Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xTheOnlyProdigyx

IS KINGDOM HEARTS STORY CONFUSING?!

Convoluted is the word I'd use. It's like Metal Gear, except it's impossible to follow naturally without a video on YouTube explaining the damn thing.

Plus it has too much vagueness and needing to search for details in obscure areas, like Xehanort/Ansem Reports for a single word.

Unnecessary lore plagues it too.

I don't think it's confusing (probably because i'm one of the people who understand it perfectly). But when my parents ask what it's about, I can never figure out a way to explain it without confusing them.

Edited by KHUndertaleFan25

*inhale*

It seemed fairly straightforward for the first couple games (KH1 & CoM) and even with KH2, while it got more complicated, it wasn't nearly impossible to fully understand. I would say it was around 358/2 Days when things started to stop making sense, and then BBS amplified it to a considerable degree. 

and then DDD comes along and adds time travel into the mix. And nothing makes sense anymore. (seriously i have replayed that game a couple times (for some reason) and still have no idea how the time travel works.) 

I would say KH1, CoM, KH2, & 358/2 are 'complicated', but not impossible to understand. But BBS, DDD, [unchained/Union] χ, and  χ Back Cover needless turned the overall story into a convoluted mess. 

I love Kingdom Hearts, it's easily my favorite game series, but the story is very poorly written. The only reason I understand [most of] it is because I have been playing this series since I was 6 and have just accepted this as the way it is. The only reason I care about what's going on is because [some of] the characters can be pretty well written, and that gives me incentive to care about whatever the heck is going on in this mess of a story.

or at least that's my opinion.  -.-

*exhale*

*inhale*

It seemed fairly straightforward for the first couple games (KH1 & CoM) and even with KH2, while it got more complicated, it wasn't nearly impossible to fully understand. I would say it was around 358/2 Days when things started to stop making sense, and then BBS amplified it to a considerable degree. 

and then DDD comes along and adds time travel into the mix. And nothing makes sense anymore. (seriously i have replayed that game a couple times (for some reason) and still have no idea how the time travel works.) 

I would say KH1, CoM, KH2, & 358/2 are 'complicated', but not impossible to understand. But BBS, DDD, [unchained/Union] χ, and  χ Back Cover needless turned the overall story into a convoluted mess. 

I love Kingdom Hearts, it's easily my favorite game series, but the story is very poorly written. The only reason I understand [most of] it is because I have been playing this series since I was 6 and have just accepted this as the way it is. The only reason I care about what's going on is because [some of] the characters can be pretty well written, and that gives me incentive to care about whatever the heck is going on in this mess of a story.

or at least that's my opinion.  -.-

*exhale*

To be honest, I don't find the story poorly written. I find it pretty interesting and it keeps me on my toes. But I respect your opinion.

(didnt actually watch the video, sorry. I'll get to it tomorrow when its not past midnight)

Here's my opinion of the story: although it can fit well together, it is needlessly complicated. And I think the reason is because of the way they developed them. 

I feel that KH1 was developed without any of the future KH games in mind, and it just showed the story of Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Then KH1 becomes such a great success, and they need to make more games to continue the series. So they just piled the concept of Nobodies onto the storyline. And then they just kept adding more and more on top of the story, and they tried really hard to actually fit it all in. They did a pretty good job with it, but as far as I'm concerned this is the only reason they would write the story this way. If everything was in mind since the beginning, then I think most people wouldn't find it complicated.

I personally enjoy the convoluted story it has a certain type of mystery to it and gives a person incentive if they are interested to dig around the games and find just clues and more about the whole thing.

That's just my opinion on it some may find that annoying and all but I personally enjoy it you don't need to read the reports and all but they go a long way into helping you understand just minor points about the lore and all.