by Andrew Rowland

And the only KH movie :} (not counting the re-mastered cut scenes from 1.5, 2.5, etc etc)

---

I wanted more of Noctis' evil voice, but overall, it piqued my interest with the mysterious box and MoM and possibly the reincarnation theory, etc.

After Re:Coded, I'd say that Back Cover was indeed a well executed cinematic Kingdom Hearts entry. What killed Days is the lack of battle scenes, but I still loved it to death, especially with the added Xion battle scene!

But going back to Back Cover, it was awesome, and I just loved getting a glimpse at the Foretellers and how they operated! There was definitely discord and distrust upon them! I loved the Master Of Masters, and I hope this isn't the last we see of him in the Kingdom Hearts series!

Going to chime into this topic and give my brief two cents.

I feel like Back Cover was actually pretty good for the most part. I really liked that they touched upon the Foretellers and gave them unique personalities. I also really liked the comic relief with the Master of Masters. The soundtrack was also great, but only a few tracks have been uploaded somewhere from it.

Anyway...back the the point. The character development was pretty good. I wished they would've shown a little more of Ephemer and included Skuld in the mix. Perhaps, they should've waited to release Back Cover till post Union-Cross. It also would've given them the excuse to release 3D renders of the Dandelions and new Foretellers. Overall, I liked the movie, but felt like it was missing some tidbits here and there.

Going to chime into this topic and give my brief two cents.

I feel like Back Cover was actually pretty good for the most part. I really liked that they touched upon the Foretellers and gave them unique personalities. I also really liked the comic relief with the Master of Masters. The soundtrack was also great, but only a few tracks have been uploaded somewhere from it.

Anyway...back the the point. The character development was pretty good. I wished they would've shown a little more of Ephemer and included Skuld in the mix. Perhaps, they should've waited to release Back Cover till post Union-Cross. It also would've given them the excuse to release 3D renders of the Dandelions and new Foretellers. Overall, I liked the movie, but felt like it was missing some tidbits here and there.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. But it seems as though Nomura was content to give us Back Cover as it is. Who knows? Maybe another installment could be in the works as DLC for 2.8! This means that all that would have to be done is simply create more cutscenes and add them to Back Cover, such as the Roxas vs. Xion fight was added to the Days cutscenes in 1.5+2.5! It's not impossible! :3

It was a bit of both to me. I liked watching the back cover it was entertaining and the characters fit perfectly. I thought some questions might be answered in the movie, but I have more questions before I started watching it. Like who's the real traitor? Why the heck Skuld didn't appear! ?

And why the master of master left? I'm not even sure he's a good or bad guy. This movie just makes me want to know what happened. The ending was driving me crazy. I would pay Nomura to continue the back cover movie. Please take my money Nomura!