•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Save Crashing still exist...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CursedKeyblade1

CursedKeyblade1
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

#2 Young_Master_Eraqueez

Young_Master_Eraqueez

*insert IGN meme here*

• 30 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

Well shit, but we won't give up until they patch this issue. We must keep fighting!

#3 BlankShell

BlankShell

Amazing Cyber Sleuth

• 1,748 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

Obviously don't let them forget about it, but was it ever stated that's what the patch was for? I thought the patch was for 60FPS tweaks. This one is likely a lot harder to reproduce and isolate, so I imagine they're still working on it.

#4 Headphone Jack

Headphone Jack
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

fingers crossed a solution is still in the works for this

#5 MythrilMagician

MythrilMagician

Game Over!

• 2,379 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:09 PM

From what it looks like, they're fixing the problems in small portions. Hopefully this is at least fixed by the Western release.

Obviously don't let them forget about it, but was it ever stated that's what the patch was for? I thought the patch was for 60FPS tweaks. This one is likely a lot harder to reproduce and isolate, so I imagine they're still working on it.

60FPS tweaks and "various bug fixes"
This obviously hasn't been fixed.

#6 CursedKeyblade1

CursedKeyblade1
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:27 PM

This should have been first priority lol

#7 MythrilMagician

MythrilMagician

Game Over!

• 2,379 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

This should have been first priority lol

It actually looks like a difficult problem to fix. I doubt they even know what's causing the problem. If that's the case, then they can't fix it until they figure out the cause.

Edited by MythrilMagician, 19 March 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#8 BlankShell

BlankShell

Amazing Cyber Sleuth

• 1,748 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

From what it looks like, they're fixing the problems in small portions. Hopefully this is at least fixed by the Western release.
60FPS tweaks and "various bug fixes"
This obviously hasn't been fixed.

"Various bug fixes" is usually shorthand for optimization and streamlining; if this thing is indeed a bug, it's big enough to warrant its own patch note. But yeah, hopefully we'll see a fix before the western release. If not, well... at least the unfortunate souls will provide invaluable data for a patch later on =P.

#9 MythrilMagician

MythrilMagician

Game Over!

• 2,379 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

"Various bug fixes" is usually shorthand for optimization and streamlining; if this thing is indeed a bug, it's big enough to warrant its own patch note. But yeah, hopefully we'll see a fix before the western release. If not, well... at least the unfortunate souls will provide invaluable data for a patch later on =P.

Practically the only benefit of Japan getting the game first :P

#10 Raphaël David

Raphaël David
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

I want to emphasize the fact that clicking on report the problem sends them the code stack where the game crashed. So if users continue reporting it, there is no doubt they will understand what's the issue and where it is located. I am more concerned for non crashing issues like in 0.2 with the infinite loading screen that still happens to me from time to time.

#11 dabestgamer

dabestgamer
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:37 AM

I want to emphasize the fact that clicking on report the problem sends them the code stack where the game crashed.

Does it really?

Never heard this before, but that's actually interesting if this is the case.

#12 Young_Master_Eraqueez

Young_Master_Eraqueez

*insert IGN meme here*

• 30 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

I want to emphasize the fact that clicking on report the problem sends them the code stack where the game crashed. So if users continue reporting it, there is no doubt they will understand what's the issue and where it is located. I am more concerned for non crashing issues like in 0.2 with the infinite loading screen that still happens to me from time to time.

Huh, I never knew that happened when you submited a game crash report.

#13 MythrilMagician

MythrilMagician

Game Over!

• 2,379 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Does it really?

Never heard this before, but that's actually interesting if this is the case.

Huh, I never knew that happened when you submited a game crash report.

That should be in all OSes
Anyway, it may be why they haven't fixed it yet
Probably not enough people have reported the crash. If it's as random as they say, they'll likely need more data to find the root of the problem.