Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

This is something I wanted to get of my chest and I don't think there is for me a good way to explain it fully but I will try:

Birth By Sleep

{5 years after KH2 release}

tumblr_npy2wccVsX1qfi5kio1_500.gif

This game answered some of the mystery's in this series some of them are bad and some of them are good.

The game introduced us to the true Xehanort and set up the events we have witnessed over the series but our three heroes ended on a cliffhanger and are waiting for their rise in KH3 (Yeah I know I said cliffhanger but you know what I mean.

I am just gonna skip Re Coded because it didn't offer anything to the franchise besides the ending which should've been in Birth By Sleep anyway.

DREAM DROP DISTANCE

{7 years after KH2 release, 10th anniversary of the KINGDOM HEARTS Series}

tumblr_merdp4Z0Km1rrugdwo2_500.gif

This games story was a mess and the hole story was for preparing for KH3 and the ending was there to make the plot convoluted for ''reasons'' and to make a big fight because Nomura thinks fighting one guy with zero followers is boring... Sure whatever but time travel? that is not what I think about this series.

I stop there or else this becomes a pointless rant.

It was just to set up KH3

Final Chapter Prologue

{11 years after KH2 release or so, close to the 15th anniversary of the series}

original.gif

Aqua's story:

I really liked her story and it is the closest thing we get to KH3 but the ending of course is build up to KH3 I love long over arc story's and I think it was really done well here even though I didn't really like the link between KH1 and BBS I am alright with it and because we are getting closer to KH3 I think it is here just okay.

Unchained X story...

For somebody here who knows nothing about Unchained X this movie did nothing for me besides making Xehanort's keyblade firetrucking OP and the Master of Masters was a cool man but it just didn't connect and it bothers me that this is probably gonna be important for KH3 but it did hardly a good job explaining to the new comers.

All of this could be okay if KH3 does the over arc story right but if it doesn't give us the ending or conclusion to these storylines in the games YUK every build up in the games would lead to dissapointment.

And my second thing is: Was this all needed Birth By Sleep and Re coded build up was good enough for me

Edit: OKAY I HAD TO EDIT MY POST MULTIPLE TIMES BECAUSE THIS FORUM DOESN'T ALLOW GIFS -_-

Edited by AwesomeKHfan

I don't think every possible question could be answered at this stage, but as long as all the main plot-holes are wrapped up then I don't mind. I agree with you though, there is a lot of stuff that really doesn't need to be there at all. It'll be hard for KH3 to wrap up 15 years worth of build up. 

I don't think every possible question could be answered at this stage, but as long as all the main plot-holes are wrapped up then I don't mind. I agree with you though, there is a lot of stuff that really doesn't need to be there at all. It'll be hard for KH3 to wrap up 15 years worth of build up. 

I don't want to be the poor sucker who hates KH3 0_0

All those years... I will never ever trust the over arc story anymore if that happens to me xD

well to nomura this seemed like the best way to set up KH3, when this was actually a pretty awful way to do it. 

really we only needed BBS and DDD, and whatever important plot points Days and Re:Coded had could have been inserted into those games or KH3.

honestly Nomura had a pretty straightforward set up for KH3 after KH2. in KH2 we learn that Ansem SoD and Xemnas came from Apprentice Xehanort. 

and we also know that when you kill a person's heartless and nobody, it recreates the original somebody. 

KH2 wraps up and everything is peachy. but wait.

Xehanort is now reformed, keeping in line with the rules of this series, and he's out to see his plans through to the end. now Sora and co. have to stop him once and for all, blah blah blah, you get the idea. totally easy set up there but NOPE. Five and a half games later and we're still building up the plot to KH3.

we didn't need to know about Terra, Aqua and Ven, we didn't need to know what Roxas did in the Organization, we didn't need to know why Jiminy's journal was wiped clean (honestly i assumed it was meant to be a representation of how their memories were erased but nope i guess it's just bugged and glitched because that's how paper works), and DDD is just a culmination of all these games so the entirety of that game wasn't needed. 

Edited by Headphone Jack

Well, I'm sure that most of the plot points and build up leading to this point will be answered in Kingdom Hearts III, while leaving us with new questions for what waits ahead! I trust Nomura, and I know that he won't let us down! I'm sure he'll provide a satisfying conclusion to the Xehanort Saga, which has been fifteen years in the making! :D

well to nomura this seemed like the best way to set up KH3, when this was actually a pretty awful way to do it.

really we only needed BBS and DDD, and whatever important plot points Days and Re:Coded had could have been inserted into those games or KH3.

honestly Nomura had a pretty straightforward set up for KH3 after KH2. in KH2 we learn that Ansem SoD and Xemnas came from Apprentice Xehanort.

and we also know that when you kill a person's heartless and nobody, it recreates the original somebody.

KH2 wraps up and everything is peachy. but wait.

