Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
faemarch

Interview: Mickey & Brooms Coming to the North American version of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ

With the announcement of a multiplayer function and Kingdom Hearts Union χ, more news for Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ , (soon to be rebranded as Union χ) arrives!

On March 11th, 2017,

Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ Producer, Hironori Okayama, Co-Director Hiroyuki Ito, and the North America Operation's Producer of Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ, Steven Nguyen at PAX East. During this interview, the men confirmed that they are looking to bring the highly-anticipated Mickey & Broom medals into the North American port of the game, as well as raise the "power level" of medals to be on par with that of Japan's Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ. They also stated that they are looking to improve communications between the team and players.

The interview can be viewed below, thanks to player Pigginatti:

UPDATE: During PAX East 2017,

on YouTube asks Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ Producer, Hironori Okayama, about Mickey & Brooms and directly confronts him with a joke "WANTED: Mickey & Brooms" sign. Okayama laughs and replies with a "Soon." View the funny moment in the video below:

Click here to view the article

Thanks for showing this to us, Faemarch!

So, Mickey And Brooms are coming to the international version of the game, huh? I've heard about these specific medals for the longest time now! What's so special about them? :O

And well, I'm happy that the producers want to improve the game and ensure that feedback is showed to them so they can keep improving upon the game! :)

Can people finally stop bitching about this now? Brooms will kill the meta anyway. You don't need them.

That said, looking forward to guilting some of my HSC rewards, because those five dots drive me bananas.

Thanks for showing this to us, Faemarch!

So, Mickey And Brooms are coming to the international version of the game, huh? I've heard about these specific medals for the longest time now! What's so special about them? :O

And well, I'm happy that the producers want to improve the game and ensure that feedback is showed to them so they can keep improving upon the game! :)

In Instant fully guilt.

Can people finally stop bitching about this now? Brooms will kill the meta anyway. You don't need them.That said, looking forward to guilting some of my HSC rewards, because those five dots drive me bananas.

It doesn't kill the meta, to be honest. You don't necessarily need them to complete the story and most events, sure, but people who cannot invest hundreds of dollars will never guilt premium medals. (Unless they are incredibly lucky and even then, better medals will have come out by the time people are able to without guaranteed orbed ones.) And quite frankly, a lot of the premium medals are essentially useless if you cannot guilt them because they lose in comparison to guilted tier 3s. Even people like me who do spend money on this game can't and that's just sad. Not even mentioning the amount of Jewels also differing greatly.

Not to mention that they were introduced after four months in Japan for that reason as well. And since they have not changed the difficulty for global for the most part, the treatment should be the same in my opinion. It's not like M&Bs are handed out in large amounts either.

It doesn't kill the meta, to be honest. You don't necessarily need them to complete the story and most events, sure, but people who cannot invest hundreds of dollars will never guilt premium medals. (Unless they are incredibly lucky and even then, better medals will have come out by the time people are able to without guaranteed orbed ones.) And quite frankly, a lot of the premium medals are essentially useless if you cannot guilt them because they lose in comparison to guilted tier 3s. Even people like me who do spend money on this game can't and that's just sad. Not even mentioning the amount of Jewels also differing greatly. Not to mention that they were introduced after four months in Japan for that reason as well. And since they have not changed the difficulty for global for the most part, the treatment should be the same in my opinion. It's not like M&Bs are handed out in large amounts either.

I guess my takeaway is more that people think that brooms will automatically make a difference in the HSC portion, which it won't, but won't affect the events and story, which it will. They're unnecessary and it will be a classic case of people getting what they want, realizing it isn't necessary, and dumping the whole thing as a result. I'm excited for them, don't get me wrong, but keeping them to a minimum will favor the longevity of the game overall.

I guess my takeaway is more that people think that brooms will automatically make a difference in the HSC portion, which it won't, but won't affect the events and story, which it will. They're unnecessary and it will be a classic case of people getting what they want, realizing it isn't necessary, and dumping the whole thing as a result. I'm excited for them, don't get me wrong, but keeping them to a minimum will favor the longevity of the game overall.

Of course those expectations cannot be met but we've missed out on so many already that it would have made a difference in terms of Proud Quests, etc. They won't get us farther in the HSC because those with money will be able to purchase more of the new medals and you basically need those guilted if you want to get a high bonus and get far. But even if that's the case, I'd still like to guilt a few premium medals at least because most of mine are lying around, being useless. They're just too rare to guilt properly and if you do get one in every 5 pulls or so, it will take forever to guilt one if any. The current deal helps out a little but won't magically give me six additional copies of Illustrated Riku B.

I mean, I play the Japanese version too and the treatment is so much better. If it was the same, people wouldn't complain nearly as much, but it's simply not. And the game is the same, so why shouldn't we receive the same possibilities?

You are right though, the expectations for this might be a bit too high in some cases, but it's at least something that people can guilt medals which they could not before.