Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Justjack91

KHUX Theory: Ventus sleeping and connection to Chi/Union X (as of 3/21)

Hi everyone!  Name's Jack.  New to the forums but long time reader.

So I have been attempting to come up with a theory as to why Ventus has a connection to the time and world of Unchained Chi based on a few assumptions.  My hope is to tie this to other story points in the series that can back this up.

Without further ado, let's get into it.

So for my theory to work, the idea that Unchained Chi is a "sleeping world" is important.  Whatever form that is (within the Book of Prophecies, within the Realm of Sleep, etc.), we are essentially in a dream world.  That's what I'm going to assume.

Anyone remember the original "Fragmentary Passage" reveal from BBS:FM?  The game that essentially became 2.8 that Nomura wanted to make but couldn't at the time?  In that cinematic, we see several things (Mickey in the RoD, Donald and Goofy in Traverse Town, etc.), but one thing that was always confounding for me is Ventus literally disappearing form the Chamber of Waking (along with Sora, but that's a different point).  This was never truly touched on by any game but keep this moment in mind.

We know your entire physical being needs to go to the Realm of Sleep (not just you taking a snooze and your mind goes there).

We also know that Ventus's armor went to Sora to protect him from falling into darkness in DDD.

There's also that moment where, when Sora is greeted by the Dream Eaters in DDD, Ventus is shown smiling in the Chamber of Waking

With all that in mind, here's my theory:

I believe that Ventus, right at the end of DDD, has actually entered the dream world of Unchained Chi much like Sora and Riku did for their Mark of Mastery in order to "wake up" the world and any relevant characters from that time.  Ventus literally leaves the Chamber of Waking (even for just a while) thanks to Sora entering the Realm of Sleep to do his own little adventure.  The armor is gone because he used it to protect Sora.  He looks younger similarly to how Sora and Riku were affected by the Realm of Sleep.

Ventus isn't just a couch potato in a coma.  He's actually DOING something to help everyone out and they don't even know it.

This literally has nothing to do with Master Xehanort or Ven actually being from that time (we see the actual events and that he's not there in the Browser Chi).  He's taking an alternate route to influence this world much like Sora and company have time and time again.  Whether or not he's doing it on purpose, I believe his actions are what will change the course to avoid the tragedy of the Keyblade War and possibly the loss of characters like the Foretellers.

Now, this theory is still as of 3/21 with Union X coming out 3/23 so it's very possible this will all be moot, and the reveal of those other 2 Union characters may change everything too, but for now I feel like this is a better perspective than the casual viewer saying "Ven's from that far in the past!?!?!"

And again, this is assuming the rules of this series actually hold water with the Realm of Sleep and what we've been told so far.

Please let me know what you think of this theory and any holes you think might be in it. :)

Edited by Justjack91

Wait a second... that IS a good theory and I noticed something. The MoM gave a list to master Ava, with the names of the 5 people who are supposed to created new Unions. 1 of the names was circled in red. That person should get a book of prophecies, we don't know who's it is though, but what if it is Ventus? Did the master of masters planned all of this? But how would he? Uhm....

But dang, pretty good theory xD

Very solid theory! I always had this feeling that the world of Union X is a sleeping world where Ventus has ventured to and not him being hundreds of years old. 

But let's be real, Ven being the Peter Pan of Kingdom Hearts is an awesome concept. It'd make him being the "kid" in Birth by Sleep all the more ironic.

(We see the actual events and that he's not there in the Browser Chi).

So were the other two unknown characters for Union X. Sora and Riku being younger was due to Yen Sid's magic. It was symbolism of Sora and Riku disbanding everything they already knew about their Keyblade powers, and to start from scratch.

So were the other two unknown characters for Union X. Sora and Riku being younger was due to Yen Sid's magic. It was symbolism of Sora and Riku disbanding everything they already knew about their Keyblade powers, and to start from scratch.

In a sense, maybe that's kind of what Ven did.  Because he had to give up some ability to wield the keyblade, he was able to travel to that time and look younger (he looks much like how MX was training him in BBS pre-Vanitas spawn).  It's like he is a beginner again, but with the same mind as of the most current games since it's been implied the things Sora sees are the same things Ven sees (and he's not entirely comatose what with guiding Aqua to the Land of Departure).

Ven's exact "state" of being has always been a little tough for me to pin down.  How disabled he is by having to be linked with Sora's heart is still something we're learning about even with DDD and 0.2.  Obviously he's aware of things given how he gives his armor to save Sora in DDD.  So what is that sleepyhead really up to behind the scenes?  That's what I want to know.

Edited by Justjack91

But let's be real, Ven being the Peter Pan of Kingdom Hearts is an awesome concept. It'd make him being the "kid" in Birth by Sleep all the more ironic.

That is true. I'm really looking forward to seeing these two unannounced union leaders and how they factor into everything with Ven, Ephemer and Skuld.

Remember the interview (can't find it, but it was posted on this site) when Nomura said that Birth by Sleep Volume 2 was intended to be about Aqua, Terra and Ventus? Now we know what Aqua's story is about and we could imagine how Terra's story could have been, but what about Ventus?

I feel like this thread is the answer.

Remember the interview (can't find it, but it was posted on this site) when Nomura said that Birth by Sleep Volume 2 was intended to be about Aqua, Terra and Ventus? Now we know what Aqua's story is about and we could imagine how Terra's story could have been, but what about Ventus?

I feel like this thread is the answer.

Come to think about it, I think we're already getting Terra's and Ventus 0.2 stories. Terra's conversation with Namine, and Ventus' events in Union X seems to factor in.

Hmm, this is a very interesting theory indeed! The idea that he could be unconsciously sending himself into the Unchained Realm to set things in motion for Union X is an interesting concept, and after your explanation of the similarities akin to how Sora and Riku went into the Realm Of Sleep for their Mark Of Mastery are good comparisons! It would be pretty insane if Ventus was actually traveling to the past, but wouldn't that mean he'd have to leave his body behind in the Chamber Of Waking and a version of him should be in the X era? 

While this is a good theory, I like to think that Ventus is actually from the X era, and that some series of unfortunate events lead him to somehow end up in the current present so many hundreds of years later! The Realm Of Darkness could be a key factor in this, since it's a place where time runs abnormally different from the outside world!

And welcome to the forums! :D

Honestly, Ven originally being from the Chi era is about as likely as Maleficent being from that time, or Mickey, Donald and Goofy for that matter. He certainly wouldn't be the first character to show up in Chi in a time away from his own. /snark

I forgot about that scene from the secret ending of bbs:fm and this is really has me thinking what other elements from bbs vol2 may end up in Chi. The scene with Kairi in Twilight Town seems possible now, I guess because there is so many places Chi could go right now. 

While I don't know if I agree with the specifics of your theory I am all for the general idea: Ven is asleep, the world of Unchained Chi is a sleeping world(?), therefore Ven is able to end up in the world of Unchained Chi. The relation between the realm of sleep, dream eaters, time travel, and the book of prophecies is key and I'm glad other people are theorizing about this. Welcome to the forums!