Xehanort is now reformed, keeping in line with the rules of this series, and he's out to see his plans through to the end. now Sora and co. have to stop him once and for all, blah blah blah, you get the idea. totally easy set up there but NOPE. Five and a half games later and we're still building up the plot to KH3.

we didn't need to know about Terra, Aqua and Ven, we didn't need to know what Roxas did in the Organization, we didn't need to know why Jiminy's journal was wiped clean (honestly i assumed it was meant to be a representation of how their memories were erased but nope i guess it's just bugged and glitched because that's how paper works), and DDD is just a culmination of all these games so the entirety of that game wasn't needed.

So basically what you're saying is that you'd rather go into KH3 with an entire continent's worth of questions than expect the current questions to be answered? I can kind of understand why most of Re:Coded was uneeded, but everything else...if it was just left out of the picture, the lore would be vague as shit in KH3. See what I mean? Edited by lollygagger19

So basically what you're saying is that you'd rather go into KH3 with an entire continent's worth of questions than expect the current questions to be answered? I can kind of understand why most of Re:Coded was uneeded, but everything else...if it was just left out of the picture, the lore would be vague as shit in KH3. See what I mean?

i'm not suggesting we drop all the games between KH2 and KH3 and continue on with the current plot line. obviously that would be idiotic and no one would know what was going on.

what i'm saying is that if Nomura had continued the series from KH2 by going right to KH3 with a returned Apprentice Xehanort as the main antagonist, we wouldn't have as nearly an overly complicated narrative as we do now. at the very least we would have had a more direct plot line to follow as opposed to this connect the dots mess of a series we have now. Nomura continues to layer plot lines over each other in order to set up KH3, all the while raising more questions than answers. 

so no, i'm not saying i'd prefer to ignore all the games we've gotten in the lead up KH3 and just play KH3 right away. i'm saying that there are better directions Nomura could have taken the story to set up KH3 and i suggested one. 

i'm going off the idea that with this alternate story line i suggested, the current games we have post-KH2 aren't relevent, they don't even exist. KH2 would have set up KH3 right away. 

i'm going off the idea that with this alternate story line i suggested, the current games we have post-KH2 aren't relevent, they don't even exist. KH2 would have set up KH3 right away. 

So in this alternate storyline, how does Roxas looking nothing like Sora work? There'd be no Ventus, so you'd have to explain that in some other way.

And don't say Tidus.

Edited by Firaga Sensei

So in this alternate storyline, how does Roxas looking nothing like Sora work? There'd be no Ventus, so you'd have to explain that in some other way.

And don't say Tidus.

same way it worked back when KH2 first released? was it ever established in KH2 that Nobodies look like their somebodies? i know characters in KH2 often said Roxas or Sora looked like each other but i mean...that clearly wasn't true and yet it was still being said. 

also i don't get the Tidus comment.

was it ever established in KH2 that Nobodies look like their somebodies?

It didn't really need to be established, it was just accepted as common knowledge, Roxas and also Namine excluded because even in that time frame, they were being treated as special cases.

also i don't get the Tidus comment.

It's an old joke. xD Apparently, some people thought that Tidus was going to be playable in KH2 upon their initial reactions to seeing the Simulated Twilight Town footage.

And don't say Tidus.

It's never established that nobodies are supposed to be identical to their somebodies but regardless Roxas and Namine were always the exceptions to the rules. 

Namine was spawned atypically and both were the only nobodies to co-exist with their somebodies. 

That arguably says enough. 

Personally, I do see a bit of a facial resemblance between Sora and Roxas/Ventus and love how Ventus ties it up nicely.  

It's never established that nobodies are supposed to be identical to their somebodies but regardless Roxas and Namine were always the exceptions to the rules. 

Namine was spawned atypically and both were the only nobodies to co-exist with their somebodies. 

That arguably says enough. 

Personally, I do see a bit of a facial resemblance between Sora and Roxas/Ventus and love how Ventus ties it up nicely.  

Literally every other high powered Nobody we see except those two is an identical of their Somebody.

Again, not said directly, but it's something you just pick up.

The explanation when KH2 came out was that Nobodies were like Somebodies with "minor differences". Going by BBS, apparently as minor as Axel's tattoos, but Naminé having a different hair color was easy enough to explain. Roxas... Not so much. He WAS designed to look a lot like Sora, that's why Xemnas says Sora "looks a lot like you", but there were way more differences than Naminé and Kairi.

If BBS never happened, the series wouldn't be nearly as amazing or thought-provoking IMO.  Sometimes, going back is the only way to understand what happens when moving forward.  In the case of BBS, it quite neatly fit into several subplots that eventually merged with the main story.  We see the influence of Ventus on Sora and Roxas, the influence of Terra on both Ansem SOD and Xemnas, and the powerful connection that Aqua still has with the Realm of Light (her suit of armor and keyblade in the Chamber of Repose, both triggering memories within Xemnas), despite being trapped in the Realm of Darkness. 

These are just some of the reasons why BBS brings the series together so well, yet still had unanswered questions for quite some time.  Certain questions, like where exactly did TVA come from prior to arriving at the Land of Departure, may never be answered, but that's okay, since those questions aren't all that relevant to the main plot as of now.

