Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shulk

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker (PS4/Xbox One/PC)

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker is the newest Naruto game from Namco Bandai! Not much is known yet, but judging from the trailer, it looks to be a fighting (Or adventure?) game very focused on free movement through the game's environments. The trailer highlights 4 vs 4 team matches, a first for the Naruto series. The trailer shows a focus on Part 2/Shippuden, and the title suggests that Boruto's storyline will feature as well. It looks very promising!

Confirmed characters:

Naruto

Sasuke

Sakura

Kakashi

Pain

Konan

Itachi

Kisame

Well, I'm hooked.

But I'm still not sure if "Naruto to Boruto" the title is just using the Japanese word for "and", i.e. "to", or if it's literally called "Naruto to Boruto" implying a transition from Naruto to Boruto with all that generation stuff.

Given how this logo literally has an arrow in it, maybe the latter is right xD

10dsgte.jpg

Was I the only one expecting something like Mario Strikers Charged upon seeing the word "Striker" in the title?

Oh, it's just me

Don't worry, you're one of a million unoriginal people that thought that too. Including Reyn. xD

Was I the only one expecting something like Mario Strikers Charged upon seeing the word "Striker" in the title?

Oh, it's just me

Nah you're not the only one

Tho I prefer the original Mario Strikers on GameCube over Charged

Anywho back on topic.Is this gonna be a traditional online game or an MMO?

Cuz I'd imagine you need a ginormous budget and expert staff to run this with stable servers and a framerate that won't shit itself when the action gets hectic especially if they're planning to do Kaijo-esque battles between the Jinchurikis

Anywho back on topic.Is this gonna be a traditional online game or an MMO?

Cuz I'd imagine you need a ginormous budget and expert staff to run this with stable servers and a framerate that won't shit itself when the action gets hectic especially if they're planning to do Kaiju-esque battles between the Jinchurikis

FTYF

Anyways: an MMO would mostly likely imply character creation ala Xenoverse. And as much fun anidea that would be for a Naruto game, it doesn't look like that will be the case.

FTYF

Anyways: an MMO would mostly likely imply character creation ala Xenoverse. And as much fun anidea that would be for a Naruto game, it doesn't look like that will be the case.

Doubt it'd be a Xenoverse game and from the look of it it might be an Always-online game

Doubt it'd be a Xenoverse game and from the look of it it might be an Always-online game

Nah, advertising online is just a strong point nowadays. I mean, of course, the Naruto game fanbase is going to want to play online battles, they played the Storm games.

So, I'm just spitballing here, but I've been thinking about what kind of roster this game is going to have. Obviously, it'll most definetly be stacked due to the team mechanics and the inherent need to provide as many tag combos from various characters as possible but I put some particular thinking into this roster based on both the regular Naruto favorites that will be involved as well as the inclusion of Boruto.

Of course, we have characters confirmed so far:

Naruto

Sasuke

Sakura

Kakashi

Itachi

Kisame

Konan

Pain

But here are my predictions for some, if not, the entirety of the roster (assuming that the Naruto characters will only have Shippuden incarnations and not have later Boruto incarnations):

Sai

Ino

Shikamaru

Choji

Kiba

Asuma

Shino

Hinata

Kurenai

Neji

Lee

Tenten

Gai

Yamato

Anko

Jiraiya

Tsunade

Hashirama

Tobirama

Hiruzen

Minato

Danzo

Konohamaru

Gaara

Temari

Kankuro

A

Killer B

Darui

Omoi

Karui

Mei

Chojuro

Misuno

Zabuza

Haku

Onoki

Kurostsuchi

Akatsuchi

Orochimaru

Kabuto

Suigetsu

Jugo

Karin

Deidara

Sasori

Hidan

Kakuzu

Obito

Madara

Kaguya

Momoshiki

Boruto

Sarada

Shikadai

Chocho

Inojin

Metal

Mirai

Edited by Firaga

So, I'm just spitballing here, but I've been thinking about what kind of roster this game is going to have. Obviously, it'll most definetly be stacked due to the team mechanics and the inherent need to provide as many tag combos from various characters as possible but I put some particular thinking into this roster based on both the regular Naruto favorites that will be involved as well as the inclusion of Boruto.

Of course, we have characters confirmed so far:

Naruto

Sasuke

Sakura

Kakashi

Itachi

Kisame

Konan

Pain

But here are my predictions for some, if not, the entirety of the roster (assuming that the Naruto characters will only have Shippuden incarnations and not have later Boruto incarnations):

Sai

Ino

Shikamaru

Choji

Kiba

Asuma

Shino

Hinata

Kurenai

Neji

Lee

Tenten

Gai

Yamato

Anko

Jiraiya

Tsunade

Hashirama

Tobirama

Hiruzen

Minato

Danzo

Konohamaru

Gaara

Temari

Kankuro

A

Killer B

Darui

Omoi

Karui

Mei

Chojuro

Misuno

Zabuza

Haku

Orochimaru

Kabuto

Suigetsu

Jugo

Karin

Deidara

Sasori

Hidan

Kakuzu

Obito

Madara

Kaguya

Momoshiki

Boruto

Sarada

Shikadai

Chocho

Inojin

Metal

Mirai

Shukaku was in the last scans, so I think Gaara's pretty much confirmed at this point, too.

As for your predictions, they're all pretty solid. Would be nice to have more characters from Part 2 (Along with people like Hanabi and Toneri), but given how huge the roster is and the fact that this isn't just another Storm game where they could reuse models/movesets, it's understandable that there might not be a lot of characters who weren't in Storm 4.

... Although I still need Kushina. Rin would be nice, too.

Shukaku was in the last scans, so I think Gaara's pretty much confirmed at this point, too.

As for your predictions, they're all pretty solid. Would be nice to have more characters from Part 2 (Along with people like Hanabi and Toneri), but given how huge the roster is and the fact that this isn't just another Storm game where they could reuse models/movesets, it's understandable that there might not be a lot of characters who weren't in Storm 4.

... Although I still need Kushina. Rin would be nice, too.

Forgot about Shukaku, honestly. Might as well count the rest of the Jinchuriki in there while we're at it.

Hanabi will probably definetly be in, though I only say that because of her involvement in more recent things like The Last and the Boruto anime. She's gotten a lot of attention lately for someone who barely had any sceentime or even lines in the original manga. xD

Kushina is also a good choice for obvious reasons though I think it'd be fun to get away from the whole "super powered housewife" schtick she had in Storm and focus more on having her use some Nine Tails or even Uzumaki sealing style attacks. She can still be comedic, but still, nothing wrong with a little change-up.

I'm not sure about Rin. I mean, maybe if a Boyhood arc Kakashi and Obito are included but I just don't really see that happening either.

Grab your potato chips and breath a sigh of annoyance about how everything is a drag because this newest (and for some reason grayscale) scan from WSJ confirms that Shikamaru and Choji will be playable characters in Shinobi Strikers!

NarutotoBorutoScan.jpg

Source

It also details more abut the new type system by explaining the special abilities/attacks of the previously mentioned two as well as Naruto and Sasuke:

Shikamaru is a stamina type and his special attack is Shadow Stitching Jutsu which can be used to stun opponents while your teammates perform attacks. Choji’s attribute is defense and he will be able to overwhelm the opposing side with his Expansion Jutsu.

Sasuke who is a launch/throw type can perform Kirin which can hit multiple enemies if they’re close and Naruto, an attack type can perform his Wind Style: Rasenshuriken in Sage Mode.

EDIT: (7/19/17)

More characters are confirmed as Rock Lee and Hinata Hyuga join the fray!

LeeHinata.jpg

Source

Edited by Firaga