Now, DDD, on the other hand, is a different story....

I still don't fully understand what happened in that game, despite trying my very best to follow the story and its intricate details very closely.

Edited by Neoshadow99

This is something I wanted to get of my chest and I don't think there is for me a good way to explain it fully but I will try:

Birth By Sleep

{5 years after KH2 release}

tumblr_npy2wccVsX1qfi5kio1_500.gif

This game answered some of the mystery's in this series some of them are bad and some of them are good.

The game introduced us to the true Xehanort and set up the events we have witnessed over the series but our three heroes ended on a cliffhanger and are waiting for their rise in KH3 (Yeah I know I said cliffhanger but you know what I mean.

I am just gonna skip Re Coded because it didn't offer anything to the franchise besides the ending which should've been in Birth By Sleep anyway.

DREAM DROP DISTANCE

{7 years after KH2 release, 10th anniversary of the KINGDOM HEARTS Series}

tumblr_merdp4Z0Km1rrugdwo2_500.gif

This games story was a mess and the hole story was for preparing for KH3 and the ending was there to make the plot convoluted for ''reasons'' and to make a big fight because Nomura thinks fighting one guy with zero followers is boring... Sure whatever but time travel? that is not what I think about this series.

I stop there or else this becomes a pointless rant.

It was just to set up KH3

Final Chapter Prologue

{11 years after KH2 release or so, close to the 15th anniversary of the series}

original.gif

Aqua's story:

I really liked her story and it is the closest thing we get to KH3 but the ending of course is build up to KH3 I love long over arc story's and I think it was really done well here even though I didn't really like the link between KH1 and BBS I am alright with it and because we are getting closer to KH3 I think it is here just okay.

Unchained X story...

For somebody here who knows nothing about Unchained X this movie did nothing for me besides making Xehanort's keyblade firetrucking OP and the Master of Masters was a cool man but it just didn't connect and it bothers me that this is probably gonna be important for KH3 but it did hardly a good job explaining to the new comers.

All of this could be okay if KH3 does the over arc story right but if it doesn't give us the ending or conclusion to these storylines in the games YUK every build up in the games would lead to dissapointment.

And my second thing is: Was this all needed Birth By Sleep and Re coded build up was good enough for me

Edit: OKAY I HAD TO EDIT MY POST MULTIPLE TIMES BECAUSE THIS FORUM DOESN'T ALLOW GIFS -_-

What build up? Your entire post tells me you don't fully understand the story. 

0.2 is the closet thing we get to kh3? What? DDD is. 

Coded - Jiminy's Journal, The Book of Prophecies, the King's Letter. I guess people only think of the ending and nothing else.

How is DDD a mess? How else would you explain "you are just one of the many roads that I might choose to take"? Time travel? What's so confusing about that?

When I think of Kingdom Hearts' story as a whole, it isn't about light versus darkness as much as it is about friendship and the ties that bond us. Everything that Sora is revolves around his friends, and I'm not just talking about Riku and Kairi. Ventus and Sora connected when Sora was just a newborn heart, afterward, he developed close ties with Riku and eventually Kairi when she appeared on Destiny Islands. Aqua knows him more than he knows her, but that doesn't break the bond. Terra never "officially" met Sora, but through his ties with Ven, Aqua and Riku they are considered friends. Then there's Roxas, his nobody who deserves to be a somebody. With him came Axel and Xion, and Namine with her connection with Kairi. And their enemies became Sora's enemies, and Sora's friend's allies became his allies.

The reason why Sora doesn't have a direct reason to destroy Xehanort like everyone else does is because he's not supposed to. If Xehanort destroyed the lives of TAV, then Sora is going to be there to help pick up the pieces and heal the wounds because they are his friends. If Xehanort tricked and used the Sea Salt trio for his own gain, and royally pissed everyone off, then Sora is going to be there to calm the waters and tell them that they DO have hearts and that they DO deserve to live as somebodies because they are his friends. If Xehanort's darkness attacks Riku and tries to pull him under, then Sora is going to be there to help Riku stand firm because he is his friend.

And when Sora is targeted and pulled under and surrounded by darkness, then all of his FRIENDS-Riku, Kairi, Donald, Goofy, Mikey, Ventus, Roxas, Aqua, Xion, Terra, Axel, etc.-will be there to pull him back up because they are all in this together. All the tragedy, all the hurt, all the pain, the loss, the sorrow: the death of Xion, the murders committed by Axel; Roxas' resolve and Ventus' sacrifice; Terra's mistake and Riku's struggle; Kairi's unending love, and Aqua's relentless will... all of it dwindles down to the final end in KH3 and all of it was needed to show you a story of how one man ruined the lives of so many and how all of those ruined lives will be brought together under one sky to end the pain and suffering. That's why all the games are needed, that's why all the games are important because they each explain and introduce all of the friends Sora is connected to. And Sora may be nothing special by himself, but he is who he is because of them.